PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

Just an fyi on the edit.. I read brett's post and it was almost word for word what i received from DPR. I figured he would be modkilled based on dpr's opening post saying he liked modkilling people, or something, so i reacted rashly without thinking to try and spare people's pm's becomming a topic of conversation.

I also didnt' unvote brett cause I didn't want to make it seem like i knew he was innocent until it came back up again later.

The whole thing was a stupid mistake on my part and I apoligized to DPR.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One word of advice I would pass on to future mods - if you ever give a team an option like the Predator Attacks, go ahead and quit your job. I felt terrible about not having the time to do as many as the mafia team wanted. But, the attacks I could do were a blast.

GG town, few thoughts from me..

1) I gotta start being around more on weekends, I went from excitement, to stunned with Crush's lynch, to relieved in just a few minutes here :P

2) Dan -- I'm sorry. I don't know what made me think throwing out my suspicions of you was a good idea, and I'm sorry for a boneheaded move.

3) Vic alluded to it in the dead thread, and I've gotta stop being swayed. Biggest example is Pac, who I just walked straight away from. Didn't feel good about him and let his explanation change my view. Too afraid to lynch the town powers that I've done when pursuing strong in the past, and I gotta get over that.

4) With that said, Pac(for convincing me and lasting so long), I28(you're a crazy SOB, brother :P), rest of the scum team -- great game. Also to JiF, great game. Oh and thanks for putting an end to it, Lils ;)

5) I wanna apologize again for being as active as a rock at the bottom of the ocean this game. Feel like I was disrespectful to DPR (who I'll get to next), and harming my teammates who quite frankly I don't understand how I didn't get lynched :P I felt like I looked horrible, absolutely horrible (and this is the second game in a row I felt like I looked scummy).

6) Lastly -- DPR my man, I felt like it was a story the whole time, not just a game. The scenes were awesome and totally set the mood at times. Can't wait to hear the specifics on how the scum attacks worked and such (I skimmed through the first half or so of their QT, but figured I'd finish up later, heh)

GG to all, sorry I've dropped the ball a couple times in a row here. Learned a bit more though, I think. Time for a game-play change on my part :D

Lol jesus christ my name must have come up like 20 times about how several of you wanted me dead.

Soft claiming weapons was my intention for a while there. Runin's fiasco easily narrowed down who may or may not have equipment. I was hoping to not make it so obvious to you guys.

Oh yeah...and sorry I switched the lynch over to you :P my bad...haha

Just read (most) of the scum thread ... great playing, guys! You caught some really, really bad luck. Also Hess is one of the funniest guys ever. Well done Hess, Pac, I28, and Nae. :D

And Bleedin' ... j/k, hehe. You just do too good of a job blending in. :P

GG town, few thoughts from me..

1) I gotta start being around more on weekends, I went from excitement, to stunned with Crush's lynch, to relieved in just a few minutes here :P

2) Dan -- I'm sorry. I don't know what made me think throwing out my suspicions of you was a good idea, and I'm sorry for a boneheaded move.

3) Vic alluded to it in the dead thread, and I've gotta stop being swayed. Biggest example is Pac, who I just walked straight away from. Didn't feel good about him and let his explanation change my view. Too afraid to lynch the town powers that I've done when pursuing strong in the past, and I gotta get over that.

4) With that said, Pac(for convincing me and lasting so long), I28(you're a crazy SOB, brother :P), rest of the scum team -- great game. Also to JiF, great game. Oh and thanks for putting an end to it, Lils ;)

5) I wanna apologize again for being as active as a rock at the bottom of the ocean this game. Feel like I was disrespectful to DPR (who I'll get to next), and harming my teammates who quite frankly I don't understand how I didn't get lynched :P I felt like I looked horrible, absolutely horrible (and this is the second game in a row I felt like I looked scummy).

6) Lastly -- DPR my man, I felt like it was a story the whole time, not just a game. The scenes were awesome and totally set the mood at times. Can't wait to hear the specifics on how the scum attacks worked and such (I skimmed through the first half or so of their QT, but figured I'd finish up later, heh)

GG to all, sorry I've dropped the ball a couple times in a row here. Learned a bit more though, I think. Time for a game-play change on my part :D

I don't know what you're apologizing to me for, so don't worry, if you did anything I don't remember it. :P You're a much better player than you give yourself credit for!

