Steelers / Bengals game

StillerPaul

How many of you guys get to watch the Steelers vs. Bengals sunday? I'm really looking forward to this one! I see this game coming down to 2 fine young QB's battling it out and i see many more of these type of games in the future. Their first real division pressure will be riding on both their shoulders.

=D>

By 4pm sunday we should know alot more about Ben and Carson IMO. How do you guys rate this game? Who wins it?

Up here in Boston CBS is giving us Chargers/Eagles. I would much rather watch the Steelers game.

I think the Bungles are suspect. But without Big Ben Pittsburgh may drop this one.

Hey, all the better for the Pats I guess.

Is Ward playing? If he does, Pittsburgh will lay the physical smack-down on Cincy

Hines is still listed as questionable but he says he feels much better than last week. And fear not, my fellow Ben supporters, he's playing. FWIW, Tommy will be the emergency #3 and not be allowed near the field. =D>:D

This should be a real acid test for the Bengals.

If they win I think alot of the non believers become believers.

Alot is going to depend on the health of Ward and Big Ben. If both are healthy then the Steelers should win.

I think though in Cincy with a crowd that is going to be amped to the nines the Bengals take a BIG step in showing the world they are for real.

Ya know Shawn i gotta admit that it's really odd watchin' the bengals get all the hype. They surely deserve to be the media darlings though. The Bengals fans should actually outnumber the Steelers fans this year. That hasn't been the case the last 10-15 years believe it or not.

As far as the Steelers go, does every week have to be like playoff atmosphere? These last 4 weeks have been wild. First it was the re-match with the Pats, then came a monday nighter at San Diego, then we get the Jags, now we go on the road to play a 5-1 Bengal team. I can't wait til' the end of the year when we get the Pack, Lions, Vikes and Bears. I'll need a break by then. :lol:

Ya know Shawn i gotta admit that it's really odd watchin' the bengals get all the hype. They surely deserve to be the media darlings though. The Bengals fans should actually outnumber the Steelers fans this year. That hasn't been the case the last 10-15 years believe it or not.

As far as the Steelers go, does every week have to be like playoff atmosphere? These last 4 weeks have been wild. First it was the re-match with the Pats, then came a monday nighter at San Diego, then we get the Jags, now we go on the road to play a 5-1 Bengal team. I can't wait til' the end of the year when we get the Pack, Lions, Vikes and Bears. I'll need a break by then. :lol:

Still early but this is a big game for the Steelers-if they lose they fall 2.5 games behind the Bengals-and actually 3.5 games since they would have lost to them

Still early but this is a big game for the Steelers-if they lose they fall 2.5 games behind the Bengals-and actually 3.5 games since they would have lost to them

I agree that there's more pressure on the Steelers than Bengals this week. Marvin Lewis will have his team loose and ready. To be honest with ya, i'm sooooooooooo relieved that Ben is back and healthy. I have seen the darkside of losing that guy and it ain't pretty.

That's what happens when your team starts to emerge from a 15 year drought.

Everyone there is going the be fired up beyond belief. That crowd Sunday will probably be as loud if not louder then they were in 88 AFC Championship against Buffalo.

The Bengals are a young and hungry team looking to put behind an ugly past. The Steelers are going to have their work really cut out for them.

This should be a great football game, best one of the upcoming weekend.

This game will really tell where the Bengals are.

I still think the Steelers come away with a W.

Tx, what i really wanna see most is a Ben / Carson shootout. But Lewis and Cowher are both ex DC's. The Steelers are injury depleted in the secondary too. I think the Bengal's weakness is a soft front 7. I think Cowher and Whiz will try to pound Parker and the Bus alot the first half.

Big Ben's game:

Handoff to Bettis

Handoff to Parker

Handoff to Staley

Throw a 10 yard pass to Ward / Randle El / Miller

Do it all over again!

You really don't get to watch many Steelers games, do you? Rather than tell you how good Ben is and what he means to my team, i'll just refer you to the channel he and the Steelers are on this sunday. If you still think that thats how it goes, then you may never know what it's like to see a franchise QB. :mrgreen:

Tx, what i really wanna see most is a Ben / Carson shootout. But Lewis and Cowher are both ex DC's. The Steelers are injury depleted in the secondary too. I think the Bengal's weakness is a soft front 7. I think Cowher and Whiz will try to pound Parker and the Bus alot the first half.

You want a shoot out? If Cincy's line can hold off Blitzburg - Carson Plamer will shred the Pitt secondary. Are you nuts? Benji might be good, but he's no Carson Palmer. Pitt will win if they pound the ball down Cincy throat. Cowher is correct.

I don't care which team wins. As long as my Pats -if they make the playoff's - play Pittsburgh instead of Cincy, I'm good. I know the Pats can beat Pitt. Cincy would be a tough match-up personnel and scheme-wise.

How many of you guys get to watch the Steelers vs. Bengals sunday? I'm really looking forward to this one! I see this game coming down to 2 fine young QB's battling it out and i see many more of these type of games in the future. Their first real division pressure will be riding on both their shoulders.

=D>

By 4pm sunday we should know alot more about Ben and Carson IMO. How do you guys rate this game? Who wins it?

