Doggin94it

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning . . . it's been a busy night. Stepping out to check the damage, you're greeted by an array of corpses.

Just outside the camp, Joe Cabot has collapsed in a crumpled heap.

300px-Chitsang.png

Chit Sang, a Miller, is dead

Just beyond him, Frank Costello lies with an arm outstretched, his other, metal arm melted beyond all recognition.

285651-6542-combustion-man_large.jpg

Combustion Man, member of the Fire Nation Mafia, is dead

Your celebration is short lived, though. Because all hope has been lost, and the battle is over.

aang%5B2%5D.jpg

Oscar 'Snaps' Provalone, the Avatar, is Dead.

The Fire Nation has won

First of all, congratulations to JiF (Frank), Vicious (Rooney), Verbal (Conway), Barm (Nicky) and AVM (Vito). You guys played a great game (especially Vicious, who identified the doc on Day 1 and put the town in a hole it never recovered from).

Also, congrats to Pac (1/2 of Sonny Corleone, and you'll see what that means in a bit), the mafia symp.

PMs and mod-thoughts coming up.

Town PMs

To SMC - Snaps

You are Aang, the Avatar.

aang%5B2%5D.jpg

All townies know who you are. If you are killed, the mafia wins. You win when the mafia is eliminated.

As the Avatar, it is your duty to master each of the 4 elements - air, water, earth and fire. As an airbender, you already mastered air. As a result, on two nights during the game, you can Airbend and avoid all actions targeting you. Simply PM me to let me know you want to use the ability; if you are not going to, please let me know that as well (so we don't hold night to the deadline waiting for you).

To learn water, earth and fire, on the other hand, you'll need to find a master. Three of the other players are teachers - one for each element. Each night, you will PM me a name to investigate, and if you find a teacher, you will gain new abilities.

To Crusher - Tony Montana

You are Appa, the Flying Bison (pure coincidence, I swear):

appa.jpg

Oscar 'Snaps' Provalone is the Avatar. If he is killed, the mafia wins. You win when the mafia is eliminated.

As the Flying Bison, you have the ability to rapidly transport the team from one location to another. You can do it so fast, in fact, that they can be in two places on any one day.

So . . . you have the ability to double the day - that is, to require a second lynch vote before the game goes to night. If you want to make it a two-lynch day, you must PM me before the first lynch is clinched; if I haven't received a PM from you by the time the final vote is cast, the Day will go directly into night as soon as I post the lynch scene.

To Aemon - Capone

You are Toph:

toph.jpg

Although you are blind, you've developed your Earthbending to the point that you can see almost everything about others based on the vibrations in the ground. Once each night, you may PM me the name of another player to investigate. I will tell you what nation - Air, Earth, Water or Fire - they are a member of. Be aware, not all Fire Nation members are mafia (though most are); also, not all mafia are Fire Nation (though, again, most are)

Oscar 'Snaps' Provalone is the Avatar. If he is killed, the mafia wins. You win when the mafia is eliminated.

To Pete - Marcellus

You are Katara:

221811-32269-katara_super.jpg

Although you're relatively new to Waterbending, you have the relatively rare ability to use Waterbending to heal. Each night, you may PM me one name to protect from the mafia.

To Hess - Devito

You are Sokka:

Abcdefg.jpg

As a young warrior, you've learned how to read the signs of others' passage across various terrain. Each night, you may PM me one name to track, and I will tell you where, if anywhere, they go that night.

Town, continued

To Brett - Michael

You are Jet:

jet.jpg

You lost both your parents in a Fire Nation raid when you were 8, and ever since, you've dedicated yourself to freeing the world from their tyranny - and you don't particularly care how many innocents have to die for that to happen. As the overeager vigilante, you must submit a NK at least once for every 2 night bloc (that is at least once for nights 1-2, once for nights 3-4, etc. It does not have to be every other night - you can kill nights 1 and 4, or 1 and 3, or 2 and 4, etc.). You may kill every night if you wish, but don't have to - so please PM me each night to let me know whether you'll be killing anyone, and if so, who.

Here are Aang's 3 masters

To Lily - Soprano

You are Jeong Jeong:

43710_1254885204918_full.jpg

You are a firebending master and former Fire Nation general who left the army in disgust at what it has become. As a firebender, twice during the game, you may firebend at night - when you do, you have a 50% chance of incinerating anyone who targets you with a NK and surviving the kill. You may not reveal as a firebender, though you may reveal that twice during the game, you will have a 50% chance of avoiding a NK and killing anyone targeting you.

