Darrelle Revis Holdout: MERGED

JonEJet

I missed nothing.

Oh my bad, the Jets historical run is NOTHING like Al Davis first off. Two, Davis is having hard times now but was in the Superbowl this decade, we cant even let go of Joe Namath. I think you and many other people are missing something here. The Jets actually have the talent to pay and they decide to do this??? You know what this is going to end up being? This is going to end up being so much more worse than the epitome of "SOJ". This is going to end up giving half the fanbase heart attacks and the other half high blood pressure.

PAY HIM!

Al Davis would be the first person to tell you to not pay a CB that kind of money.

Hell wasn't Aso almost cut this offseason?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ummm... I'm going to try to respond in the language of this post, bare with me if it makes little sense....

Revis be gettin paid based on what he be agreein to 3 years ago. Now he be wanting more because he be playing well. That be fine and good, but Jets be running a 53 man football team and can't allow one man to be bigger den that.

Revis "IS" only worth what we can pay him without crippling the rest of the team. From all reports, he be asking for more money den dat.

And if he tells the organization '**** YOU I'm taking my ball and going home', then I be hopin the organization responds with an even bigger **** YOU.

I'm be a New York Jets Fan, I am a fan of Darrelle Revis because he plays for the New York Jets. When Darrelle Revis is off this team, whether that be 10 years from now, or 10 days, I will still be a New York Jet fan. The team is more important.

I didnt understand much of that. the language was horrible. Try again.

I missed nothing.

Oh my bad, the Jets historical run is NOTHING like Al Davis first off. Two, Davis is having hard times now but was in the Superbowl this decade, we cant even let go of Joe Namath. I think you and many other people are missing something here. The Jets actually have the talent to pay and they decide to do this??? You know what this is going to end up being? This is going to end up being so much more worse than the epitome of "SOJ". This is going to end up giving half the fanbase heart attacks and the other half high blood pressure.

PAY HIM!

If they cave and don't win this year, they are going to be screwed for the future.

That may be a risk you want to take, I wouldn't do it.

I also don't consider the Jets a lock to win it all with MEvi$, that has allot to do with it.

Al making it to the superbowl, losing and then going straight down the toilet is exactly what I'm talking about.

Thanks, and not worth it!

Al Davis would be the first person to tell you to not pay a CB that kind of money.

Hell wasn't Aso almost cut this offseason?

was he? And I think Al davis would tell you not to go against your whole coaching staff who's telling you that your 1st round QB is a bust because he's lazy. Since we're talking "that kind of money".

was he? And I think Al davis would tell you not to go against your whole coaching staff who's telling you that your 1st round QB is a bust because he's lazy. Since we're talking "that kind of money".

Wait are you agreeing or disagreeing.

My point is even Crazy Al wouldn't make that mistake twice.

If they cave and don't win this year, they are going to be screwed for the future.

That may be a risk you want to take, I wouldn't do it.

I also don't consider the Jets a lock to win it all with MEvi$, that has allot to do with it.

Al making it to the superbowl, losing and then going straight down the toilet is exactly what I'm talking about.

Thanks, and not worth it!

There's no guarantees in this game, only possibilities and chances, and Revis on the field gives us the greatest chance of winning, especially with the way the Jets just designed the defense through the draft and free agency.

Besides, talking about being screwed for the future, they're screwed now if they dont find a way to get Revis on the field. And as for your "making the superbowl and then straight to the toilet comment" thats bullshyte, Nnamdi didnt get an extention after that 02 season because he was a rookie in 03.

Teams falter, it happens. But the Raiders arent in financial problems, there problems are much more finite than that. I'd take my chances with Signing Revis and making sure that management and coaching staff, who all just got contract extensions put it together. Though this isnt the best of excuses either but...there might not even BE football after this year. Its far out there, but its there.

Villain, I'm very confused as to what you're even arguing at this point. In what way can you use the Al Davis contract as a motivation to pay Revis?

The Raiders are a complete abortion of a franchise, can we just not follow their approach in anything? Please!

My point in a nutshell. Revis and his advisors clearly don't expect the Jets to react in the way me and EY hope they do, but he should, because it would literally end him.

It'll end their relationship, but it wouldnt "end" him. The Jets are either going to pay him or trade him. They're not going to just let him hold out for 4+ years and get nnothing for him in return. At the end of the day, these are contractual agreements and you have the right to fight for what you want agreed upon. This isnt like working aat taco bell.

It'll end their relationship, but it wouldnt "end" him. The Jets are either going to pay him or trade him. They're not going to just let him hold out for 4+ years and get nnothing for him in return. At the end of the day, these are contractual agreements and you have the right to fight for what you want agreed upon. This isnt like working aat taco bell.

No ones gonna trade for someone they can't sign...

Prior to owning the Jets, I always imagine Woody, in his pajamas, sitting in his foyer with a shotgun, firing away at a stuffed buffalo head at the end of the hall a la Daniel Plainview toward the end of "There Will Be Blood." Then the phone rang and he owned the Jets.

drankedmilkshake.jpg

Villain, I'm very confused as to what you're even arguing at this point. In what way can you use the Al Davis contract as a motivation to pay Revis?

