Sanchez afraid to throw it, and Rex/Schotty afraid to let him

CTM

Real easy to say that now.

That really would have bothered you that much? If theyre gonna be terrified all year of him throwing a pick and as fans thats what were gonna worry about Im sorry but theyre not gonna be able to do sh*t. It's gonna happen, he's gonna throw picks...hopefully not 20! haha

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were playing to win that game by one point. It wont be the same againt New England, it was obvious what kind of game that was going to be. Sanchez didn't really do anything to kill us and if not for stupid penalties we win that game easily (Don't forget the GREAT throw downfield to Keller). Also, Dustin Keller was so scared of Ray Lewis that he ran like a bitch to the sidelines, he EASILY could have picked up that first down.

Oh and Cromartie sucks and although I like Wilson, he had a rough game.

Yes, because Francessa is so locked into the Jets inner circle. :rolleyes:

LOL, Kleck, don't be so dense.

CTM is making a joke. He starts a thread on a proposition which Francesca on air agrees with. CTM doesn't want to agree with Francesca, thus, he says he has to rethink his position.

I think Schotty told him that.

That was an offensive gameplan designed for one purpose - don't throw a pick, plain and simple. If the QB is not even setting his feet it's probably because he's been coached to expect a heavy pass rush and to dump the ball off to protect himself.

Mike, I can't blame the kid because I saw him sling it all over the place in college. I saw him stand in the pocket with unbelievable presence for the first three weeks last year and make one third down pass after another with a less talented receiving corps. Then he got walloped by New Orleans and the coaching staff went into over-protect mode and really haven't come out of it yet.

I've also seen this same offense run by three other QBs and its been the same damn thing.

Don't forget that he had a pretty darn good YPC last year, I believe someone else said it was top 3. Also remember how poised and effective he was in the playoffs last year. If Braylon banana hands doesn't drop some easy TD passes, Sanchez' stats are even more impressive and who knows, maybe the Jets hold on to beat the Colts. Probably not, but it could have made a difference at least psychologically. I've seen Peyton come back from worse, but in the past I've seen Peyton give up when down by a lot at half time too.

I refuse to blame Sanchez. There's a common denominator here. That doesn't mean Sanchez can't be at fault either, but it does mean you at least get rid of the lowest common denominator first before attacking the other alleged problem. I bet a good third of the NFL would jump at getting Sanchez to start for them.

Don't forget that he had a pretty darn good YPC last year, I believe someone else said it was top 3. Also remember how poised and effective he was in the playoffs last year. If Braylon banana hands doesn't drop some easy TD passes, Sanchez' stats are even more impressive and who knows, maybe the Jets hold on to beat the Colts. Probably not, but it could have made a difference at least psychologically. I've seen Peyton come back from worse, but in the past I've seen Peyton give up when down by a lot at half time too.

I refuse to blame Sanchez. There's a common denominator here. That doesn't mean Sanchez can't be at fault either, but it does mean you at least get rid of the lowest common denominator first before attacking the other alleged problem. I bet a good third of the NFL would jump at getting Sanchez to start for them.

that was me..

but... he was succesful in the playoffs cause we ran at will on sh*tty run defenses (until shonn grene got hurt, and then sanchez did nothing).. if we had run last night, he'd have been succesfull.. Just like i told that bird brain klecko 2 weeks ago, it was very likely he'd struggle on Monday cause we wouldn't be able to run at will... at this point, sanchez's ability to be competant is 100% tied to the running game.

Then why do you want us to give him the green light in a game where we can't run?

To add: my preference would be to run similiar to Coryell offense.. Pound the ball, throw deep a ton to keep defense honest (and sanchex is decent at deep pass) and mix in some first read mid range routes w/quick instructions to dump off to outlets if not there there + a healthy dose of screens/flat work to backs/keller

it's inexcusable to me, how tight that crew is known to call a game that we didn't make a play for some PI

So he can't play if we can't run, we couldn't run, and letting him throw is going to make it better? Make sense pls.

If he took shots he'd hit some of them, at the expense of some turnovers.. Also would've opened up ground game

we we're on their side of the field all game so who gives a sh*t

If Sanchez is less jumpy on Monday night then Edwards would have had a TD catch in the first quarter. He broke free from his man in the endzone...Sanchez throws the ball in his general direction...Unfortunately the kid has already decided that there's no hope in this play so it's WAY over Edwards' head...so therefore Edwards' stats coulda been better if Sanchez didn't suck.

Also, what an excellent playcall that would have been.

Instead it was an incomplete pass, most people forgot it, and we only got 3 points. The coordinator takes the blame. The sheer idiocy in all this never fails to blow my mind.

If Sanchez is less jumpy on Monday night then Edwards would have had a TD catch in the first quarter. He broke free from his man in the endzone...Sanchez throws the ball in his general direction...Unfortunately the kid has already decided that there's no hope in this play so it's WAY over Edwards' head...so therefore Edwards' stats coulda been better if Sanchez didn't suck.

Also, what an excellent playcall that would have been.

Instead it was an incomplete pass, most people forgot it, and we only got 3 points. The coordinator takes the blame. The sheer idiocy in all this never fails to blow my mind.

So in your little make believe world, you now apparently think all of Braylon's drops are somebody else's fault, and Brian Schottenheimer, who's offenses generally finish 22 out of 32, is the second coming of Bill Walsh?

Well yeah, of course your mind would be blown. A lot. Like all the time. I'm sure whenever someone tells you "gravity causes objects to fall to the ground" that blows your mind too, because it's obvious the ground is rushing up to meet those objects.

Archived