To Nae - Virgil

You are Paku:

1714fc63-d76a-4924-8b6c-0cdb95f1ae06

You are a waterbending master. Twice during the game, you may use your waterbending to freeze any other player, silencing them for the next day. You may not reveal as a waterbender (though you may reveal your silencing power).

To DPR - Fredo

You are Bumi:

336297-85020-king-bumi_large.jpg

You are an earthbending master. Twice during the game, you may use your earthbending to roleblock any other player. You may not reveal as an earthbender; however, you may reveal as a roleblocker.

BTW, I gambled and lost last night.

Great shot, scum.

BUT, the town was your best friend so I couldn't give you much credit.

I'm glad this game is over. It's incredibly frustrating reading through this thread at 10 posts per page.

I feel so redeemed from last game. I was pushing your lynch pretty early on after we nailed the doc. Props to my scum mates for just going with my gut on night 1 and last night.

Town, continued:

To Sharrow - Lefty

You are Haru, a roleless townie:

128-mediumHaru.jpg

To BG - Henry Hill (replaced by Pete after Marcellus died and BG had to leave)

You are Suki, a roleless townie:

Suki-avatar-the-last-airbender-9367713-300-388.jpg

To Shutout - Cabot

You are Chit Sang, a Miller:

300px-Chitsang.png

Oscar 'Snaps' Provalone is the Avatar. If he is killed, the mafia wins. You win when the mafia is eliminated. If viewed by the finder, you will be revealed as Fire Nation.

To Slats - Ace

You are the Mechanist, an inventor:

300px-Mechanist.png

As an inventor, you have created a few machines that you can use. You have a one time ability to mirror any player (any action targeting that player will bounce back on its user), one time ability to silence any other player on the next game day, one time ability to investigate someone and determine what nation they are a part of (be aware, not all the mafia are Fire Nation, though most are, and not all Fire Nation are mafia, though most are), and a two time ability to kill any other player. You can use one or more of your abilities, or none, on any night of the game - so please PM me each night to let me know what you will do, even if it's "No Action", so I don't hold the night waiting for you.

I feel so redeemed from last game. I was pushing your lynch pretty early on after we nailed the doc. Props to my scum mates for just going with my gut on night 1 and last night.

Fantastic play, Vicious.

Note, you can't play the "I'm an idiot I suck at mafia" role any more.

I had a chance to self protect and I didn't. I gambled and lost. That self protect were important and I was saving them.

Final town PMs and Symp PM:

To Smashmouth - Carlito

You are Iroh:

Iroh.jpg

A former Fire Nation general and brother of the Fire Lord, you have come to realize the mistakes of the Fire Nation and seek to restore its honor, hopefully through your nephew, Zuko. You are well aware that Zuko has both good impulses and bad ones, and you hope to steer him to the light. You may communicate with Zuko (Sonny LoSpecchio) on this quicktopic http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/AA83RKqrycK - all other communication MUST be in the game thread. You may not PM him. If he is targeted for a NK, you will die in his place.

(Note the bold - this is what sent Smash off down the wrong but right trail. He was wrong about his mason partner . . . but half right about Sonny)

Here's the reason we were using the Alts - this role, for Sonny LoSpecchio

To CTM

You are Prince Zuko's good side:

zuko112.jpg

Oscar 'Snaps' Provalone is the Avatar. If he is killed, the mafia wins. The town wins when the mafia is eliminated.

This is my favorite role in the game, so I hope you enjoy it.

In the series, Prince Zuko goes from the main antagonist, chasing the Avatar across the globe hoping to capture him and win back his father's love, to a protagonist, helping the Avatar defeat his father the Fire Lord and save the world. Throughout, he fights an internal battle between his negative impulses and his positive ones.

So . . . you will be sharing your Alt account with Pac, controlling your Alt on alternate days. You are Zuko's good side - a survivor who wins with the town. Pac is Zuko's bad side - a survivor who wins with the mafia. If you are killed before the town or mafia win - you both lose. Since Zuko started out bad, Pac will have control of Zuko for Day 1 and Night 1; you will take over for Day 2 and Night 2, and so on. You and Pac can communicate and coordinate on this quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/hdJmRphEhpc to help you stay alive. Remember, he does not know who the Avatar is, so don't let it slip.

