Dez Bryant refuses to carry pads

Falcon63

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is already well on his way to having a good career. Look at what happened to that idiot Kellen Clemens, he respected Chad Pennington and believed in and did everything Chad told him to do. And that's why he sucks so much.

Dez apparently is ignoring what Roy Williams is telling him to do. Considering the KC fail, I think his way is better. Dez will probably take Roy's job by Week 8. Roy knows this.

I like the "hold out of your contract" team building that Revis and Mangold do. Somehow not carrying someone's shoulder pads is bad for team unity, but threatening to not even show up at all for the season is somehow "unity" and "being there" for your teammates.

I'm pretty sure a rational person would rather you show up to play when it matters, and they don't care what you do with the shoulder pads.

I doubt there is much hazing going on for the top draft picks. Or it's something totally harmless. The shoulder pads is kind of harmless too...but I bet Roy Williams was a prick about it.

He is already well on his way to having a good career. Look at what happened to that idiot Kellen Clemens, he respected Chad Pennington and believed in and did everything Chad told him to do. And that's why he sucks so much.

Dez apparently is ignoring what Roy Williams is telling him to do. Considering the KC fail, I think his way is better. Dez will probably take Roy's job by Week 8. Roy knows this.

I like the "hold out of your contract" team building that Revis and Mangold do. Somehow not carrying someone's shoulder pads is bad for team unity, but threatening to not even show up at all for the season is somehow "unity" and "being there" for your teammates.

I'm pretty sure a rational person would rather you show up to play when it matters, and they don't care what you do with the shoulder pads.

I doubt there is much hazing going on for the top draft picks. Or it's something totally harmless. The shoulder pads is kind of harmless too...but I bet Roy Williams was a prick about it.

I think you're probably right on the money. Nothing wrong with the Vets having a little fun with the rookies but this isn't any rookie and any veteran. This is the rookie that's going to replace the Veteran and you can bet Williams was trying to get into his head, Dez just let him know the score.

I live in Palm Bch County, and unless you went to Glades Central or Pahokee, your team sucked. The county as a whole isn't that tough, Miami-Dade is so much tougher.

I'm not denying that my team has sucked in recent years, however, you still have the Boynton Beach team who has some young talent, Park Vista is always a contender, and up until recently Lake Worth has been pretty good. Oh, and there's Dwyer, and Central as well.

Actually, no, I was a varsity starter my freshman year, and my brother started right next to me. I was never hazed, and as such, I never haze any of the incoming freshman.

I agree with him 100%. Other people are calling him a diva, but I did the exact same thing when I was a freshman in high school. All it is meant to do is demean and embarrass you, and by looking at Bryant's comments, it shows he means business.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5409306

So he's a diva because he refuses to do something that is not in his contract? I mean seriously, if you've ever actually been on a high school or college team, you know that hazing "rookies" is just to embarrass and demean them. I didn't put up with that crap either when I was a freshman. Finally someone is saying enough is enough, let's just play football. All this news tells me is that Dez means business.

So it states in his contract that he must carry other players' pads?

It's not his job to listen to vets. Just because they are veterans does not make them any better than him. He is NOT putting himself before the team. Letting yourself get hazed puts you BELOW the team.

This has nothing to do with a "right of passage". DezBryant just wants to play football, is that such a bad thing? All rookies shouldn't be required to go through some hazing, they should just shut up and play football. Anymore who thinks so is just a retarded frat boy who thinks that it's funny. No, it really isn't a huge deal to carry someone else's pads, so why is it a huge deal to NOT carry someone else's pads?

Yeah, our team as a whole. But we had 3 All-County players on our OL and DL in the toughest county in the country.

Now, I'm not saying I was All-American or anything, but I'm just saying that I was "one of the guys" since the day I took the field. I actually got my starting job by putting MYSELF in.

I can understand being against hazing. Depending on the school, it can be demeaning and stupid or it can just be fun and games. I think how big a dick the guys are your school has a lot to do with it. I would just like to point out that the bolded items above will not endear you to coaches or teammates ANYWHERE. You were "one of the guys" your brother is an upperclassman, you have a bad attitude towards those that were there ahead of you, you put yourself in the game. These things will not be happening if you make it to the next level. In fact, if you put yourself in the game you'll find yourself in a world of trouble.

I'm not denying that my team has sucked in recent years, however, you still have the Boynton Beach team who has some young talent, Park Vista is always a contender, and up until recently Lake Worth has been pretty good. Oh, and there's Dwyer, and Central as well.

you are talking about smaller schools in small divisions...that does not equate to powerhouse county status...Boyton Bch? Please....thats like saying the Buffalo Bills are a powerhouse because they have a team in the NFL...

Belle Glade or Pahokee>all those schools you mentioned.

OPTION A: Carry pads.

OPTION B: Get duct-taped to goal post and worry about Tony Homo having his way with you.

Bryant: "I'll take option A, thanks."

dont forget the part about the picture of your sorry ass duct taped to that goal post being shown on ESPN every 3 seconds for a month, maybe a 'top ten moment of year' ,maybe a ESPY moment...

He didn't know about the tradition? BS. He didn't know he would face the same repercussions as every single rookie has for not taking a little bit of "hazing" if you want to call it that. I look at it as an initiation process, a very harmless one at that. Take your lumps and become respected by your teammates.

Roy Williams is garbage but he is a veteran of the NFL where as Bryant is a newbie who's only proven thus far that he is one to live up to his diva reputation. Just carry pads instead of an attitude and you'll be much better off in the long run.

This doesn't scream "I'm against hazing and it separates a team" because now he's going to abide by it. It screams "I'm too good for that ****".

He didn't know about the tradition? BS. He didn't know he would face the same repercussions as every single rookie has for not taking a little bit of "hazing" if you want to call it that. I look at it as an initiation process, a very harmless one at that. Take your lumps and become respected by your teammates.

Roy Williams is garbage but he is a veteran of the NFL where as Bryant is a newbie who's only proven thus far that he is one to live up to his diva reputation. Just carry pads instead of an attitude and you'll be much better off in the long run.

This doesn't scream "I'm against hazing and it separates a team" because now he's going to abide by it. It screams "I'm too good for that ****".

yup. he's played football all his life - weak excuse.

Archived