Doggin94it

:D

It was a one time only power - my guess is he was saving it for later in the game when there was a higher likelihood you'd get nailed - same thing you were doing with your protections

Damn. Now I'm even more pissed.

Oh well. He gambled as well and lost.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:D

It was a one time only power - my guess is he was saving it for later in the game when there was a higher likelihood you'd get nailed - same thing you were doing with your protections

LOL

Was any of my scummates Irish? Cause we had some insane luck this game.

Also ...

Why are 2 MASTERS (Lily-Soprano & DPR-Fredo), trying to get themselves lyched???

That's beyond crazy.

Seriously. You guys had 2 important roles and you both tried to get yourselves killed.

Ultimately, that's what did the town in along with losing 2 power roles.

Think about this: The town loses 2 power roles and the 2 important Masters are concentrating more on suicide than getting scum.

Damn. Now I'm even more pissed.

Oh well. He gambled as well and lost.

I was hoping there was a backup doc, someone else.

It was a one-time power, and I wasn't sure who was going to be their target last night. I didn't want to waste it. Especially with the town in the hole we were in. I was hoping to be scummy enough today to collect some votes, out myself as a major power role, and then mirror myself. Didn't work out.

I was hoping there was a backup doc, someone else.

It was a one-time power, and I wasn't sure who was going to be their target last night. I didn't want to waste it. Especially with the town in the hole we were in. I was hoping to be scummy enough today to collect some votes, out myself as a major power role, and then mirror myself. Didn't work out.

Hey, it happens.

I was desperate to find my masters but had no luck. With the doc dead it was a gamble to not self protect, but I had to take the chance.

The thing is, if things had gotten worse I would have outed myself as the Avatar (knowing I had the protection in my back pocket) and then asked for the masters to reveal so I could find them.

I had a silencing power, too. I was gonna silence Fredo. I'd heard enough from him.

LOL. DPR was epic in 2 games.

He had the worst theories ever. Plus, he tried to get himself killed, despite being a really important character. Same as Lily.

It boggles the mind.

He had the worst theories ever. Plus, he tried to get himself killed, despite being a really important character. Same as Lily.

It boggles the mind.

I kind of hope we can get some of the DM'ers back here.

We thought Hess was Carlito with the way he was playing, Sorry Hess!!!

Damn...I didn't even get a chance to really be active. Once I was ready to start posting a lot, the town was in such a hole that I didn't want to upset that.

But Vic...man....friggin' great instincts. MVP for the mafia, for sure. I initially thought Lefty was the Avatar for some of the reasons we ended up with Snaps....but I would not have chosen Snaps....I deferred to Vic really being sure of his decision.

Poor town. :box:

And funny about Sonny - I was actually thinking that was a nutjob gambit and that Carlito was the Avatar, heh. That role was genius, Kiv.

I had a silencing power, too. I was gonna silence Fredo. I'd heard enough from him.

You did a damn good job killing Frank, though

It boggles the mind.

heh - look at their PMs again. They had no clue they were important to you.

That said, at one point, DPR PM'd me with "I really am out of my mind, aren't I". The problem, of course, is that if he were modding this game all those twists would actually have been there - and he keeps thinking I'm as creative as he is :biggrin:

That said, go look at the mafia QT. Know how they nailed the Avatar? None of the townies ever really pressured Snaps, even though he was somewhat vocal - and even though you all had talked in the sign up thread about how important it would be not to let the Avatar go unpressured, because it would be too easy to identify him (and then lynched your finder for suggesting the same thing on the game thread :biggrin:)

Aye..

Lynching the cop day 1 didn't help either..

SMC was oscar? Tell me, if I had claimed you were the third mason member would you have figured out what I was doing? Just curious

heh - look at their PMs again. They had no clue they were important to you.

That said, at one point, DPR PM'd me with "I really am out of my mind, aren't I". The problem, of course, is that if he were modding this game all those twists would actually have been there - and he keeps thinking I'm as creative as he is :biggrin:

Yeah, I know they were in the dark about that BUT if they see in their role "Aang's Master" common sense tells you it's important beyond just your own powers.

We scum really did have it too easy. The Cop offed himself, Vic got the doc night 1 (I love that you guys all thought it was pure dumb luck), and I was the only person to face any pressure, which was promptly forgotten as soon as Tony S showed up.

