Santonio Holmes

Integrity28

Anyone else notice that this guy was open constantly?

Can you all imagine what this offense will be like with Holmes getting open at will... Braylon drawing help from a safety... Cotch's reliable routes and hands... and options like LT, Keller and Brad Smith???

Holy crap, at the risk of sounding like a homer... we could very easily have a top 3 defense, and a top 10 offense (especially when you consider how much our offense is going to be on the field, thanks to our D).

I think that Holmes is going to prove to be the most impactful player we added this offseason... I'd go so far as to say that if he remains a Jet and plays to his fullest potential.

The trade for him could end up being one of, if not THE, best transaction in the history of the Jets franchise...

Yes. I am a fan.

Can you all imagine what this offense will be like with Holmes getting open at will... Braylon drawing help from a safety... Cotch's reliable routes and hands... and options like LT, Keller and Brad Smith???

Holy crap, at the risk of sounding like a homer... we could very easily have a top 3 defense, and a top 10 offense (especially when you consider how much our offense is going to be on the field, thanks to our D).

I think that Holmes is going to prove to be the most impactful player we added this offseason... I'd go so far as to say that if he remains a Jet and plays to his fullest potential.

The trade for him could end up being one of, if not THE, best transaction in the history of the Jets franchise...

Yes. I am a fan.

You can't get too excited yet, he faced the 2nd and 3rd D for the most part. That being said, he's the most talented #10 we've had in 10 years :P

You can't get too excited yet, he faced the 2nd and 3rd D for the most part. That being said, he's the most talented #10 we've had in 10 years :P

+1

Although he did manage to make Kellen Clemens look good. That should count for something no matter who they were playing.

Holmes is a must keep.

Edwards I can live without. The guy drops way too many balls.

This offense has the potential to be realy damn good with Holmes, Cotch, Edwards and Coles for WR's. Keller at TE and the Running game.

Sanchez has a really nice balance of weapons.

It not like he's an unknown commodity... my comments are more about him looking like he's committed. His routes were top notch.

Of course, I like Holmes but lets get real here.

He was the best player everytime he stepped on the field because he was playing against No. 2s and 3s. It was an unfair matchup.

Ultimately, the CBA may decide what happens with Holmes. Edwards will be a true UFA next year regardless of whether there is a new CBA or not becayse he'll have 6 yrs accrued. Santonio may be a RFA depending on the rules so he'd be tendered at a 1st & 3rd.

I don't think he'll get a long term deal unless he's will to take slightly above Cotchery money.

Of course, I like Holmes but lets get real here.

He was the best player everytime he stepped on the field because he was playing against No. 2s and 3s. It was an unfair matchup.

Ultimately, the CBA may decide what happens with Holmes. Edwards will be a true UFA next year regardless of whether there is a new CBA or not becayse he'll have 6 yrs accrued. Santonio may be a RFA depending on the rules so he'd be tendered at a 1st & 3rd.

I don't think he'll get a long term deal unless he's will to take slightly above Cotchery money.

I doubt a new CBA will keep 6th year FA's as RFA's. The union won't - and shouldn't - agree to that. I think it was only in there for this year as an additional pressure-incentive from those players to get the union to agree to a new CBA by the start of the 2010 season. Didn't work, and 5th and 6th year free agents really got screwed.

Holmes is a must keep.

This offense has the potential to be realy damn good with Holmes, Cotch, Edwards and Coles for WR's. Keller at TE and the Running game.

It was the first preseason game...I'm not even sure Holmes started. He must keep his balls off the internet and his head out of his a$$ first.

This board's opinion of Edwards should be drastically different by the end of those 4 games Holmes will be missing because he can't act grown.

Holmes is a must keep.

I wouldnt be too lax about just throwing away Edwards like that. Edwards may drop a ball here and there, but I've never seen him cost us a game. I've seen him make some of the most spectacular catches that most NFL WR's couldnt pull in.

Maybe we should cut the dude some slack, because he does show up for work and puts his all in. I can live with that as a Jet fan.

However, Holmes WAS looking sick on the field. He was not just open, but WIDE open. His route running is going to be something that we can depend on for sure.

Yes. I am a fan.

I told Holmes via Twitter a while back that this trade could go down as the biggest steal in NFL history and he liked it so much he RT'ed it. This could be as big as Nolan Ryan for Jim Fergosi big

I wouldnt be too lax about just throwing away Edwards like that. Edwards may drop a ball here and there, but I've never seen him cost us a game. I've seen him make some of the most spectacular catches that most NFL WR's couldnt pull in.

Maybe we should cut the dude some slack, because he does show up for work and puts his all in. I can live with that as a Jet fan.

However, Holmes WAS looking sick on the field. He was not just open, but WIDE open. His route running is going to be something that we can depend on for sure.

this...Edwards is my favorite Jet right now-his type of player I've been wishing for ever since Keyshawn went to Tampa Bay

I told Holmes via Twitter a while back that this trade could go down as the biggest steal in NFL history and he liked it so much he RT'ed it. This could be as big as Nolan Ryan for Jim Fergosi big

Holmes first 2 or 3 day on the Jets you can tell from his Twitter account that he was still in shock. That tweet could have been moment that he realized he left a place that was going down for a place that was going up. Thanks SoFla.

Holmes first 2 or 3 day on the Jets you can tell from his Twitter account that he was still in shock. That tweet could have been moment that he realized he left a place that was going down for a place that was going up. Thanks SoFla.

yea you're absolutely right about that J-bro. Remember how he wouldn't even respond to us Jets fans at first?

Archived