Mangold knows he won't get a new deal until after the season

Jetfan13

Mangold's taking a significant risk. Really not a smart play on his part. But for Revis, he'd be taking a larger gamble. Mangold could suffer a torn ACL, and probably bounce back to being a top NFL center. The same injury to Revis would drop his value to a fraction of what it is now, as he'd be unlikely to ever be the same player again.

And also for the 1,000,000th time, the Aso money demand is a negotiating stance. The Jets haven't offered Revis even second tier money yet after they came to him offering to do a new deal.

And also for the 1,000,000th time, the Aso money demand is a negotiating stance. The Jets haven't offered Revis even second tier money yet after they came to him offering to do a new deal.

where is the proof of this??

Mangold's taking a significant risk. Really not a smart play on his part. But for Revis, he'd be taking a larger gamble. Mangold could suffer a torn ACL, and probably bounce back to being a top NFL center. The same injury to Revis would drop his value to a fraction of what it is now, as he'd be unlikely to ever be the same player again.

You do realize the hypocrisy in your stance here, right? Every word that comes out in these reports that even hints at the Jets being in the wrong or possibly trying to pull one over is taken as gospel, but anything that comes out painting Revis in a poor light is automatically cast aside as untrue, even those words which come directly from the mouth of Revis. I don't get it. If you think that Revis is right and should hold out for however many excessive millions of dollars he thinks he deserves then so be it, that's your opinion, but then accept the fact that he is on record with his demands, and they are to an extent that many seem to find ridiculous.

I honestly don't think anything more can be added to the Revis discussion. We just have to wait for the thread that says he's coming back for $$$, or see ya next year.

Every possible angle has been scrutinized by people not in the know, myself included. There is a whole roster of Jet players out their right now working towards our goal to win a SB. I'm so tired and Darrelle being brought up in every single discussion, again I'm guilty of that.

This is what players used to want to do, test the FA waters because they get a much better deal, just ask Aso. It's not a insane move, if every player went out there thinking he'd be hurt then her would get hurt.

You do realize the hypocrisy in your stance here, right? Every word that comes out in these reports that even hints at the Jets being in the wrong or possibly trying to pull one over is taken as gospel, but anything that comes out painting Revis in a poor light is automatically cast aside as untrue, even those words which come directly from the mouth of Revis. I don't get it. If you think that Revis is right and should hold out for however many excessive millions of dollars he thinks he deserves then so be it, that's your opinion, but then accept the fact that he is on record with his demands, and they are to an extent that many seem to find ridiculous.

Yeah, I see the hypocrisy all right.

I just think people are way too quick to vilify the greedy bitch punk-a$$ Revis, while accepting every word coming out of the Jets camp as gospel - despite the fact that we know Tanny lies to the press on a daily basis as part of his job.

Yeah, I see the hypocrisy all right.

I just think people are way too quick to vilify the greedy bitch punk-a$$ Revis, while accepting every word coming out of the Jets camp as gospel - despite the fact that we know Tanny lies to the press on a daily basis as part of his job.

FWIW, I dont even listen to the reports and dont care about the he said she said b.s. All I need to know about punk a$$ Mevi$, he's displayed on his own with his actions and words.

He's awesome! And I highly doubt he will ever duplicate last season...I think that Football Outsiders interview explained this well. You have to expect a drop off. He might be lights out still, but doing what he did last season is going to be very tough to duplicate. And as great of a season as it was, his team was still 9-7 and need a team to lay down to make the playoffs.

1) he doesn't have to be as good as 2010 he just has to be much better than Lowery

2) 9-7 with Revis... 7-9 without him? 6-10?

1) he doesn't have to be as good as 2010 he just has to be much better than Lowery

2) 9-7 with Revis... 7-9 without him? 6-10?

Man...holding Mevi$ to the standard of being much better than Lowery is really putting it out there. And we are 2 wins better with Mevi$ than without? Damn...how are the Jets going to survive without this guy? Cant believe they havent got the deal done when you look at from this perspective.

:huh:

Man...holding Mevi$ to the standard of being much better than Lowery is really putting it out there. And we are 2 wins better with Mevi$ than without? Damn...how are the Jets going to survive without this guy? Cant believe they havent got the deal done when you look at from this perspective.

:huh:

A part of me is starting to hope that Revis sits out the year, the Jets have the number one defense and win the Super Bowl and Revis blows any leverage he had.

A part of me is starting to hope that Revis sits out the year, the Jets have the number one defense and win the Super Bowl and Revis blows any leverage he had.

Actually, this scenario is approaching my biggest wish for the year right now.

I love when sh*t gets thrown back into players faces like this who think they are bigger than the team. Kind of like when the POS Tiki Barber came out blasting everything about the Giants the year after he retired...calling out Manning, Coughlin and the entire organization...then they went on to win the SB. I hate the Giants, but it was awesome that it happened like that to a true POS.

Actually, this scenario is approaching my biggest wish for the year right now.

I love when sh*t gets thrown back into players faces like this who think they are bigger than the team. Kind of like when the POS Tiki Barber came out blasting everything about the Giants the year after he retired...calling out Manning, Coughlin and the entire organization...then they went on to win the SB. I hate the Giants, but it was awesome that it happened like that to a true POS.

That brought new meaning to the saying "the best revenge is living well."

The Giants handled Tiki's blathering with class and then went on about their business and won without his whiny bitch a$$.

Archived