New York Jets fourth-year quarterback Erik Ainge enters drug treatment/rehab facility: sources

TaborJet

Hope he's able to bounce back.

Bounce back?

To what?

He never was and never will be an NFL QB that sees the field.

Sucks that he fell into that lifestyle but sadly he can be replaced very easily.

Bounce back?

To what?

He never was and never will be an NFL QB that sees the field.

Sucks that he fell into that lifestyle but sadly he can be replaced very easily.

When I meant "bounce back" I meant back to a "clean and sober life" so he could be productive in life again. Something more important than football and its fans.

I'm all for a little recreational drug use, but to play QB in the NFL you need to show you're smart enough to beat a drug test. This marks the end of Ainge's career.

Not really. he needs to steal a little page from Brett Farves book and blame it on the addiction to percoset he developed while his hand was broken when he came in the league 4 years ago. :rolleyes:

I hear you. One can truly call Clemens a bust....

The sad part is that my problems with Clemens aren't so much his mental decisions, and where to throw the ball, it's HOW he throws the ball. His passes are some of the ugliest throws I've ever seen. Most of the times he's not even close to the receiver and if he is, it's a really wobbly pass anyway which is why our receivers drop so many of his passes.

That's tough to believe, last time it was for steroids and pain killers. I think everyone expects it to be pain killers. Maybe he did "E" once or twice. That sh*t tears your brain up, if he did that for a solid year the Jets would've noticed something.

yeah i mean honestly idk how often it happend.. i more or less just didnt believe they knew who he was but once they let me meet him i didnt even ask about them dealing to him cuz i just believed them.. but yeah its sad, he's a good ball player

It mystifies me how these athletes are BLESSED with talent and the ability to play a game for millions of dollars and can't keep themselves clean. :confused:

Its because of the "life" and the lifestyle that comes with it. Not just in sports, anywhere from hollywood to the music industry etc.

Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it. Having large amounts of money and having friends/acquaintances with large amounts of money open doors to a completely different lifestyle. The material and fame is never worth it in the end. Sad to see people get caught up like that.

In all honesty, I have a personal stake in Tim Tebow. I really hope that his personality is genuine and not "for the cameras" because I think he'd be a great example of how you can be famous and have this money/success but know that there's literally more important things to life than this game and its perks, and not be afraid to show it.

I was one of those people who thought signing Brunell was weird. I figure they must have known Ainge was a screw up and didn't think he would be part of the team for long. That makes the Brunell signing more understandable.

It also explains why they didn't get rid of KC and are paying him a very impressive salary for someone who looks like a washout. I think if you connect the dots of keeping KC and signing Brunell it looks like they knew Ainge was a problem case for a while.

In all honesty, I have a personal stake in Tim Tebow. I really hope that his personality is genuine and not "for the cameras" because I think he'd be a great example of how you can be famous and have this money/success but know that there's literally more important things to life than this game and its perks, and not be afraid to show it.

If he bombs out, at least we were lucky enough to follow the NFL when Kurt Warner was playing. If there was ever a class act and a man who practiced what he preached, it was him. I hear he's going to be on Dancing with the Stars now.

Tebow isn't as talented as Warner as a pure passer but I'm sure he'll gain the respect of his teammates and the league pretty quickly.

If he bombs out, at least we were lucky enough to follow the NFL when Kurt Warner was playing. If there was ever a class act and a man who practiced what he preached, it was him. I hear he's going to be on Dancing with the Stars now.

Tebow isn't as talented as Warner as a pure passer but I'm sure he'll gain the respect of his teammates and the league pretty quickly.

Tebow's team mates in Denver already like him. they were backing him up during his very short holdout with his contract.

Archived