You have one other advantage Pac doesn't - you are mason teammates with your uncle Iroh (Carlito Brigante). You can communicate with him on this quick topic: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/AA83RKqrycK You may not tell Iroh, or anyone else, about your split personality.

Your Alt user name is: Sonny LoSpecchio

To Pac - sent

You are Prince Zuko's bad side:

zuko.jpg

This is my favorite role in the game, so I hope you enjoy it.

In the series, Prince Zuko goes from the main antagonist, chasing the Avatar across the globe hoping to capture him and win back his father's love, to a protagonist, helping the Avatar defeat his father the Fire Lord and save the world. Throughout, he fights an internal battle between his negative impulses and his positive ones.

So . . . you will be sharing your Alt account with CTM, controlling your Alt on alternate days. CTM is Zuko's good side - a survivor who wins with the town. You are Zuko's bad side - a survivor who wins with the mafia. If you are killed before the town or mafia win - you both lose. Since Zuko started out bad, you will have control of Zuko for Day 1 and Night 1; CTM will take over for Day 2 and Night 2, and so on. You may not reveal your split personality to anyone.

The mafia is Jimmy Conway, Nicky Santoro, Vito Corleone, John Rooney and Frank Costello.

You and CTMc can communicate and coordinate on this quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/hdJmRphEhpc to help you stay alive. Remember, he does not know who the Mafia is, so don't let it slip.

Your Alt user name is: Sonny LoSpecchio

Wow, it feels great to be back to being me.

Incidently, Doggin, fantastic game but it's a serious flaw having a 1 time win condition and only having a doctor in the game.

Fantastic play, Vicious.

Note, you can't play the "I'm an idiot I suck at mafia" role any more.

I had a chance to self protect and I didn't. I gambled and lost. That self protect were important and I was saving them.

We were just debating in our QT about there HAVING to be another protection for the Avatar and possibly changing our strategy to just outnumber you guys.

Thanks.

And the scum PMs:

To Verbal - ConwayYou are a Dai Li agent - a member of the mafia who will be viewed as a member of the Earth Kingdom (essentially, a Godfather):

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/File:Dai_li_001.png/

The other mafia members are Nicky Santoro, Vito Corleone, John Rooney and Frank Costello. All team communication must occur on this quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/VvDWeSRACyPrF

Each night, one member of the mafia must PM me the name of the NK. You win when you equal or outnumber the town, OR when you kill the Avatar.

To Barm - NickyYou are Fire Lord Ozai - a member of the mafia:

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q319/harlequinde/Character%20Profiles/011.jpg

The other mafia members are Jimmy Conway, Vito Corleone, John Rooney and Frank Costello. All team communication must occur on this quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/VvDWeSRACyPrF

Each night, one member of the mafia must PM me the name of the NK. You win when you equal or outnumber the town, OR when you kill the Avatar.

To AVM - Vito

You are Azula - a member of the mafia:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd181/nicaboy456/Azula_Wallpaper.png

The other mafia members are Jimmy Conway, Nicky Santoro, John Rooney and Frank Costello. All team communication must occur on this quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/VvDWeSRACyPrF

To Vicious - Rooney

You are Commander Zhao - a member of the mafia:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/avatar/images/thumb/1/1a/Commander_Zhao_Southern_Air_Temple.png/300px-Commander_Zhao_Southern_Air_Temple.png

The other mafia members are Jimmy Conway, Nicky Santoro, Vito Corleone and Frank Costello. All team communication must occur on this quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/VvDWeSRACyPrF

To JiF - sentYou are Combustion Man - a member of the mafia:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/10978/285651-6542-combustion-man_large.jpg

The other mafia members are Jimmy Conway, Nicky Santoro, Vito Corleone and John Rooney. All team communication must occur on this quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/VvDWeSRACyPrF

And the QT links, which were a lot of fun to read:

Scum: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/VvDWeSRACyPrF

Masons: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/AA83RKqrycK

Zuko and Zuko: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/hdJmRphEhpc

We were just debating in our QT about there HAVING to be another protection for the Avatar and possibly changing our strategy to just outnumber you guys.

Thanks.