Aye..

SMC was oscar? Tell me, if I had claimed you were the third mason member would you have figured out what I was doing? Just curious

Yep, I would have.

I was thinking that as well when you mentioned the 3rd mason but didn't say who it was.

It would have ended up a battle of me & you vs. Carlito LOL.

I would have been saying, "I'm your partner!" and Carlito saying, "No, you're not!"

Aye..

That, btw, was my biggest :rl: moment of the game.

I'm reading the mafia QT, and they're like "well, we'll shoot at snaps tonight. And we can cross the 3 masons off the list, too" That play, along with Ace or SMC protecting that night, or DPR getting really lucky with the roleblock, were the town's only hope of surviving to day 3.

And then Carlito pulled the rug out from under you.

That, btw, was my biggest :rl: moment of the game.

I'm reading the mafia QT, and they're like "well, we'll shoot at snaps tonight. And we can cross the 3 masons off the list, too" That play, along with Ace or SMC protecting that night, or DPR getting really lucky with the roleblock, were the town's only hope of surviving to day 3.

And then Carlito pulled the rug out from under you.

hahahaha... I was so mad at first, he didn't even discuss in the qt thread, he came right to the game thread with his suspicions...

And funny about Sonny - I was actually thinking that was a nutjob gambit and that Carlito was the Avatar, heh. That role was genius, Kiv.

The funny thing about the 3rd bass post was the only reason I did it was to mess with CTM.. I had Sonny for day 1 and night 1 then he had him for day 2... I told him in our QT I was going to drop insanity on thread and enjoy watching him have to deal with it the next day.

It was only after yesterday where we thought playing up the insanity at night may be beneficial further down the line.

It boggles the mind.

On the contrary, I called the vote count on Day1 against Al:

Al Capone (11) - Carlito Brigante, Henry Hill, Tony Montana, Oscar 'Snaps' Provolone, Fredo Corleone, Nicky Santoro, Tommy Devito, Tony Soprano, John Rooney, Sonny LoSpecchio, Virgil Sollozo

Joe Cabot (2) - Frank Costello, Marcellus Wallace

Marcellus Wallace (1) - Ace Rothstein

Not Voting:

Lefty Ruggerio

Al Capone

Joe Cabot

Jimmy Conway

Vito Corleone

Michael Corleone

Remember when I said that they wouldn't vote early, like before the 6th vote or so?

I also told you not to run up the vote coiunt and out each other. I tried to be subtle about it at first, but then gave up and just said it outright.

having said that, it certainly wasn't my best game. But,I don't know if i can blame anyone outright - the mafia had the luck of the gods, and evidently Vic, on their side.

I did try to call Snaps out a couple of time, but I did it in a way that would invite others to do it - I didn't want to just start a train out of nowhere.

Last, the play really was to kill me and Tony S. After that, shutting the hell up and focusing on scum behavior would have helped.

Last, the play really was to kill me and Tony S. After that, shutting the hell up and focusing on scum behavior would have helped.

No, it never was.

The town was down 2 power roles. You don't then lynch 2 known townies. That's absurd. You scum hunt.

But guess what? That's what happened with the vote on Lefty.

You and Soprano were important and keeping you alive was in the town's best interest. Unfortunately, neither of you realized that.

If we weren't in such a hole, I had planned to sternly advocate a mass claim during the day 2 night phase and let pac fend that off :D

Dude, I was thinking that as well. I was going to call for a mass reveal.

I was hoping for a Spartacus moment though.

I'm the Avatar!

I'm the Avatar!

I'm the Avatar!

On the contrary, I called the vote count on Day1 against Al:

Al Capone (11) - Carlito Brigante, Henry Hill, Tony Montana, Oscar 'Snaps' Provolone, Fredo Corleone, Nicky Santoro, Tommy Devito, Tony Soprano, John Rooney, Sonny LoSpecchio, Virgil Sollozo

Joe Cabot (2) - Frank Costello, Marcellus Wallace

Marcellus Wallace (1) - Ace Rothstein

Not Voting:

Lefty Ruggerio

Al Capone

Joe Cabot

Jimmy Conway

Vito Corleone

Michael Corleone

Remember when I said that they wouldn't vote early, like before the 6th vote or so?

