NY Times: 2010 Jets Season Preview

flgreen

Sanchez is fortunate to have an outstanding offensive coordinator in Brian Schottenheimer. Schottenheimer, the former Chargers quarterbacks coach, does a masterful job at limiting the burden on Sanchez by using clever route combinations that make it easier to work through progressions.

There it is. That is why there were routes with the receivers bunched together. I knew it. I hope this **** learned to work through the normal progressions so we don't have to see that **** again.

There it is. That is why there were routes with the receivers bunched together. I knew it. I hope this **** learned to work through the normal progressions so we don't have to see that **** again.

Absent this cleverness is it the author's (and Schottenheimer's) assertion that Sanchez would have thrown 30 interceptions and fumbled 15x in his 364 attempts?

This is my biggest fear outside of is Sanchez the real deal. I'm not in love with our RB situation at all. Big question marks for all 3 guys.

If Greene was a flash in the pan or is an injury riddled player, I have no faith in our back ups.

Every Rams fan in mid-August of 1999:

"If Green was a flash in the pan or is an injury riddled player, I have no faith in our back ups."

During my 35 years on this planet the only constant with the Jets is the consistent collapse under the weight of high expectations.

This season will be another test and yet another opportunity to shake the SoJ's label. This defense should keep the team in every game so it comes to down to Schott, Sanchez, and OLine to deliver a championship. I am cautiously optimistic about Sanchez, confident in the OL, and genuinely worried about Schott.

I think the Offense is going to struggle for identity b/w ground-and-pound and the need to score points. The tools are all there to be explosive but run, run, pass, punt isn't a formula for success in the NFL (see Herm Edwards).

Every Rams fan in mid-August of 1999:

"If Green was a flash in the pan or is an injury riddled player, I have no faith in our back ups."

Ha! Cuz Kurt Warner stories happen every day in the NFL ;-).

Nah, the only reasn why I'm not super stressed about is the facts its a RB, and they can be easily replaced for the most part. Kind of happens every year.

Nah, the only reasn why I'm not super stressed about is the facts its a RB, and they can be easily replaced for the most part. Kind of happens every year.

I think so as well. My point is not that we have a Kurt Warner on the bench, but rather that fan uncertainty does not = certain doom.

Just because their is a reason doesn't mean there is a good reason. The Schotty Death Watch is still on.

I find it odd the NY Times picks the Jets to finish 3rd.

I don't. Obviously they're going for the whole "Everyone else is picking one way, but we're the guys that actually THINK about things, not like those commoners over at __________, so if we're REALLY thinking and looking at something like the genius organization we are, it must be the OPPOSITE of what everyone else's expectations are, since we're the guys that THINK, we're the f-ing TIMES. Everyone else left us no choice but to pick the Jets for third, so we had to find a way. We also agreed with Charles Woodson as Defensive Player of the Year, by the way."

Good thing the Pats had a 6th rd QB on the bench when Bledsoe went down..:P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If the Jets lose this Sunday to the Pats (and they probably will), then they have to go 10-4 in their remaining games. I'm going to be kind and say the Jets split with Miami and NE, and sweep the Bills, so that gives them 4 wins. So they have to win at least 6 more to make the playoffs --- unless you think 9 wins is enough---

Minn, GB, and Pittsburgh are all losses, which means they have to win against Denver, Detroit, Cleveland, Houston, Cinci and Chicago.

I'm not seeing it.

Archived