ESPN's 30 for 30: Run Ricky Run

Jbro22

I fell asleep before the end, but i guess he now has 4 kids then. One of the women was saying that she thinks she is his girlfriend, but she never sees him. Of course this was during his global "walkabout" and maybe there was an update. He did say that he didn't even think about his kids

Thats the one he married.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this yet. Anyways anyone see it? I thought it was awesome.

Dolphins hate aside, I kinda have a new found respect for Ricky. He's on another planet, some of the stuff that came out of his mouth was wild. He just doesn't see things the way we see them.

The thing that confuses me, is this. How in the world do you feel comfortable signing that guy and actually putting the football in his hands? The guys on another planet. Granted, he did way more than anyone expected out of him since he came back.

I watched it last night. I always had a profound respect for Williams given that he showed that there was something that was bigger in his life than the fame/fortune. Very few have that quality and I always admired that. To see the show and get a deeper view on it made me respect him even more. Too bad he's a dolphin though....his biggest blemish!

You are way off base on this. Cromartie has 7 or 8 kids and was behind on child support payments before the Jets advanced him $500K.

I remember watching Ricky playing in the outfield for Batavia in Single A baseball (1998 maybe?) I have always liked the guy.

You are way off base. I said nothing about child support payments, what I did say is that Cromartie actually does live with one of his children and has actually seen his children.

Looks like Ricky is now seeing his kids, but he's still a d'bag.

dude you have no idea what your talking about....watch the documentary and then sputter utter nonsense...

i dont care what anyone says Ricky Williams is the man...

Where are your Dolphins pom-poms? Right next to that sweet Aqua Marine Ricky Williams jersey?

Haven't seen it yet but I can't wait to see his pathetic responses to why he left the game. I'm sure I will not come out with a "new found respect" for him like you did, probably a bigger, better, new found hatred.

Just when I didn't think you could be any more of a douche.

I'm sure much of the show went right over that big dumb head of yours, though.

Why you would hate that guy, of all people, is ****ing beyond me.

Just when I didn't think you could be any more of a douche.

I'm sure much of the show went right over that big dumb head of yours, though.

Why you would hate that guy, of all people, is ****ing beyond me.

I didn't hate Ricky Williams before, but now that you've chimed in on this one....F*** Ricky Williams. :squishfish:

I hope you feel a sharp pain in your stomach every time Jason Taylor tackles a Miami Dolphin next season.

The film is exactly what i expected it to be....the guy is out there. To say things like "Money doesn't matter" (until your living in a card board box, hence his return to football) and asked if oyu ever think about your kids you havn't seen in years and your response is "No"...isn't the norm. Ricky was the Miami Dolphins when he played for us. He's been servicable upon his return but when he came back to football he lost the big body he was playing with when he won the rushing title and never got it back. I guess Wannstache is in part to blame for Ricky's downfall, no one has ever carried the ball more in a 2yr span than Ricky did....lots of abuse, but hey, thats your job.

He came back to football because he loves playing. He could've called it good for a final time by now.

I actually liked him before watching this.

But now, I think he's just a selfish P.O.S. who doesn't give a damn about anybody but himself.

Says he doesn't miss his kids, who he wasn't taking care of.

They try to make it seem like his childhood was horrible, because he had a strict mother.

Then he trys to find a million different disorders, so he can sit around the house and smoke weed.

Dude everyone would love to sit around watch tv and smoke, but thats not what life's about. You have to grow up.

But I still do say that he is one of the toughest players I have ever seen. The dolfags tried to kill him there for a few years, and he just kept running.

I actually liked him before watching this.

But now, I think he's just a selfish P.O.S. who doesn't give a damn about anybody but himself.

Says he doesn't miss his kids, who he wasn't taking care of.

They try to make it seem like his childhood was horrible, because he had a strict mother.

Then he trys to find a million different disorders, so he can sit around the house and smoke weed.

Dude everyone would love to sit around watch tv and smoke, but thats not what life's about. You have to grow up.

But I still do say that he is one of the toughest players I have ever seen. The dolfags tried to kill him there for a few years, and he just kept running.

Was it childish and immatre when he worked his ass off to become one of the best runners in the game and earn millions?

Was it childish and immatre when he worked his ass off to become one of the best runners in the game and earn millions?

The guy is a f-cking weed head and a nut job. You people watch this and see him as a "free spirit" with "lucid thoughts" I look @ him and see a f-cking loon that couldnt stay away from the happy grass so used that as an excuse to step away from his job responsibilities. A tent in Australia? Really? GTFOH-- he's a hippy that came back because he realized that he in fact needed $$$, contrary to what he thought initially.

The guy is a f-cking weed head and a nut job. You people watch this and see him as a "free spirit" with "lucid thoughts" I look @ him and see a f-cking loon that couldnt stay away from the happy grass so used that as an excuse to step away from his job responsibilities. A tent in Australia? Really? GTFOH-- he's a hippy that came back because he realized that he in fact needed $$$, contrary to what he thought initially.

He could've smoked weed and play football. Some people don't want to play football, it's really not that big of a deal. There are plenty other of professions I'd prefer over football.