I can't get over what awful luck it was for scum that I got back to the thread in time. I was at work, debating whether or not to come home before heading to some meetings. Then I remembered I had some leftover pizza I wanted to eat - that's literally why I came back when I did. I checked the thread while my pizza was in the microwave, then got so caught up I barely ate any of it.

If I had a weapon I might've done it too :P

LOL.

I mentioned this before. Bleedin was my No. 1 choice for the NK but I didn't want to think it was personal since he was pursuing a case against me. So I did a Random.org list of all 13 names and had it generate 5 names for possible scum.

I did it 3 times and Bleedin came up scum in all 3.

The first 1 I did this was the results:

1. Bleedin

2. I28

3. Adella

4. Brett

5. Nae

LOL!

Soft claiming weapons was my intention for a while there. Runin's fiasco easily narrowed down who may or may not have equipment. I was hoping to not make it so obvious to you guys.

That was a good move. It confused the hell out of me, though, because I kept wondering if you were the other person who shot Vicious, the way you kept talking. But then I figured you were probably doing it as scum to keep messing with me or out the real townie killer. Sorry again for hammering. :love0038:

Any chance I can get in the mod queue? I know it's informal and all that. I was torn between two game concepts, but one of mine is a bit too much like this one was. I hate copying....lol. I have had the idea since December, but still....

I'm thinking a game based on the board game Clue. It should be fun. For those of you (Pete, Nae, and Adella) who played in my Mall game at DM, it's the same concept, revamped and with new roles. Make that different roles, although there will probably be some original ones there, too. No flying pumpins, though, Slats! ;)

No sorry at all. That was a great move.

I lived and killed Bleedin Green.

Good. It was ALL intentional :D

I don't know what you're apologizing to me for, so don't worry, if you did anything I don't remember it. :P You're a much better player than you give yourself credit for!

I can't get over what awful luck it was for scum that I got back to the thread in time. I was at work, debating whether or not to come home before heading to some meetings. Then I remembered I had some leftover pizza I wanted to eat - that's literally why I came back when I did. I checked the thread while my pizza was in the microwave, then got so caught up I barely ate any of it.

Haha, I at one point said I originally thought you were scum, but was more leaning towards you having one of the weapons. You got a little defensive and scum picked up on it from what I read in the QT.

And SMC...that's awesome hahaha

No sorry at all. That was a great move.

I lived and killed Bleedin Green.

I had to laugh at the way we both hit bleedin.

Not only did they miss on me 3 times while we both hit bleedin, but I felt really stupid for the whole "2 vigs is ridiculous" since he was simultaneously killed in such a manner

LOL.

I mentioned this before. Bleedin was my No. 1 choice for the NK but I didn't want to think it was personal since he was pursuing a case against me. So I did a Random.org list of all 13 names and had it generate 5 names for possible scum.

1. Bleedin

2. I28

3. Adella

4. Brett

5. Nae

LOL!

My thought process was a bit less methodical. I just had a hunch...

When I saw I was on a Predator team with all of Pac, I28 and Hess I just laughed my ass off. That was quite a unique combination of retards we had there (myself included). I felt like Nae was our babysitter.

Great game by all. Our frustration got the best of us and we went nuts, it completely blew up in our faces and you guys did a great job of cleaning up what was left of us. The worst part is that DPR actually kind of made it clear in the game thread that I was the one SMC had killed but the rest of them didn't believe it was me. I was ready to go on an all out crazy attack spree of everyone in the game, but we didn't want to risk losing two of our scum team in one shot like that. Of course within hours of my death we lost I28 and Nae... whoops. Of course the two guys on our team catching the most heat were the ones to survive and the one guy who a moment earlier seemed in the clear for the rest of the game went down (although as you'll see in the scum thread, I kind of saw that coming).

In the end, AMAZING game setup by DPR and good game by all.

LOL.

1. Bleedin

2. I28

3. Adella

4. Brett

5. Nae

LOL!

Say what you want, I know you just killed me because of what I said about your Thing game. :-P

Just read (most) of the scum thread ... great playing, guys! You caught some really, really bad luck. Also Hess is one of the funniest guys ever. Well done Hess, Pac, I28, and Nae. :D

And Bleedin' ... j/k, hehe. You just do too good of a job blending in. :P

That's fine... it's not like I have feelings or anything.

