Former Yankee OF Oscar Azocar dead

AFJF

I remember him as part of the "baby bombers"...dude swung at EVERYTHING. I remember him getting a single off a 55 foot fastball once.

Former major leaguer Oscar Azocar dies

(AP)

you beat me to it. RIP Oscar.

I remember them giving a poster out that year with Oscar, Leyritz and the pitcher -- Clay??? What was his name.

Oscar was fun to watch because he would literally swing at a ball at his eyes.

RIP Oscar

Fun guy to watch. Made watching a Stump Merrill team fun.

you beat me to it. RIP Oscar.

I remember them giving a poster out that year with Oscar, Leyritz and the pitcher -- Clay??? What was his name.

Oscar was fun to watch because he would literally swing at a ball at his eyes.

Clay Parker. I had forgotten about him, but not Azocar. Is that the year they moved Bam Bam to the outfield?

Was Mickey Rivers the hitting coach?

"My goals are to hit .300, score 100 runs and stay injury prone."

"Pitching is 80% of the game and the other half is hitting and fielding."

Even though those teams were awful. We had alot of fun sitting out in the bleachers during those years.

Azocar

Blowers

Mullens

Clay Parker

Alvaro Ezpinoza

Wade Taylor

Then you had the guys at the end of their careers who we hated.

Tim Leary

Walt Terrell

Steve Sax

During those years me and my friends would go to about 20-25 games a year. Bleacher seats were only $5.00.

Even though those teams were awful. We had alot of fun sitting out in the bleachers during those years.

Azocar

Blowers

Mullens

Clay Parker

Alvaro Ezpinoza

Wade Taylor

Then you had the guys at the end of their careers who we hated.

Tim Leary

Walt Terrell

Steve Sax

During those years me and my friends would go to about 20-25 games a year. Bleacher seats were only $5.00.

Itr was great going to games back then. Walk up to the ticket window, five minutes before the first pitch and buy box seats for $15.50, bleachers for $5-7 depending on the game. Grease the guy at the door to the Stadium Club $10 and he'd let you in and you could get down to the buffet that had the world's best beef stew + crappy baseball. Good times.

Itr was great going to games back then. Walk up to the ticket window, five minutes before the first pitch and buy box seats for $15.50, bleachers for $5-7 depending on the game. Grease the guy at the door to the Stadium Club $10 and he'd let you in and you could get down to the buffet that had the world's best beef stew + crappy baseball. Good times.

Got you beat bud...good times were going to games and getting box seats at 5 bucks and parking in those makeshift parking lots around the stadium...trick was not to get to the park too early. First cars in were the last ones out.

My old man wouldn't sit in the bleachers back in the 50's...he had to have a seat back...bleacher seats were like 75 cents I think...can't remember.

Got you beat bud...good times were going to games and getting box seats at 5 bucks and parking in those makeshift parking lots around the stadium...trick was not to get to the park too early. First cars in were the last ones out.

My old man wouldn't sit in the bleachers back in the 50's...he had to have a seat back...bleacher seats were like 75 cents I think...can't remember.

My Dad's got that beat. He grew up 8 blocks away from the Stadium. He was selling hot dogs in the upper deck in right field when Roger Maris hit his 61st.

I miss the Old Stadium....

By the time the mid to late 2000's came around though this all changed...

Thew new Stadium just doesnt have the same vibe. Oh well.

I miss the Old Stadium....

By the time the mid to late 2000's came around though this all changed...

Thew new Stadium just doesnt have the same vibe. Oh well.

One of the funniest nights ever at the old stadium was the night in '92 when Ozzie Guillen blew out his knee. He lay on the field for damn near an hour being attended to by trainers. The crap that came out of the mouths of people in that stadium that night because Guillen was holding up the game was pure comic gold.

One of the funniest nights ever at the old stadium was the night in '92 when Ozzie Guillen blew out his knee. He lay on the field for damn near an hour being attended to by trainers. The crap that came out of the mouths of people in that stadium that night because Guillen was holding up the game was pure comic gold.

Hilarious.

I thought I was the only one with fond memories of Azocar and that era in Yankee baseball. It was really fun watching those teams.

I still remember Azocar getting a base hit on a pitch out.

The most vivid memory I have of Azocar was when the Yankees had somebody in a run down between 2nd and 3rd. Somebody made an errant throw to 3rd and there was Azocar, who had sprinted in from LF to back up, scooping up the bad throw.

Archived