Has anyone seen Leon Washington run?

ZachEY

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leon says he's been clear to run in a straight line (not permitted to cut yet).

This is a gamble for the Seahawks, but a reasonable one. They gave up a 5th rounder for a player they don't know who can return to old form and is potentially an UFA the following year.

I loved Leon and was really hoping things worked out for him here, but at this point it was really risky. He's recouping, aging and it did not look like we could get him re-signed.

He was an amazing big play player, but at the same time he was limited in his role here and that makes him easier to replace than other guys on the team coming up for new contracts.

I understand why they traded him, and hope we drafted a good candidate to replce him in McKnight.

Did Leon Washington have any ligament damage? Nope.

Training camp is not far off. Ligament damage or not, seems like he's still not ready, and there are no guarantees he will be. Ignoring the idea of him 'getting back to form'.

Gotta be honest, I did like Leon, but I also like that this team is finally making what seem like football moves, and not sentimental ones. We made the AFC Championship game without Leon Washinton, he was mostly ineffective to start the season before he got hurt. The guy is on a peg-leg right now, this was absolutely the right move, even if it was not the popular one.

Here's the question I never seem to have answered concerning LW. Does anyone know of another RB who had a compound fracture like LW. Had a permanent steel rod put in and then went on to play at a high level?

This made me laugh...

Here's the question I never seem to have answered concerning CP. Does anyone know of another QB who had a two shoulder surgeries like CP. And then went on to play at a high level?

:rl:

Been there, asked that.

This made me laugh...

Here's the question I never seem to have answered concerning CP. Does anyone know of another QB who had a two shoulder surgeries like CP. And then went on to play at a high level?

:rl:

Been there, asked that.

Hey CP's going for his 3rd comeback player of the year award in 6 years. ;)

Leon may beat him out, but he still would have probably left us anyway.

Much easier to come back from a clean break of the bone then it is a torn ACL.
I think Leon will return to form and play well, but I doubt we would have been able to keep him.

The Jets were proactive on this, either way I can't bash them for that.

Much easier to come back from a clean break of the bone then it is a torn ACL.

Even if the guy just took the season and offseason camps off for contract reasons or to care for a family member there would be concerns about his ability to come back at the same level. Leon hasn't been able to work out or run until very recently and still can't cut. If you are unable to run for 6-7 months you can consider your comeback a question mark.

Here's the question I never seem to have answered concerning LW. Does anyone know of another RB who had a compound fracture like LW. Had a permanent steel rod put in and then went on to play at a high level?

Darren Sproles. Both are pretty much the same exact players.

An injury sustained in the season that prevents you from running in April should be a little concerning, no?
Sure if he was not on target, or if he was going to miss part of training camp.

I just don't see that happening now, so while it's concerning, I'm not as worried about it as I would be with Leon.

They both have to run, but Leon's running was more of his bread and butter than Sanchez's.

Stop trying to hog all the sunshine by sending storm clouds my way. :P

It's not like he's walking around NY with a boot on his foot or anything. :rl:

Leon says he's been clear to run in a straight line (not permitted to cut yet).

This is a gamble for the Seahawks, but a reasonable one. They gave up a 5th rounder for a player they don't know who can return to old form and is potentially an UFA the following year.

Don't forget they did get a 7th rounder too.

Have you seen our O-Line? He doesn't have to run.

:cheers:

Yes, Mark Sanchez was not sacked once last year! With the addition of Vlad, the line should be renamed Fort Knox. :rolleyes:

You guys crack me up. Every year, pre-season champs. Every year!

An injury sustained in the season that prevents you from running in April should be a little concerning, no?

Did you forget that the reason he isn't running is because he had surgery in late February?

You're trolling nonsense makes it sound like he got injured during the season and hasn't run since. He was running with the injury.

Yes, Mark Sanchez was not sacked once last year! With the addition of Vlad, the line should be renamed Fort Knox. :rolleyes:

Nah, that's the Pats. You have your 26 draft picks, none of which will make the roster.

I refer you to the following articles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sense_of_humour

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke

If you are still confused about this cognitive ability known as a "sense of humor", I can provide you with some further examples.

Darren Sproles. Both are pretty much the same exact players.

I've seen Sproles, Derrick Ward and even TO listed as guys coming back from similar injuries, but I don't think any of them had a compound fracture. I'm pretty sure Sproles didn't because they thought he had a high ankle sprain before the x-rays. I don't think that any of us thought Leon only had an ankle sprain.

Archived