Darrelle Revis Holdout: MERGED

JonEJet

agreed. in priciple it sounds good to let him sit, but doesn't help us. I say to try and sign him for as long as you can. If not, trade him for as much as you can get. I was thinking maybe the cowboys for ware.

being spiteful doesn't help the Jets-getting something for Revis does.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if he holds out the year like uncle Sean then we should trade his a$$ for the best we can get for him and draft the best CB we can in April

Totally agree. However, Darrelle Revis is not going to hold out for the year because the Jets and his agents will eventually meet eye to eye on a contract. Im not letting today's NFL live and SNY shows convince me otherwise.

Totally agree. However, Darrelle Revis is not going to hold out for the year because the Jets and his agents will eventually meet eye to eye on a contract. Im not letting today's NFL live and SNY shows convince me otherwise.

I haven't watched any of them all I know is from what I'm reading and I can't see him giving in and if he won't? Trade him.

I haven't watched any of them all I know is from what I'm reading and I can't see him giving in and if he won't? Trade him.

And all you're reading is one side. No one knows what offers have been made because no numbers or contract details have been released. Everyone is basically going on what Tanny and Woody have said and before this issue, all anyone would say is how neither can be trusted. Funny how peoples' opinions have changed all of a sudden.

If we trade Revis, not only do we not get good value for him, but we make another team significantly better. Are we in the position to make another team significantly better in with the hope of our new draft picks panning out?

Let him miss the rest of his career. Ownership makes the rules here.

If we trade Revis, not only do we not get good value for him, but we make another team significantly better. Are we in the position to make another team significantly better in with the hope of our new draft picks panning out?

trade him to an NFC team for sure like Denver did with Cutler-Woody said he doen't think he'll even play this year-Manish just tweeted a new article that I posted in another thread

Trade him to San Diego

Jets get:

Shawne Merriman

Quentin Jammer

Darren Sproles

2011 1st round pick

Chargers get:

Darrelle Mevis

Joe Mcknight...lol

They are already getting our 2nd round pick from the cromartie trade.

We get a CB to replace Revis in Jammer who is according to Chargers fans, better than Cro. So wed have Cro, Jammer, and Wilson at nickel.

We get that pass rushing OLB in merriman who could do wonders under rex ( and as a side note, the chargers would be relieved of paying Merriman's contract.)

We can get a new leon washington in Darren Sproles, while the Chargers survive with Ryan Matthews and a token RB in Mcknight

and the first round pick of SD in 2011 goes to us.

Trade him to San Diego

Jets get:

Shawne Merriman

Quentin Jammer

Darren Sproles

2011 1st round pick

Chargers get:

Darrelle Mevis

Joe Mcknight...lol

We get a CB to replace Revis in Jammer who is according to Chargers fans, better than Cro. So wed have Cro, Jammer, and Wilson at nickel.

We get that pass rushing OLB in merriman who could do wonders under rex ( and as a side note, the chargers would be relieved of paying Merriman's contract.)

We can get a new leon washington in Darren Sproles, while the Chargers survive with Ryan Matthews and a token RB in Mcknight

no-you trade a guy like this out of the division and a few time zones away-Seattle or San Fran sounds about right

Not gonna lie I'd really like to see him removed.

Yank him...until he reports, he's not really a Jet...just a guy who's holding the team up on the verge of what could be their best season ever. At this point in time, he does NOT represent the team we all root for - unlike the guy to the left of him who's everything Darrelle is not.

In fact, I'd put Harris there in place of him.

Trade him to San Diego

Jets get:

Shawne Merriman

Quentin Jammer

Darren Sproles

2011 1st round pick

Chargers get:

Darrelle Mevis

Joe Mcknight...lol

We get that pass rushing OLB in merriman who could do wonders under rex ( and as a side note, the chargers would be relieved of paying Merriman's contract.)We can get a new leon washington in Darren Sproles, while the Chargers survive with Ryan Matthews and a token RB in Mcknight

This is simply hilarious.