Ben Roethlisberger was the best QB prospect I'd seen come up since John Elway....until Carson Palmer. Both are tremendous players. I pick the Bengals to get their monkey off their back and win what the media will perceive to be a "meaningful" game. This is a team that wants to make a statement that they are 5-1 for a reason and it is NOT a weak schedule, nor do they want Pittsburgh to be given a bigger window to win the AFC North.

The Bengals young defense has never played as well as they are right now in franchise history, so you can't lose sight of their ability to hold down the Steeler running game. Odell Thurman is a shoe-in for the DROY award if he continues to perform as he has been, and guys like Deltha O'Neal, Madeiu Williams, Robert Geathers, Landon Johnson and co. are playing up to their respective potential. 90 % of this team is made up of Bengals Marvin Lewis has drafted or signed and developed.

The Steeler D is clearly weakened from last season. James Farrior is still a beast, but it seems like teams are moving the ball well on them this year. It will be very interesting to see how the Steelers cope if they can't keep the Johnson's (Chad, Rudi, Jeremi) in check.

Ben Roethlisberger was the best QB prospect I'd seen come up since John Elway....until Carson Palmer. Both are tremendous players. I pick the Bengals to get their monkey off their back and win what the media will perceive to be a "meaningful" game. This is a team that wants to make a statement that they are 5-1 for a reason and it is NOT a weak schedule, nor do they want Pittsburgh to be given a bigger window to win the AFC North.

The Bengals young defense has never played as well as they are right now in franchise history, so you can't lose sight of their ability to hold down the Steeler running game. Odell Thurman is a shoe-in for the DROY award if he continues to perform as he has been, and guys like Deltha O'Neal, Madeiu Williams, Robert Geathers, Landon Johnson and co. are playing up to their respective potential. 90 % of this team is made up of Bengals Marvin Lewis has drafted or signed and developed.

The Steeler D is clearly weakened from last season. James Farrior is still a beast, but it seems like teams are moving the ball well on them this year. It will be very interesting to see how the Steelers cope if they can't keep the Johnson's (Chad, Rudi, Jeremi) in check.

Very good post, except that Carson came into the league before Ben. When i say i want a shootout, i mean i expect it to be close and want the ball in Ben's hands last. Yea the Pats did a great job of making him look human, just like they do with Manning. But the Bengals are not the Pats. Their front 7 is significantly weaker than that of the Pats or Chargers IMO.

Back onto Ben vs. Carson. Whodda thunk that they'd be number 1 and 2 in QB rating so far? :shock:

124 Roethlisberger is great, there is no denying that, have you seen him play? Tough as nails and can elude the the rush like few other. What I'd give for him right now with our turn style o-line.

Roethlisberger would do well if we gave Curtis & Houston the rock 40 times and let him pass 15-20 times and 75% of those 0-10 yard passes.

Roethlisberger is far from great in my mind. He stilll hasn't proven anything to me.

When "Big Ben" goes out there and has a 35 attempt game, completing 25 of them and having 4-5 TD's thrown, sh*t, I'll come here and eat servings of crow for a year, but until he has to throw more then 20 times a game and actually plays well, nah, I'm sitting here watching this fluke hand the ball off to Parker, Bettis & Staley.

Roethlisberger would do well if we gave Curtis & Houston the rock 40 times and let him pass 15-20 times and 75% of those 0-10 yard passes.

Roethlisberger is far from great in my mind. He stilll hasn't proven anything to me.

When "Big Ben" goes out there and has a 35 attempt game, completing 25 of them and having 4-5 TD's thrown, Sh#t, I'll come here and eat servings of crow for a year, but until he has to throw more then 20 times a game and actually plays well, nah, I'm sitting here watching this fluke hand the ball off to Parker, Bettis & Staley.

This is what i don't get about your argument. Ben hardly ever throws a quick out or slant in the 0-10 yard area. Thats what leads me to believe that ya haven't seen many Steelers games. It's hard for me to debate the number of passes he throws because thats just the system he plays in, period. But i'll say this. Ben is very good at seeing the field and he has thrown plenty of downfield passes. In fact, every game he's played in he's completed at least a 30 yard pass i believe.

Does he struggle at times? YES

Does he make young QB mistakes at times? Yes (Not very often though).

But the kid can air it out with the best of em'. He's very accurate with his deep throws too.

Here's one of his drives: 3 plays (all passes) 71 yards covered, 1 minute 11 seconds off the clock. 18 yard TD pass to Heath Miller on the 3rd play. This was the monday nighter against the Chargers, just after they had taken the lead late in the 3rd quarter.

I'm not taking anything away from Carson Palmer either. That guy can flat out throw the rock! But here's a question for ya: Which of the 2 QB's has been more apt to throw INT's?? Yea, Ben throws less, but no one can hide behind those facts.

And, for the record, the Steelers running game has been stagnant since the Pats game (look that up too). Bens numbers are consistent though.

Steelers take this one. Ward is playing, Ben is playing. The Steelers are too physical and just don't make many mistakes when their guys are in the game.

Bengals are improved. Just not ready for primetime just yet.

Archived