Money and fame doesn't matter to Ricky. It's really not that big of a deal, he earned the right to do whatever the **** he wanted.

He could've smoked weed and play football. Some people don't want to play football, it's really not that big of a deal. There are plenty other of professions I'd prefer over football.

Money and fame doesn't matter to Ricky. It's really not that big of a deal, he earned the right to do whatever the **** he wanted.

So why is he back in the NFL if he in fact didnt want to play football? if $ & Fame didnt matter he wouldve stuck by his guns and stayed retired.

Why isnt he a holistic Dr full time or an acupuncturist full time since he "doesnt like football". Stop being a homer, Ricky Williams has mental issues and belonged in a looney bin with the rest of the loons.

So why is he back in the NFL if he in fact didnt want to play football? if $ & Fame didnt matter he wouldve stuck by his guns and stayed retired.

Why isnt he a holistic Dr full time or an acupuncturist full time since he "doesnt like football". Stop being a homer, Ricky Williams has mental issues and belonged in a looney bin with the rest of the loons.

He plays for a very small figure. He could've came back and resolved his debt issue and called it good but he's still there. He just signed a damn extension.

He plays for a very small figure. He could've came back and resolved his debt issue and called it good but he's still there. He just signed a damn extension.

Hey it doesnt really matter to me, Im just happy he's your headache and not ours.:yes:

Did he ever pay back the bonus money he collected from the Saints to the fish? Or did they work out a gentlemen's agreement to let him keep it?

Once he came back, I thought the right thing to do would be to let him keep it.

Ricky's obviously a complicated person with some inner demons from his childhood. I think it took alot of balls to put this out for the whole world to see, so he gets alot of credit for that.

For those that still bash Ricky as a "loony pothead" need to see the documentary and understand it, cause some of the replies here show that some people didn't pay attention.

To the jets fans who took off the green glasses, watched and understood the documentary, thanks for your un-biased comments.

Ricky's obviously a complicated person with some inner demons from his childhood. I think it took alot of balls to put this out for the whole world to see, so he gets alot of credit for that.

For those that still bash Ricky as a "loony pothead" need to see the documentary and understand it, cause some of the replies here show that some people didn't pay attention.

To the jets fans who took off the green glasses, watched and understood the documentary, thanks for your un-biased comments.

And for those of us that didn't watch this POS documentry, fuk us then and I say fuk RW...I couldn't care less about this clown. I think Ireland should interview this dip **** and see what kind of questions would be appropriate.

And for those of us that didn't watch this POS documentry, fuk us then and I say fuk RW...I couldn't care less about this clown. I think Ireland should interview this dip **** and see what kind of questions would be appropriate.

No, if you didn't watch it then why are you commenting on it? Let me guess, you also review movies you haven't seen and write book reports on books you haven't read.

No, if you didn't watch it then why are you commenting on it? Let me guess, you also review movies you haven't seen and write book reports on books you haven't read.

No, I've read all about RW previously from several years ago in the Herald and Sun Sentinel...he's a space cadet. I don't care how he acheived the rank of space cadet, all I know is that he's earned that high rank without going to OCS (officer candidate school).

No, I've read all about RW previously from several years ago in the Herald and Sun Sentinel...he's a space cadet. I don't care how he acheived the rank of space cadet, all I know is that he's earned that high rank without going to OCS (officer candidate school).

Again, you're commenting on something that you haven't seen. You're basing your opinions on something you "read" 3-4 years ago, which was never the complete story.

Again, you're commenting on something that you haven't seen. You're basing your opinions on something you "read" 3-4 years ago, which was never the complete story.

I am not commenting on the documentry per say...I am commenting on the fact that RW is from another planet. I knew he was from years ago...now, does the documentry dispute that or does it just explain how he rocketed himself to places only the Enterprise dared to go? I am not interested on how he got there if that's what this doc is all about.

I am not commenting on the documentry per say...I am commenting on the fact that RW is from another planet. I knew he was from years ago...now, does the documentry dispute that or does it just explain how he rocketed himself to places only the Enterprise dared to go? I am not interested on how he got there if that's what this doc is all about.

I think you're from another planet.

My take....

The Documentary is about how Ricky continues to run away from what we see as the American Dream. Gives a better explanation of why he has different values than we do.

Granted when the money ran out he came back. But I think a common misunderstanding is that he was sitting around stoned off his ass doing nothing. When he was actually studying how to become a natural healer through yoga and other stuff.

I'm not saying he's this great guy or anything, he just not the selfish person the media painted him as.

My take....

The Documentary is about how Ricky continues to run away from what we see as the American Dream. Gives a better explanation of why he has different values than we do.

Granted when the money ran out he came back. But I think a common misunderstanding is that he was sitting around stoned off his ass doing nothing. When he was actually studying how to become a natural healer through yoga and other stuff.

I'm not saying he's this great guy or anything, he just not the selfish person the media painted him as.

Never thought he was selfish...from what I have gathered through the years, RW to me was someone who had a gift to play football, but his mind was just a little bit off the 50 yard line if you get my drift.

Archived