Namath on 1050 ESPN

mark6sanchez

Just said Sanchez don't have enough experience to take the Jets to a Superbowl win. I don't know if I agree w/Joe, if they can keep Sanchez under 25 pass attempts + a great running game & defense I think we could get at least get to the big game... but the interview was great...Joe was very candid. ..he will be one every Thursday this season.

P.S. Thanks Fat mike/wfan for chasing me to discover a better more Jet friendly radio station.

I agree, i think most of the pressure will rest squarely on the shoulders of our defense with the running game coming in at a close second. The question should be whether or not Sanchez inexperienced enough to prevent a SB title and I think the answer is no! I suppose time will tell.

I don't know, but SJ does it and he's pretty old.

--Protecting-the-world-against-ageism man.

Not as "old" as me...when we start judging people on their thought process and experience because of their wardrobe, we are in deep doo doo...personally, I think we are anyway (deep doo doo), but that's for another forum which isn't allowed on JN...thank god!

Just said Sanchez don't have enough experience to take the Jets to a Superbowl win. I don't know if I agree w/Joe, if they can keep Sanchez under 25 pass attempts + a great running game & defense I think we could get at least get to the big game... but the interview was great...Joe was very candid. ..he will be one every Thursday this season.

P.S. Thanks Fat mike/wfan for chasing me to discover a better more Jet friendly radio station.

Joe is right and Im glad he finally came to his senses.

Last AFCC, he was calling Sanchez a Great QB, like Manning. :rolleyes:

He knows that we have a good shot this season...otherwise why would he waste his time doing this?...ironic because he doesn't think we can win with Sanchez's lack of experience.

They played an excerpt from the interview on the news. Totally agree with Joe.

Sanchez has been the Jets' QB for 19 games, with no year in between to learn the offense from the bench. His mastery of the position is sure to grow this year, and I have no doubt he will delight us all in spots during the season.

But over the years, it seems that for most good QB's, that third year is when they enter their prime years-when they become really dangerous in key situations. Until Sanchez hits that third year at least, the defense will have a tremendous burden to carry if we are to reach the SuperBowl.

We dont need Sanchez to be a "Peyton Manning" or a "Drew Brees". It would be REAL nice, but he doesn't need to be on their level yet. With this defense (and thats inclduing Revi$), we only need Sanchez to a "game manager'. Slow things down and make simple yet smart decisions. A 6 yard dump pass keeps the Jets offense on the field longer and the opposing team offense off the field. Its real hard to get points on the board if your offense is sitting on the bench waiting to play.

I agree with Joe that Sanchez is not a Superbowl Caliber QB yet, But I DO NOT agree with him that we cant win a superbowl this year or the next.

So, though it would be nice if Sanchez was able to play at the level Peyton and Brees are at,we need to be realistic here. He's not there yet. He may be that good one day, but lets play to our strengths. Defense.

Archived