USC hit hard by NCAA sanctions

Jetfan13

Guess Pete Carroll knew when to skip town:

The NCAA has ruled that the University of Southern California athletic department exhibited a lack of institutional control from 2004 to 2009 for a wide array of rules violations committed in its football, men

Half of this doesnt even make an impact. Take games away that they already won? Bush no longer associated with the school? Dude's a saint now not a trojan. I wonder what Pete Carroll is thinkin right now. lol.

Seattle+Seahawks+Introduce+Pete+Carroll+Press+sFQEEbT0Hqdl.jpg

"I got out at the right time."

Random thought....do you Goodell goes after Bush and Carroll through suspensions or fines from the NFL for this? I mean essentially those two do not feel the wrath of the punishment that the NCAA gave USC. But what about having them serve a 2 game fine each and have those game checks donated to pay USC the kids' scholarships that they lost. I dunno if it sounds too crazy, but he's got to punish those two for their wrong doing

Random thought....do you Goodell goes after Bush and Carroll through suspensions or fines from the NFL for this? I mean essentially those two do not feel the wrath of the punishment that the NCAA gave USC. But what about having them serve a 2 game fine each and have those game checks donated to pay USC the kids' scholarships that they lost. I dunno if it sounds too crazy, but he's got to punish those two for their wrong doing

What NFL rules did they break?

I think he is free and clear as far as the NFL is concerned but i wouldn't mind seeing the NCAA saying something along the lines of if he decided to come back to college that the school that hired him would be subject to something.

the sanction system is broken. i don't know what the answer is but punishing kids who had nothing to due with reggie getting a free suit is un-american, especially when the HC ran to the NFL like a coward and avoided any reprecussions as well.

Even Sanchez is trying to distance himself from the situation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/10/mark-sanchez-tries-to-distance-himself-from-usc-mess/

Former USC quarterback Mark Sanchez, who drew the ire of former USC coach Pete Carroll when opting to get paid (officially . . . allegedly) for playing football after the 2008 season, met with the media today in connection with the Jets' ongoing offseason workouts.

Inevitably, Sanchez faced questions about the NCAA's lambasting of the Trojans.

"I don't know if it is official yet and, it's just really too bad," Sanchez said, "but I wasn't there for those years that they are looking at."

OK, fine. Mark wasn't there. So he escapes the taint of the NCAA kicking USC in the butt.

But there's a minor complication. Sanchez was there. He arrived in 2005, the same season that could be wiped fully off the books thanks to Reggie Bush's decision to cash in before cashing out.

Indeed, Sanchez provided an unwelcome diversion to the then-fresh Bush fiasco by getting arrested for sexual assault in late April 2006.

So, yes, Sanchez was there. And, yes, he was a redshirt member of the team that ultimately lost one of the greatest college football games in history -- and that could end up retroactively losing all of the others in far less glorious fashion.

Same NFL rule that Vick, Stalworth and Rapesburger broke.

The question is can Godell punish them for conduct before they were drafted.

Doubtful. Kind of like in the justice system, whereas if you commit a crime at 17 and go to court for it at 18, you are still on trial as a juvenile...in a way..

These three guys broke penal code law or accused of.. Reggie and Carrol broke NCAA rules

Ben R. has not been adjudicated as guilty of anything.

The issue has nothing to do with penal code or NCAA rules but of timing and whether Godell will extend punishment to events before the player entered the NFL.

It is not inconceivable to Godell to say that had these allegation came out prior to the players being drafted they would be ineligible to have entered the NFL, and thus are now suspended indefinitely. "Playing in the NFL is a privilege not a right."

While I am not predicting such a harsh measure. A four game suspension doesn't seem to far out of line.

A four game suspension for something that happened in college years ago does seem very inconceivable. To suspend a person for something he did prior to becoming an employee of the NFL is a Pandora's box that will def not be opened.

What a player does before he enters the NFL is the teams problem that hires or drafts him. Goodell dishing out suspensions for breaking rules in college is ridiculous. Comparing it to Ben, Vick, and Stallworth is ridiculous as well. They were all convicted of breaking rules pertaining to the NFL conduct policy while being employed by the NFL. Caroll and Bush have never violated NFL rules or regulations.

Why would that even be a Question? Goodell Governs the NFL, not the NCAA. Let him stick to what he does.

A four game suspension for something that happened in college years ago does seem very inconceivable. To suspend a person for something he did prior to becoming an employee of the NFL is a Pandora's box that will def not be opened.

What a player does before he enters the NFL is the teams problem that hires or drafts him. Goodell dishing out suspensions for breaking rules in college is ridiculous. Comparing it to Ben, Vick, and Stallworth is ridiculous as well. They were all convicted of breaking rules pertaining to the NFL conduct policy while being employed by the NFL. Caroll and Bush have never violated NFL rules or regulations.

Please note I am not advocating that Godell do this. Just saying that it is not inconceivable that he would.

Just like it is not inconceivable that if what Bush had done had come out before the draft, he might have been ineligible to be drafted for a year or before the draft been given a suspension that a drafting team would know about and most likely have resulted in him being drafted later.

Archived