Revis Trade Ideas

Mistalava

I am interested in what the JN cognoscenti think MEvi$ is worth in a trade -- realistic or not. Too late for this season, but I would gladly deal MEvi$ and the Sanchise to the Bears for Cutler and picks. The Bears have no OL and a weak receiving group. Cutler would thrive with our offensive pieces.

Trade him for a draft pick that can give us a shot at Jake Locker. If DET and STL have the first two picks next year they aint taking QBs again.

We're not drafting a 1st or 2nd round QB anytime soon. The day we do, Rex Ryan will no longer be a part of this football team.

No team is going to agree to a trade without a contract in place first.

Definitely. Not only that, the Jets would want a player or players that will make an immediate impact. I don't know if they would want that now when the season opener is less than two weeks. I also doubt that the Jets would want draft picks. The way teams are paying rookies these days, you might as well pay Revis.

I also doubt that the Jets would want draft picks. The way teams are paying rookies these days, you might as well pay Revis.

Maybe, maybe not. The number one issue for the owners isn't an 18 game season, it is getting rookie contracts under control. So next years rookies may not be that expensive.

I read that Davis offer BB either a 2010 or 2011 1st rounder for Seymour and BB choose the 2011 on the idea that he expects it to be cheaper to sign 1st round players drafted in 2011.

The Bear's OL is nothing short of a sieve -- different story with our OL and receivers.

But the Broncos line wasn't. The year before he went to Chicago he was the least-sacked QB in the NFL in terms of sack rate (and that 1.75% sack rate then ranked as the 7th-best mark in football history) yet he threw the 2nd-most interceptions in the league.

He's talented enough, but the guy is clearly an interception machine. Hey, he's a gunslinger so it goes with the territory. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Maybe, maybe not. The number one issue for the owners isn't an 18 game season, it is getting rookie contracts under control. So next years rookies may not be that expensive.

I read that Davis offer BB either a 2010 or 2011 1st rounder for Seymour and BB choose the 2011 on the idea that he expects it to be cheaper to sign 1st round players drafted in 2011.

If there's football in 2011.

If there's football in 2011.

If not, that pick will be even cheaper.

I am thinking there will be some football in 2011, but possibly not whole season.

I would assume if there is no football in 2011 but football in 2012, than there will be both a 2011 and 2012 draft and even absent a rookie wage cap, there would be strong downward pressure on salaries, if you have 14 rookies draftees - 2 of first round caliber, then it is not as bad for a team to have one of them holdout indefinitely as it has been in the past.

Archived