Woody says NO to Mevi$

Kentucky Jet

No, but that has absolutely nothing to do with it.

The Saints are the Saints.

The Jets are the Jets.

Two completely different entities.

And the jets will win a SB if revis gets everything he wants? It doesn't matter who the QB is or anyone else, revis is that good/

LOL

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It certainly improves the odds.

Do you want to win it all in 2010?

Yes, but if they don't I'd like to have a chance down the road.

Giving into MEvi$ would do more bad than good long term.

No matter how much you refuse to acknowledge that, will not make it go away!

I'd like to say I'm proud of Woody in this situation.

He's putting the team first. Thats what this is all about Mevi$ is trying to be bigger than the team. Woody is trying to build a championship caliber team that is competitive for years to come. Crippling your cap for one player is not a wise business decision. He's said that the offers Mevi$ agent is offering is not team friendly. NY Jets >>>> Mevi$.

I think Woody is playing this perfectly.

A one year contract is completely one sided in Revis favor. He gets guaranteed money and can walk next year.

your right.i dont think i typed that right.what i meant to say is rework his 3 years giving him more money this year,but still control his rights for year 2 and 3

I'd like to say I'm proud of Woody in this situation.

He's putting the team first. Thats what this is all about Mevi$ is trying to be bigger than the team. Woody is trying to build a championship caliber team that is competitive for years to come. Crippling your cap for one player is not a wise business decision. He's said that the offers Mevi$ agent is offering is not team friendly. NY Jets >>>> Mevi$.

I think Woody is playing this perfectly.

You like Woody whoring himself on ESPN?

I hear you, but do you think there's anyone in that locker room that doesn't respect what Revis does on the field or in his preparation? If this was Kerry Rhodes holding out, it would be a different story. But, by all accounts, Revis has always been a team-first guy who throws his body around, plays hurt and never complains. Every player saw what happened to Alan Faneca and Leon Washington over the past few months. They know they have to get as much guaranteed money as they can right away, because if their foot gets stuck in the turf, or they have a drop-off in play in a Hall of Fame career, they're getting chucked. Darrelle's holdout, assuming he doesn't miss any games, won't affect the team's chances one iota, imo.

Disregarding his initial rookie holdout, there's only a couple of players, as far as going about their business and being a team player, whom I respect more than Revis. As long as he makes it on the field for opening week than I will continue to do so.

*I will add the stipulation that if he misses time due to unreasonable contract demands, such as 15+ million per when 13 would have gotten the deal done, I will consider him just a money chaser. I understand going for the big pay day, but if the big pay day is unreasonable and hurtful towards the teams' future, than that'll just fall under greed on my account.

You like Woody whoring himself on ESPN?

How do you know he's whoring himself and he was asked to do an interview? And even if he is, he's playing fire with fire. Mevi$ used the media to state his case, why shouldnt Woody return the favor?

How do you know he's whoring himself and he was asked to do an interview? And even if he is, he's playing fire with fire. Mevi$ used the media to state his case, why shouldnt Woody return the favor?

Revis hasnt been seen or heard from in over a month.

Owner Woody Johnson not optimistic that Darrelle Revis will play for Jets in 2010 »

By Manish Mehta

Updated: 6:30 pm.

CORTLAND --- Darrelle Revis may not play for the Jets this season.

On a day when Rex Ryan admitted the Jets are preparing to play without Revis, owner Woody Johnson said that he doesn't think the All-Pro cornerback will play for the team this season.

Asked whether he believed that a new deal could be reached before the start of the season, Johnson simply said: "The answer is no."

“My impression is no progress,” the owner said. “(They way) Mike characterized it with me, there’s no movement whatsoever…. Nothing new and different, as they say in marketing.”

Johnson took it a step further in an interview with ESPN's E:60 program, a team official confirmed. Asked whether he thought Revis would play for the Jets in 2010, Johnson said, "My gut feeling is, I would say no."

This to me is a clear sign that if Revis can get the money from another team and the Jets can get value he will be dealt.

He didn't say Revis will not be playing football he said he doubts he will be playing for the Jets in 2010.

now do still think i am "stupid"

I never thought you were stupid, I commented that the situation was breeding stupid comments in reply to reading the 1 year deal idea.

Which would be stupid, I see you amended that comment with what you really were thinking and no I don't think that would be stupid.

2 years ago his tweets were filled with thug turdness. I will admit he's come along way.

There is more to life than twitter, regardless of what he was tweeting he was not doing anything all that "thug turd" as far as I recall.

This to me is a clear sign that if Revis can get the money from another team and the Jets can get value he will be dealt.

He didn't say Revis will not be playing football he said he doubts he will be playing for the Jets in 2010.

Trading Revis is stupid. Why give some other team the best CB in the league for a bunch of crappy draft picks or a sub par player?

I never thought you were stupid, I commented that the situation was breeding stupid comments in reply to reading the 1 year deal idea.

Which would be stupid, I see you amended that comment with what you really were thinking and no I don't think that would be stupid.

cool.and i will try to re-read before i hit the add reply button.

Trading Revis is stupid. Why give some other team the best CB in the league for a bunch of crappy draft picks or a sub par player?

with all due respect,some of those "crappy draft picks"turned into players like mangold,revis,harris,brick,sanchez,greene,and keller.with some exceptions(gholston and clemens)tanny and clinksdale have proven to do "damage" in the draft

Archived