Chris Paul Makes a Toast for a New Big Three in New York: Amar'e, Melo, and CP3

THE ILK

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/419164-chris-paul-makes-a-toast-for-big-three-in-new-york-amare-melo-and-cp3

By Christopher Chavez

(Featured Columnist) on July 12, 2010

NBA-Wallpaper-6_crop_340x234.jpg?1278957379

The New York Knicks may have struck out on LeBron James during his sweepstakes but the team is looking to go places in the next few years and cash in on opportunities to be great.

Chris Paul is among those that hopes to pull off a LeBron James deal and go to a contending team.

Paul has come forward and said that he hopes to be a part of something great in New York with the Knicks, as he announced at Carmelo Anthony's wedding in New York this weekend.

The Hornets' point guard announced that several of the guests at the wedding could be forming a Big Three in the Big Apple.

He mentioned Carmelo Anthony, Amar'e Stoudemire, and himself among the members of that possible squad. The New York Post reported that Spike Lee almost fainted when this was said at the wedding.

Chris Paul hits the market in 2012, but the Knicks may not have to be so patient to get him to come to New York.

They have trading chips that could be packaged at any moment in mid-December.

Trading chips from Raymond Felton to their latest Russian signing could be accessible in a deal to the New Orleans or San Antonio.

San Antonio comes up because the Knicks have expressed interest in Tony Parker and a possible arrival in New York through a deal with players and not so much draft picks.

LeBron James was also in attendance at Carmelo Anthony's wedding with his crew.

His facial expression and reaction to the toast for a New York Big Three was not shared.

But in complete agreement with the New York Post , a Miami Heat vs. New York Knicks Eastern Conference Final would be very entertaining if the Knicks were to make the right moves.

From the young Anthony Randolph to the superstar Amar'e Stoudemire, the Knicks could be in contention now, but a move for Paul and Anthony will put them over the top.

For one more season, Knicks fans may just have to wait for their Messiah.

Right now the Knicks can sign a max contract this or next year and the year after that, in all honesty I'd rather have Amare than Bosh, and Melo over Lebron.

If they could also get Parker or Paul, that would awesome!

Love how the bandwagon heat fans ask U Mad?

Nope!

I'm glad we are going to get players that want to come here and compete!

Players that want to take on the challenge of competition, not a bunch of baby bitches!

Would love for this to happen, but Dolan will find a way to **** this up too.

This is what its all about. Dolan will always drag the Knicks down. He doesn't know anything else.
Paul and Melo have both expressed interest in becoming Knicks despite Dolan.

So I'm going to try and keep the faith despite Dolan.

This is what its all about. Dolan will always drag the Knicks down. He doesn't know anything else.

He knows monopoly. His business model is to simply eliminate competition. Cablevision was a monster success before dish TV. With MSG he bought Radio City and the Beacon Theater and has been rabid in fighting against the West Side and Brooklyn Yards projects. He can't eliminate the other teams in the league, so we're ****ed.

Right now the Knicks can sign a max contract this or next year and the year after that, in all honesty I'd rather have Amare than Bosh, and Melo over Lebron.

If they could also get Parker or Paul, that would awesome!

Love how the bandwagon heat fans ask U Mad?

Nope!

I'm glad we are going to get players that want to come here and compete!

Players that want to take on the challenge of competition, not a bunch of baby bitches!

lol The begging and pleading for Melo begins....i love it. Whats even funnier now it'sMelo over Lebron...you knick fans. :rolleyes:

Paul and Melo have both expressed interest in becoming Knicks despite Dolan.

So I'm going to try and keep the faith despite Dolan.

Good, I did that for 2 years already, I'll believe it when I see it.

You state that as if The New York Post has more journalistic credibility than Bleacher Report...
No I was just quoting the article.

I heard it it talked about allot yesterday, not sure where else it was published though.

lol The begging and pleading for Melo begins....i love it. Whats even funnier now it'sMelo over Lebron...you knick fans. :rolleyes:
I never wanted Lebron if he did not want to come here, and yes I'd much rather have Melo.

What begging and pleading?

These are players that had enough balls to voice there interest in coming to the Knicks, you stupid troll ass bandwagon front running clown!

Only thing the Knicks are getting is Isiah Thomas lmao.

So right now the Heat has LeBron, D-Wade, Bosh and just re-signed Udonis Haslem and added Mike Miller. Oh and they had Mario Chalmers and the three second-round picks from this year's draft.

Good luck winning an NBA championship with no bench. As it stands the big three, Haslem and Miller will be playing 42-45 minutes per game so they should be out of gas by game 50 and get bounced in the first round of the playoffs because they have nothing left and no low post presence to speak of.

So you figure around this time next year LeBron and D-Wade will be battling in the papers and both demanding trades because they can't play together, or will that start in March?

So right now the Heat has LeBron, D-Wade, Bosh and just re-signed Udonis Haslem and added Mike Miller. Oh and they had Mario Chalmers and the three second-round picks from this year's draft.

Good luck winning an NBA championship with no bench. As it stands the big three, Haslem and Miller will be playing 42-45 minutes per game so they should be out of gas by game 50 and get bounced in the first round of the playoffs because they have nothing left and no low post presence to speak of.