I also told you not to run up the vote coiunt and out each other. I tried to be subtle about it at first, but then gave up and just said it outright.

having said that, it certainly wasn't my best game. But,I don't know if i can blame anyone outright - the mafia had the luck of the gods, and evidently Vic, on their side.

I did try to call Snaps out a couple of time, but I did it in a way that would invite others to do it - I didn't want to just start a train out of nowhere.

That was the problem, I had some of the same thoughts of you, but it was hard to discuss openly for fear of tipping them off. Ideally I wanted to wait till day 4 or so and then match people's voting patterns against this wisdom.

1) not voting at early

2) not votign at all

3) voting quickly and strongly once someone was revealed as non avatar (it's safe to vote at that point)

In a game like this, losing the cop and doc on day 1 made it very difficult to win, that's really the bottom line. And by that point, i wassn't even able to post 1 time.. lol

No, it never was.

The town was down 2 power roles. You don't then lynch 2 known townies. That's absurd. You scum hunt.

But guess what? That's what happened with the vote on Lefty.

You and Soprano were important and keeping you alive was in the town's best interest. Unfortunately, neither of you realized that.

Doggin, maybe you can do a better job of explaining where I was coming from with this play?

Dude, I was thinking that as well. I was going to call for a mass reveal.

I was hoping for a Spartacus moment though.

I'm the Avatar!

I'm the Avatar!

I'm the Avatar!

Yeah, I was trying to figure out a doomsday-reveal plan as well, but never could get past the part where the Avatar got killed in the end. meh

Yeah, I was trying to figure out a doomsday-reveal plan as well, but never could get past the part where the Avatar got killed in the end. meh

This is where you lost sight of the importance of being a master.

Yes, you didn't know the exact significance, but the fact that it was mentioned in your PM role should have rang a bell.

My idea was for me to reveal as Avatar and then tell everyone about the Masters. Since Lily screwed us with Soprano, I was down to 2 masters.

I would tell the Masters to reveal so I can target one of them that night. I would also self protect. In that instance, the mafia would have a choice--target me as the Avatar or the other master.

Yeah, I know they were in the dark about that BUT if they see in their role "Aang's Master" common sense tells you it's important beyond just your own powers.

This is the reason that it's dangerous to mirror the theme - I had no background on the source material at all. I skimmed over the wiki, but that's like reading the Cliff Notes. I had no idea it was important - that and Doggin threatened to modkill anyone who even hinted at their character.

When I mod, I use themes, but wheterh or not you know the source material doesn't matter. It's just mafia dressed up in a different outfit fo flava.

I'll grant you, you can go a little deeper if you incoeporate the theme into the game, but it will always put some people at a disadvantage if they don't know it.

This is where you lost sight of the importance of being a master.

Yes, you didn't know the exact significance, but the fact that it was mentioned in your PM role should have rang a bell.

My idea was for me to reveal as Avatar and then tell everyone about the Masters. Since Lily screwed us with Soprano, I was down to 2 masters.

I would tell the Masters to reveal so I can target one of them that night. I would also self protect. In that instance, the mafia would have a choice--target me as the Avatar or the other master.

So the question is had we gotten the master you had targeted... would you have learned their power or not since we would've NK'd them?

This was a great set-up by doggin when you really look at the litany of possibilities.

This is the reason that it's dangerous to mirror the theme - I had no background on the source material at all. I skimmed over the wiki, but that's like reading the Cliff Notes. I had no idea it was important - that and Doggin threatened to modkill anyone who even hinted at their character.

When I mod, I use themes, but wheterh or not you know the source material doesn't matter. It's just mafia dressed up in a different outfit fo flava.

I'll grant you, you can go a little deeper if you incoeporate the theme into the game, but it will always put some people at a disadvantage if they don't know it.

That definitely a conundrum.

The last time I modded, I announced up front that I don't do flava so whatever I write on board or in PM roles has significance. This way, players won't dismiss things off hand.

But, again, I understand the dilemna.

Still, though, I just wish Lily/Soprano did off herself. That made no sense. I figured out she was a master and would have targetted her night 2. If so, I would have not been Night killed.

Archived