Yeah, I took a chance that there was other protection (unfortunately, there wasn't).

That's the nature of the game. If I knew that there was no other protection out there I would have self protected.

Incidently, I thought there was a Sirlancemelhot role out there where a player can deflect any action against someone (like in the JN/JI game).

I hoped that person would target me, in that way if I was targetted the night action would be deflected away.

Wow, it feels great to be back to being me.

Incidently, Doggin, fantastic game but it's a serious flaw having a 1 time win condition and only having a doctor in the game.

Yeah, except if the doctor lives even two or 3 days (which you'd typically expect), the balance swings too far the other way. Here's why:

Doc protects the avatar 3 days.

Then, if you found your masters, you would have potentially earned another 6 days of protection.

Water would have gained you the ability to form a mirror of ice on 2 days, reflecting back all night actions (so if you were attacked, you'd survive and your assailant would have died).

Earth would have gained you Earth Armor - you can protect yourself two nights, but if you do, you are silenced the next day

Fire would have gained you Lily's ability - a two shot, 50% chance of avoiding a NK and killing your attacker.

That's a minimum of 3 nights of protection, and a maximum of 11. If I put in a backup doctor, you'd essentially be unkillable, and the extra win condition would be null.

Also, Ace played a good game, but one thing I think was a mistake was not mirroring you last night. At worst, he wastes it - but with the doc dead, if I were him, I'd have made sure you were protected for at least one more night.

Yeah, I took a chance that there was other protection (unfortunately, there wasn't).

That's the nature of the game. If I knew that there was no other protection out there I would have self protected.

Incidently, I thought there was a Sirlancemelhot role out there where a player can deflect any action against someone (like in the JN/JI game).

I hoped that person would target me, in that way if I was targetted the night action would be deflected away.

This was just a game where everything fell the scums way. Last game it felt quite the opposite, even though we remained in it forever, we just couldn't get anything. This game with Al giving himself up, us picking the doc out, and then finding you... I was almost expecting something to go wrong at some point.

Yay, I get to mod a game now. Hopefully it's not an epic fail.

Yay, I get to mod a game now. Hopefully it's not an epic fail.

Start that thing up ASAP.. I've been unable to post in this one for a week.. Very frustrating to not be able to chime in.

Plus, as the Avatar I had to search out for my masters each night. I chose Montana Night 1.

I planned to chose Soprano Night 2. If I found a master I would have gained extra power. With Soprano dead I had to chose someone else. I chose Ace. Didn't work out.

There was :biggrin:

The town really spit the bit on this one. It's understandable - for the mafia, it was a normal game with an extra win condition (stay alive, kill townies, and even if you don't kill the avatar, you can win).

For the town, it was a whole new ball game - nobody's played "protect the king" before - so it was like a town composed entirely of newbs going up against a veteran mafia team.

That said, go look at the mafia QT. Know how they nailed the Avatar? None of the townies ever really pressured Snaps, even though he was somewhat vocal - and even though you all had talked in the sign up thread about how important it would be not to let the Avatar go unpressured, because it would be too easy to identify him (and then lynched your finder for suggesting the same thing on the game thread :biggrin:)

Also, Ace played a good game, but one thing I think was a mistake was not mirroring you last night. At worst, he wastes it - but with the doc dead, if I were him, I'd have made sure you were protected for at least one more night.

WTF?????????????

That's what I was hoping for!

Ace, why didn't you do that?

WTF?????????????

That's what I was hoping for!

Ace, why didn't you do that?

:D

It was a one time only power - my guess is he was saving it for later in the game when there was a higher likelihood you'd get nailed - same thing you were doing with your protections

There was :biggrin:

The town really spit the bit on this one. It's understandable - for the mafia, it was a normal game with an extra win condition (stay alive, kill townies, and even if you don't kill the avatar, you can win).

For the town, it was a whole new ball game - nobody's played "protect the king" before - so it was like a town composed entirely of newbs going up against a veteran mafia team.

That said, go look at the mafia QT. Know how they nailed the Avatar? None of the townies ever really pressured Snaps, even though he was somewhat vocal - and even though you all had talked in the sign up thread about how important it would be not to let the Avatar go unpressured, because it would be too easy to identify him (and then lynched your finder for suggesting the same thing on the game thread :biggrin:)

Yup. It was between Snaps and Tommy for those two reasons.

Archived