The Raiders are a complete abortion of a franchise, can we just not follow their approach in anything? Please!

Your opinion. Im not going to disrespect a dude that has made that franchise world renouned. You win some, you lose some...but he's one a hell of alot more than the Jets have unfortunately.

Teams falter, it happens. But the Raiders arent in financial problems, there problems are much more finite than that. I'd take my chances with Signing Revis and making sure that management and coaching staff, who all just got contract extensions put it together. Though this isnt the best of excuses either but...there might not even BE football after this year. Its far out there, but its there.

No one is talking about financial problems but Revis.

Money in the NFL is finite, up until this year there has been a salary cap, and there will likely be one again soon.

If you give a player X% of the cap, that's X% less you have for the other 52 guys. If the 52 Jets played against Revis in a game of football, Revis would lose badly. Until Revis can win that game, I'm thinking I'll focus on making the best team possible. Even if that means sacrificing one player who's ego and greed have led him to hold the rest of the team hostage.

The Raiders will make money no matter what they pay their players... They just may not win.

There's no guarantees in this game, only possibilities and chances, and Revis on the field gives us the greatest chance of winning, especially with the way the Jets just designed the defense through the draft and free agency.

Besides, talking about being screwed for the future, they're screwed now if they dont find a way to get Revis on the field. And as for your "making the superbowl and then straight to the toilet comment" thats bullshyte, Nnamdi didnt get an extention after that 02 season because he was a rookie in 03.

No one is disputing that the Jets best chance of winning right now comes with Revis on the field. But what about down the line, when players have to leave and we no longer become competitive in free agency, where a lot of our recent success has been built. We'll inevitably become a bottom feeder, with a true shutdown CB watching the rest of the defense get pounded and the offense struggle. I know we want a SB more than anything, I'm with you on that, but we can't get wreckless. We have the foundation of something special here, and there's more to that foundation than Darrelle Revis, even if he would have beena huge part of it.

I have literally no idea where the Raiders come into this. All I know is that the Nnamdi contract was something they had to act on or they'd lose him. We aint losing Revis anytime soon unless we want to. He needs us more than we need him and I think eventually that's going to show.

There is going to be football, too much money is at stake for it to just go away, thats bullshyte.

Hampering what the Jets can do in the future, going for it all for 1 year is not worth it IMO, remember "there's no guarantees."

My points on the Raiders were not finacial problems, but cap ones.

If they keep having to pay guaranteed money to players they end up cutting to get out of cap hell, it will lead to financial problems though.

Your opinion. Im not going to disrespect a dude that has made that franchise world renouned. You win some, you lose some...but he's one a hell of alot more than the Jets have unfortunately.

I respect the hell out of Davis' accomplishments, but the man has genuinely lost his mind.

No one is talking about financial problems but Revis.

Money in the NFL is finite, up until this year there has been a salary cap, and there will likely be one again soon.

If you give a player X% of the cap, that's X% less you have for the other 52 guys. If the 52 Jets played against Revis in a game of football, Revis would lose badly. Until Revis can win that game, I'm thinking I'll focus on making the best team possible. Even if that means sacrificing one player who's ego and greed have led him to hold the rest of the team hostage.

The Raiders will make money no matter what they pay their players... They just may not win.

There's no salary cap, so dont correct me when im correct. And there's a possibility that Football goes the way of baseball too.

There's no salary cap, so dont correct me when im correct. And there's a possibility that Football goes the way of baseball too.

Come on villain, there is going to be football and a cap, as long as there is money.

and that would be fine with me as long as the Jets get to play the role of the New York Yankees for a few years...then we can all agree that yea, all pro sports suck now not just basketball,baseball, and hockey

and that would be fine with me as long as the Jets get to play the role of the New York Yankees for a few years...then we can all agree that yea, all pro sports suck now not just basketball,baseball, and hockey

that was the greatest point i've heard all month. You just had it sink in FLA.

I say we punish revis. I say we let EY spank'em lol.

Seriously, good point. I hate the way the Yankess buy up everything (must be careful saying that since Im from the Bronx lol). Didnt see it that way.

So, in a position of labor uncertainty, when there could easily be a cap again next year, you'd pay one player roughly 8% of what last years cap was, every year, when that player is 1/53rd of the team? Even when that player has no leverage besides his services?

Or, would you give him all the money this year, because, as you say, there is no cap? But wait, don't forget the 30% rule that prevents you from doing just that.

You're expecting to Jets to give Revis a contract based on 'football going the way of baseball' before it happens and with no indication of it happening. With that mentality, I couldn't imagine you running a lemonade stand, let alone a football team.

that was the greatest point i've heard all month. You just had it sink in FLA.

I say we punish revis. I say we let EY spank'em lol.

Seriously, good point. I hate the way the Yankess buy up everything (must be careful saying that since Im from the Bronx lol). Didnt see it that way.

The Yankees spend, but last year they won the World Series over the Phillies, and they had more home grown talent on their team!

Archived