There's a person behind this screenname, Dan. Maybe you should remember that in the future.

Say what you want, I know you just killed me because of what I said about your Thing game. :-P

LOL. Dead honest truth, absolutely not.

Mainly, it was because you voted for me out of the blue and then kept your vote on me when everyone unvoted. That made no sense to me.

Your case was: "Well CTM and SMC had an argument, so I'm voting SMC." Then, later on, "I got nothing else to say, I'm happy with my vote."

WTF?

That's fine... it's not like I have feelings or anything.

There's a person behind this screenname, Dan. Maybe you should remember that in the future.

Hehe, Bleedin, you know you have a special place in my heart. I'll always think you're the coolest for modding a Star Wars game. :)

LOL. Dead honest truth, absolutely not.

Mainly, it was because you voted for me out of the blue and then kept your vote on me when everyone unvoted. That made no sense to me.

Your case was: "Well CTM and SMC had an argument, so I'm voting SMC." Then, later on, "I got nothing else to say, I'm happy with my vote."

WTF?

Nah, that couldn't have been it.

Honestly, I felt bad because work kept me from helping out my team as much as I would've liked. You'll see if you look at the scum thread a number of instances of my teammates asking where the hell I was. I felt really bad about that and was all set to start contributing much more thanks to freeing up some work time, and then you had to go and kill me. Although honestly at the time, I don't remember what the competing case was but it was one that I figured I wouldn't have been overly convinced of if I was town anyway, I didn't want to do a lot of train jumping and had no time to come up with something better myself, so I figured I was best off just riding it out with you. Perhaps that was a mistake. :biggrin:

Hehe, Bleedin, you know you have a special place in my heart. I'll always think you're the coolest for modding a Star Wars game. :)

I don't know if I can forgive you Dan for failing to hammer Hess on Friday night after I told you:

"Let's blow this thing and go home."

Honestly, if I hadn't had a vig kill, we would have lynched him the next day, anyway. We girls all knew he was scum. Sexy, but scum, nonetheless. ;-)

SMC wouldn't have let you lynch me. He was my guardian angle the last few days.

I don't know if I can forgive you Dan for failing to hammer Hess on Friday night after I told you:

"Let's blow this thing and go home."

Haha!! I should know by now to listen to the guy who is awesome enough to make both Star Wars and Star Trek references on a regular basis.

LOL.

Nah, dude, I would have negotiated you away during the next round. Once there were no more confirmed (thanks to the Crusher lynch) all the confirmed were up for grabs.

Seriously. The next day would have come down between voting you or AVM.

Luckily the game ended when it did though. I would have HATED waiting for Brett and Adella to cast their votes on Wednesday.

Now I have to come up with a cool enough theme to match that for my next modding session. Although I'll say it right now, when I mod again, I will slaughter anyone who even makes an insinuation to the information contained in their PM. It was a problem in my last game for sure and seems to keep coming up. You know I love all of you guys, but I'm not sure what the point of the game is if people are going to do that. So next time I mod it's either death or I'm going to start sending the exact wording of the townie PMs to the scum and laugh my ass off watching while you all confirm each other as innocent. :biggrin:

LOL.

Nah, dude, I would have negotiated you away during the next round. Once there were no more confirmed (thanks to the Crusher lynch) all the confirmed were up for grabs.

Seriously. The next day would have come down between voting you or AVM.

Luckily the game ended when it did though. I would have HATED waiting for Brett and Adella to cast their votes on Wednesday.

The last couple days I knew we had no chance.. if you ever read that monstrosity that is our QT you'll see how the game was stacked against...

I'm still bitter because the people that think they figured me out don't know that I was forced into playing the way I did.. I don't have the energy to explain it all. bah... at least CTM and Dan were killed... I will sleep well knowing I keeeled them :D

You ever try to stop three women on a mission? He's not that stupid! :biggrin:

Wes, I don't think I thanked you for a great game, yet. And thanks for making me look so good in that scene. ;-)

if you ever read that monstrosity that is our QT you'll see how the game was stacked against...

I skimmed it. I laughed when I-28 called his chest beating an act at one point, then when he was killed referred to himself as the Predators' MVP, and told you guys you better give him some post game love.

Where is it? :mrgreen:

Archived