Jets should have very strong team chemistry. All Jets fans please read this!!

ARodJetsFan

Jets fans everywhere (Myself included) need to realize that this Jets team will be special. It's time for this entire fanbase to get out of same old Jets skepticism & negativity and realize that the Jets have something special this season.

I'm telling you here and now the Jets have to gel together and have a strong team chemistry to win what we all think they can win which is the superbowl.

I don't care what anybody says about our individual players, including Mark Sanchez, we have enough talent at every skill position to win a superbowl, no question in my mind.

Winning a superbowl hinges as much on chemistry, leadership and intangables as it does on player talent. We need a strong unwaivering team chemistry and I think the Jets will have it soon, if they don't have it already.

Couple of key events have already taken place this off-season that form the foundation of very strong team chemistry.

1) Getting Brick & Mangold extended - 2 guys that were verbal (at some point) about their futures, 2 of the "core four" were taken care of - not to mention, the heart of the O-Line.

2) A much improved secondary - I think it was pretty apparent to anybody that watched the AFC championship game last year, the Jets weak link was the secondary - NOT Mark Sanchez who actually played an excellent game is the biggest game of his life. Kyle Wilson, Antonio Cromartie & Brodney Pool as well as the general improvement of the secondary & the defense as a whole in year 2 of Rex & Pettine's defense should be readily apparent.

3) Tony Richardson staying on the roster - This may seem insignificant to most, but, T-Rich is an emotional leader and is LOVED in the Jets lockerroom. I would go so far as to call T-Rich the cement that holds the emotional foundation of this team together - not to mention that T-Rich can still play very well - despite being 37.

4) Rex, Tanny & Woody going the extra mile to get Revis signed - Revis makes 3 of the core 4 extended this off-season leaving only David Harris remaining. Harris has been very understanding about his contract situation and the biggest reason he has not been extended is not because the Jets don't want him - they want him very much, but rather because he was a 2nd round pick which makes the 30% rule a bigger factor in trying to get an extension done for him. Harris and the Jets F.O. realize that handling Harris's deal this upcoming off-season will make it more managable to compensate Harris fairly. Revis IS A BIG TEAM LEADER ON DEFENSE. I could sense a change in the team's vibe when Revis reported to camp, you could see it on Hard Knocks and I think you could even sense the confidence and optimism from the players when they were interviewed about Revis's return. Having Revis back and signed to a much more amicable contract extension rewarding him for his production and Rex, Tanny & Woody really going out & getting Revis & bringing him back instead of flipping him the bird (and basically saying F' Revis and his contract demands - which they could have easily done) I think will prove to be the icing on the cake and really solidify this teams psyche & chemistry.

This will be a very special season for all of us I think.

Great post. I am of the belief that we should enjoy what we have until there is a reason not to. This is the most fun I've had as a fan since Parcells in 98 and honestly I think this is more enjoyable.

I'm a glass half full guy. Thanks for the positive thread.

GO JETS!!!!!!

4) Rex, Tanny & Woody going the extra mile to get Revis signed - Revis makes 3 of the core 4 extended this off-season leaving only David Harris remaining. Harris has been very understanding about his contract situation and the biggest reason he has not been extended is not because the Jets don't want him - they want him very much, but rather because he was a 2nd round pick which makes the 30% rule a bigger factor in trying to get an extension done for him. Harris and the Jets F.O. realize that handling Harris's deal this upcoming off-season will make it more managable to compensate Harris fairly. Revis IS A BIG TEAM LEADER ON DEFENSE. I could sense a change in the team's vibe when Revis reported to camp, you could see it on Hard Knocks and I think you could even sense the confidence and optimism from the players when they were interviewed about Revis's return. Having Revis back and signed to a much more amicable contract extension rewarding him for his production and Rex, Tanny & Woody really going out & getting Revis & bringing him back instead of flipping him the bird (and basically saying F' Revis and his contract demands - which they could have easily done) I think will prove to be the icing on the cake and really solidify this teams psyche & chemistry.

This will be a very special season for all of us I think.

You got that out of 2 minutes or air time? ;)

I don't know about that, but I do know that Revis, Cro and a healthy Jenkins give this team a legitimate chance to be a top 5 defense of all time, which would have us right there.

Archived