Best Inside Linebackers in N.F.L.: The Top 10 List

rick34125

Like D-Rob?

No, not like DRob. He's got nothing to do with anything anymore unless we're talking about 4-3 DTs that could have been dominant if their teams were more well run and he didn't get hit with an arthritic knee by 25.

Also, I still maintain that if the Jets were not a borderline retarded franchise for most of their existence that DRob would have been a high end defender. He was the most dominating player on the '04 DL, but because of that we throw away a perfectly fine young NT as if 1 DT is all it takes. Then to make it worse the guy gets arthritis in his left knee...then we switch to a new D where he's a rotation guy except he's not, he's a starting NT...if Pouha had stayed healthy early in his career even that could have been helped.

Ah circumstance....oh well. His career was a valiant effort at least...he played his ass off for the Jets, especially '04 and '06.

No, not like DRob. He's got nothing to do with anything anymore unless we're talking about 4-3 DTs that could have been dominant if their teams were more well run and he didn't get hit with an arthritic knee by 25.

Also, I still maintain that if the Jets were not a borderline retarded franchise for most of their existence that DRob would have been a high end defender. He was the most dominating player on the '04 DL, but because of that we throw away a perfectly fine young NT as if 1 DT is all it takes. Then to make it worse the guy gets arthritis in his left knee...then we switch to a new D where he's a rotation guy except he's not, he's a starting NT...lol and if Pouha had stayed healthy early in his career even that could have been helped.

Ah circumstance....oh well.

Drob and dominating shouldnt be in the same paragraph, let alone sentence.

Cowher and Gruden both called Robertson the best DT their teams faced in '04.

DRob is just another member of the Chad Pennington led Woulda/Coulda/Shoulda Jet team.

Pennington was at least productive early on here. Robertson was a collossal bust. The Jets were awful against the run when he was on the line and you could probably count on one hand the amount of negative tackles he had in his tenure.

The 2004 team had 3 guys on the line better than him. And that defense was mediocre at best. They got lucky with turnovers that season.

Pennington was at least productive early on here. Robertson was a collossal bust. The Jets were awful against the run when he was on the line and you could probably count on one hand the amount of negative tackles he had in his tenure.

The 2004 team had 3 guys on the line better than him. And that defense was mediocre at best. They got lucky with turnovers that season.

Mhm...Well...agree to disagree. To me, DRob is at least as much a victim of circumstance as he was his own suck...One thing about him that does piss me off is that they were really shooting for AJ in that '03 draft but the Texans were dicks about it.

If your new rook can step up you will be in good shape, as the play prior to that Starks also beat Faneca and either sacked Sandchez or stooped him for no gain.
I'm not counting Slauson out either, IMO we had to roll the dice Faneca was an absolute liability on passing plays.

Archived