So you figure around this time next year LeBron and D-Wade will be battling in the papers and both demanding trades because they can't play together, or will that start in March?

You and everybody else not a Heat fan hopes it plays out like that. But the fact is were steadily adding pieces (Haslem & Miller yesterday) Weather you like it or not, this is the decade of the HEAT! REJOICE!!!!!

I never wanted Lebron if he did not want to come here, and yes I'd much rather have Melo.

What begging and pleading?

These are players that had enough balls to voice there interest in coming to the Knicks, you stupid troll ass bandwagon front running clown!

Whats with the personal attacks?

You and everybody else not a Heat fan hopes it plays out like that. But the fact is were steadily adding pieces (Haslem & Miller yesterday) Weather you like it or not, this is the decade of the HEAT! REJOICE!!!!!

You re-signed one guy and added another. That ain't exactly "steadily adding pieces" now is it? Especially when you add in the fact that Derek Fisher laughed at the contract they offered him.

The NBA is in a similar situation to the NFL in that there is no CBA in place beyond the next season and most reports are that the players will be taking a major hit in the new CBA. Everybody wants to maximize their earning power this year as a result. That doesn't bode well for a team like the Heat that has a lot of open roster spots to fill and very little money to spend.

My prediction for the Heat: 58 wins, ugly 2nd round playoff exit.

So when he resigns with the Nuggets or another team next year Melo will then have a Vagina right? Isn't that how it works?

Again, if he signs his extension with the Nuggets its only because he doesn't feel he can make more in the next CBA and wants to maximize his value now, which wouldn't preclude a trade down the line.

However, the Nuggets have had the max extension on the table for several weeks and Melo has shown no signs of intending to sign it. LePussay took less money for a shot at the title (pretty stupid when you consider that he could have gotten more money and a better chance at a title by joining the Bulls, but as we all now know the punk has no balls) it's naive to think Melo wouldn't do the same.

If it makes you feel better pretending you know my fandom to the Heat, more power to ya. So typical around here...ugh.

I don't pretend to know anything about you. However, I do know you didn't have that sig, avay or anything Heat for that matter until this past week, and probably since '05 you haven't even repp'ed the Heat, but I understand.

Enjoy the season.

You re-signed one guy and added another. That ain't exactly "steadily adding pieces" now is it? Especially when you add in the fact that Derek Fisher laughed at the contract they offered him.

The NBA is in a similar situation to the NFL in that there is no CBA in place beyond the next season and most reports are that the players will be taking a major hit in the new CBA. Everybody wants to maximize their earning power this year as a result. That doesn't bode well for a team like the Heat that has a lot of open roster spots to fill and very little money to spend.

My prediction for the Heat: 58 wins, ugly 2nd round playoff exit.

Heat sign Big Z another piece added. So James won 66 games with crap in Cleveland and with the Heat he'll only win 58? I say we win 66-69 games somewhere around there for our first year.

Heat sign Big Z another piece added. So James won 66 games with crap in Cleveland and with the Heat he'll only win 58? I say we win 66-69 games somewhere around there for our first year.

Ooooooh watch out! Ilgauskas and his 7.4 PPG. :rolleyes:

Miller, Ilgauskas, Bosh. Are the Heat going to sign every one of LeBron's butt buddies? :rl:

This is going to be a fun train wreck to watch. :yes:

What's with acting like a total jerk off?

LOL come on man...it's obvious this whole Lebron to Miami thing has you down big time. The Knicks will probably squeek out the 8 seed this year and become a respectable team again. And after this season, with all your fans wearing custom made Melo jersey's and cheering him on while he beats your team in the garden, maybe you'll sway him to come to NY and we can resume the rivalry. The future is bright Knick fan.

LOL come on man...it's obvious this whole Lebron to Miami thing has you down big time. The Knicks will probably squeek out the 8 seed this year and become a respectable team again. And after this season, with all your fans wearing custom made Melo jersey's and cheering him on while he beats your team in the garden, maybe you'll sway him to come to NY and we can resume the rivalry. The future is bright Knick fan.
Why would I be down over not getting a player who obviously feels he can't hack it in NY?

You just can't help it, I understand, you were born that way.

Whats with the personal attacks?

Because you're a tool, that's why.

Seriously. We didn't hear a word out of you or any other Dolphin fan about the NBA free agency. Not one word.

Now LeBron choses the Heat and you guys come out of the woodwork, change your avatars, put in new sigs.

It's an absolute joke. You're like those pink hat wearing Red Sawx fans.

Give it a rest. Yeah, we're excited for you that you're paying attention to the Heat again.

Because you're a tool, that's why.

Seriously. We didn't hear a word out of you or any other Dolphin fan about the NBA free agency. Not one word.

Now LeBron choses the Heat and you guys come out of the woodwork, change your avatars, put in new sigs.

It's an absolute joke. You're like those pink hat wearing Red Sawx fans.

Give it a rest. Yeah, we're excited for you that you're paying attention to the Heat again.

Best moment for me of the whole LeBron fiasco: On Friday morning, someone asks Mike Greenberg on Mike and Mike if in light of the LeBron signing Miami is now a Heat town or a Dolphins town, Greenberg's answer: "It's still a New York town." :rl:

Spoken like a true Jets fan! :yes:

Archived