Probably less than what Rex can and has done with him... I usually stay optimistic, but I honestly don't see this guy playing this year.

at this point neither do I BJ12-I keep looking at what his uncle Sean (who is advising him) did

Yank him...until he reports, he's not really a Jet...just a guy who's holding the team up on the verge of what could be their best season ever. At this point in time, he does NOT represent the team we all root for - unlike the guy to the left of him who's everything Darrelle is not.

In fact, I'd put Harris there in place of him.

Oh I wouldn't put him back when he does report either.

Darrelle Revis will be my least favorite Jet for the rest of his career with this team.

I don't think the jets trade him for less than a 5 for 1 deal, at least 2 players this year and 3 future picks, probably a 2011 1st and 3rd, and a 2012 - 2nd

how are you "significantly better" if you give up 5 pieces and 16 million per for a DB ?

even if you trade two starters, you're probably only going to clear 10 million or so in cap room, so if you trade for revis, you still may have trouble with your cap even without a 1st round pick

if the jets trade him for 2 picks it will be because they waited until things got so bad every GM knows they have to trade him

Trade him to San Diego

Jets get:

Shawne Merriman

Quentin Jammer

Darren Sproles

2011 1st round pick

Chargers get:

Darrelle Mevis

Joe Mcknight...lol

makes no sense for the chargers, revis isn't that much better than jammer

Trade him to San Diego

Jets get:

Shawne Merriman

Quentin Jammer

Darren Sproles

2011 1st round pick

Chargers get:

Darrelle Mevis

Joe Mcknight...lol

Rivers and Jammer for Revis and Consuela

This!!!

I don't hate him at all yet. I understand the not wanting to go to TC with the money he's getting paid.

If he's not there opeing game? Dead to me.

Well said. While I may not agree with or like what he's doing, I don't hate him or really dislike him for it. However, if he misses a second of opening week, than I'm treating him just like SoFla said...as if he was lost for the season due to injury. With the added bonus of being known as just another check chaser instead of a guy who wants to win a SB.

I don't think the jets trade him for less than a 5 for 1 deal, at least 2 players this year and 3 future picks, probably a 2011 1st and 3rd, and a 2012 - 2nd

how are you "significantly better" if you give up 5 pieces and 16 million per for a DB ?

even if you trade two starters, you're probably only going to clear 10 million or so in cap room, so if you trade for revis, you still may have trouble with your cap even without a 1st round pick

if the jets trade him for 2 picks it will be because they waited until things got so bad every GM knows they have to trade him

Because you're getting the best DB in the game. Draft picks are nothing but hope. Not that I like agreeing with Bit, but what did the Saints get in return for Ricky Williams.

What great players do you think we're getting in this deal? And do you plan on giving them new deals? How will that affect the rest of the unsigned players who are upset that the Jets 'don't take care of their guys'.

The last thing this team needs is to tie up more guaranteed money in unproven 1st round picks. 1 per year is more than enough for me.

You're also sending the message that a holdout gets you out. F-that. Send a message that, you sign a contract, you play for us, or you don't play.

Everything about trading Darrelle Revis is wrong.

I feel so bad for Woody Johnson here, having to take a break from catapulting 50-year season ticket holders out of his stadium so he could paint Darrelle Revis as greedy.

Yeah...this is the elephant in the room no one wants to talk about it seems. Woody is far from the good guy here.

I feel so bad for Woody Johnson here, having to take a break from catapulting 50-year season ticket holders out of his stadium so he could paint Darrelle Revis as greedy.

should woody just pay him 16 mil a year for the next 6 years??????? ( ps...I just pi$$ed on yer shoes a lil bit while i stood up and asked you this btw)

Yeah...this is the elephant in the room no one wants to talk about it seems. Woody is far from the good guy here.

Well thats just too damn bad, we're stuck with Woody. Can't do anything about it.

And not for nothing, he's done a pretty damn good job of making this team better over the last few years. And while I completely disagree with anything PSL, its just the way it is now.

Archived