Round 2...Isiah Thomas

NIGHT STALKER

As long as it's strictly for draft decisions, by all means, Zeke away.

I can't lie Isiah can draft/find talent but he has set this franchise back for years and they are still paying for it....IDK what the hell the Knicks are thinking on this one. Zeke must have some pics of Dolan screwing a goat or something.

I can't lie Isiah can draft/find talent but he has set this franchise back for years and they are still paying for it....IDK what the hell the Knicks are thinking on this one. Zeke must have some pics of Dolan screwing a goat or something. This is some type of cruel joke.

I can't lie Isiah can draft/find talent but he has set this franchise back for years and they are still paying for it....IDK what the hell the Knicks are thinking on this one. Zeke must have some pics of Dolan screwing a goat or something.

I agree that it's a PR nightmare, but so was Jordan ******* Hill.

I agree that it's a PR nightmare, but so was Jordan ******* Hill.

NBA looking into Isiah-Knicks deal

Something just doesn’t smell right about the latest news involving Isiah Thomas. It’s rather fishy, if you ask me.

The Knicks rehired Thomas today as a consultant after firing him as coach and team president two years ago. That’s weird in and of itself, given the disaster that was Zeke’s reign in New York, which culminated in a sexual harassment suit that cost MSG more than $11 million.

The really odd twist is that Thomas is staying on as coach at Florida International. Thomas said he’ll be an evaluator of talent and recruiter for the Knicks. Well, that’s already part of his job with the Golden Panthers, who were 7-25 in Thomas’ first season. Performing those duties for an NBA team as well possibly sets up some serious conflicts of interest.

The league office is definitely interested in this unique arrangement having an NBA employee directly coaching NCAA athletes.

“We are reviewing the agreement, in consultation with the Knicks, for compliance with league rules,” league spokesman Tim Frank said via email.

NBA teams hiring college coaches could open doors the league and the NCAA don’t want open. Let’s say the Lakers wanted to bring on Mike Krzyzewski as a consultant. What would that mean for the Lakers’ knowledge of current Duke players? Would it help “recruit” former players in free agency?

Something tells us this Isiah-Knicks deal doesn’t hold. Stay tuned.

FWIW.

I can not see how the NBA can approve this- this has to be a conflict of interest.

+1

This is all Dolan. New reports state that everyone in the organization was against this but were overruled by Dolan. Dolan had actually ordered Walsh 2 weeks ago to hire Isiah as GM but Walsh refused. So now Dolan hired him as a consultant.

I know it's wrong to say, but something bad needs to happen to Dolan if there will ever be hope for Knick fans.

You don't get it. The pictures he has are of Dolan screwing him.

Isiah likes to put that on his resume, but the facts don't bear out.

Isiah's BEST draft picks are glorified JAGs. Seriously. He never drafted a premier player. David Lee was his best pick and that was after he screwed up the earlier pick in selecting Channing Frye.

Isiah spins, "I don't draft utter crap" to "I'm a good drafter/talent evaluator!"

The Jordan Hill pick sucked for Walsh, but he did turn that into a 2nd max room cap space. Isiah can never say that.

Isiah is an abortion of an NBA executive and it is only the fact that Dolan is the anti-Christ of sports that he is still affiliated with the Knicks.

Isiah likes to put that on his resume, but the facts don't bear out.

Isiah's BEST draft picks are glorified JAGs. Seriously. He never drafted a premier player. David Lee was his best pick and that was after he screwed up the earlier pick in selecting Channing Frye.

Isiah spins, "I don't draft utter crap" to "I'm a good drafter/talent evaluator!"

The Jordan Hill pick sucked for Walsh, but he did turn that into a 2nd max room cap space. Isiah can never say that.

Isiah is an abortion of an NBA executive and it is only the fact that Dolan is the anti-Christ of sports that he is still affiliated with the Knicks.

Two other things-if Thomas is such a great judge fo talent, why was he giving huge contracts usually bidding against himself to the likes of Jarrod Jeffries, Eddy Curry and Stephon Marbury, and givinga way lottery picks to do so? If he was such a great draft guru, why did he get rid of those picks(and not lottery-protect them in Fatty Curry's case) for a bunch fo has beens, fruitcakes and losers?

As to this "young players look up to him". He's over 50; none of these guys saw him play. If players look up to anyone it's Michael Jordan, and he hasn't proved to be any better at getting FAs to sign with his teams. And further, Jordan HATES Isiah Thomas with the hot passion of 10,000 suns. As does Larry Bird and almost any other HoFer you could name.

Shame is Walsh was lining up either Allan Houston or Chris Mullin to be GM. Both seem like sharp smart guys. Instead they get Isiah II, which is bizarre.

Boggles the mind. That said, I do believe that he's a decent talent evaluator in drafting. But he makes too much of that in his Machevelian manuevering.

Who cares though? He's not the GM. He won't be signing players or making trades. For some reason people are forgetting that this is the exact position he held during Walsh's first year and he was heavily involved in the Gallo pick. You know, the guy you love and think is awesome? The first year he's completely not involved in the draft process, they blow such a monumental pick insofar as Jennings is the exact type of player that Thomas would have drafted. It's that obvious. That's really all I care about.

That being said, I don't see how this doesn't violate the rules. They're pretty clear on when NBA staff members can and can't contact high school players, which is kind of a big part of being a college coach. This basically gives the Knicks a head start on high schoolers and underclassmen.

Good news the PR disaster will strengthen Walsh's hand. Which means either Allan Houston or Christ Mullin-both smart, well-respected and classy guys-will be brought on board to be Walsh's heir.

Dolan could still eff this up because he is still James Dolan.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived