Randy Starks

Ghost

This guy just scares me. I think controlling him will be one of the keys to the game. We have to figure something out because he will destroy Slauson if they go up against eachother. He had 7 sacks last year which is great for a defensive lineman in a 3-4.

Cameron Wake has also had a sack in both games thus far and forced a fumble against the Vikings that I believe resulted in a touchdown. To be honest with you, those are the only two guys I'm worried about.

We take their pass rush out of the game by running on them with LT and Greene.

Speaking of Greene, are you guys dissapointed with him so far? I know he barely carried the ball int he 1st game after a couple of fumbles and the guy has single handily ruined me in fantasy football, but this was supposed to be THE GUY this year.

Speaking of Greene, are you guys dissapointed with him so far? I know he barely carried the ball int he 1st game after a couple of fumbles and the guy has single handily ruined me in fantasy football, but this was supposed to be THE GUY this year.

I was with the first game, the second game he was ok.

I'm not man. Kid is only in his second year and actually started slow last year too. He came on in the playoffs and Im comfortable with him progressing as the year go's on. He was actually fumble free and ran ok last game. LT has new life and hopefully Greene and another back could help us keep him fresh for late season which is tuff with an older back.

The whole front 7 worries me...the year before Starks got his sacks Langford showed he could get his share too...If there's one unit I envy on the Dolphins it's that DL. Starks was a big time FA steal...they got him in shape and reaped the benefits for a really talented 300+ pounder.

The whole front 7 worries me...the year before Starks got his sacks Langford showed he could get his share too...If there's one unit I envy on the Dolphins it's that DL. Starks was a big time FA steal...they got him in shape and reaped the benefits for a really talented 300+ pounder.

+1

That’s the type runner Greene is. 3.5-4.0 YPC power back. Thing is he is quick and shifty enough that every other game or so he’ll rip off a 40-50 yarder.

Guess he’s due for like 2 on Sunday

I think you'll see Greene's best production later in the season. Last year, the Jets used Jones early and often, and when he broke down, Greene was there with fresh legs beating up on fatigued defenses. No knock on Greene there, lots of runners will struggle early on in the season against a good run D like the Ravens and even one like the Pats when everyone is in great playing shape.

However, as the Jets squeeze every bit of juice they can out of LT the next few weeks, the odds that he wears down will increase and the Jets will start to rely more and more on Greene. You'll see him start to break the big runs then.

This guy just scares me. I think controlling him will be one of the keys to the game. We have to figure something out because he will destroy Slauson if they go up against eachother. He had 7 sacks last year which is great for a defensive lineman in a 3-4.

Cameron Wake has also had a sack in both games thus far and forced a fumble against the Vikings that I believe resulted in a touchdown. To be honest with you, those are the only two guys I'm worried about.

Then I suggest you plug the tape back in and watch again. Watch for #21 (who has been as good as Nnamdi Asomugha so far) and #32 (who is intercepting footballs and eliminating the vertical game.) You also might want to keep an eye on #58 and #70. Each has played at an all-pro level through two games.

Just so you know who I'm talking about:

21 = Vonte Davis

32 = Jason Allen

58 = Karlos Dansby

70 = Kendall Langford

These guys should all worry you just as much as Cam Wake and Randy Starks.

He's another one of those talented defensive lineman Jeff Fisher acquired out there in Tennessee. He's fresh, hungry and playing tremendous football. He did kick inside this year in a seamless transition to the nose after Jason Ferguson retired and to make room for Jared Odrick, but after Odrick was hurt in the opener, we've gone with Starks back at 5 technique and Paul Soliai is manning the nose except in nickle situations where Starks rotates in and Tony McDaniel is the pass rusing end. Soliai is a similar player to Sidney Pohua for you guys (hope I spelled that right.) Just makes the most of his opportunities when they come and has really been flourishing as of late.

He's another one of those talented defensive lineman Jeff Fisher acquired out there in Tennessee. He's fresh, hungry and playing tremendous football. He did kick inside this year in a seamless transition to the nose after Jason Ferguson retired and to make room for Jared Odrick, but after Odrick was hurt in the opener, we've gone with Starks back at 5 technique and Paul Soliai is manning the nose except in nickle situations where Starks rotates in and Tony McDaniel is the pass rusing end. Soliai is a similar player to Sidney Pohua for you guys (hope I spelled that right.) Just makes the most of his opportunities when they come and has really been flourishing as of late.

When the Dolphins win a game, they're full of All-Pro's ;)

Then I suggest you plug the tape back in and watch again. Watch for #21 (who has been as good as Nnamdi Asomugha so far) and #32 (who is intercepting footballs and eliminating the vertical game.) You also might want to keep an eye on #58 and #70. Each has played at an all-pro level through two games.

Just so you know who I'm talking about:

21 = Vonte Davis

32 = Jason Allen

58 = Karlos Dansby

70 = Kendall Langford

These guys should all worry you just as much as Cam Wake and Randy Starks.

Yeah, I mean, have these Jets fans paid attention at all??? Right now, w/ Revis out, Vontae is the best CB in the division. Dansby's made huge huge plays in his two games so far. Not to mention Langford and Allen. Wow!

Yeah, I mean, have these Jets fans paid attention at all??? Right now, w/ Revis out, Vontae is the best CB in the division. Dansby's made huge huge plays in his two games so far. Not to mention Langford and Allen. Wow!

Send them all to Canton!!!!

HAHAHA! THat's actually really funny!

I also think it's funny that the one good football discussion about the game this Sunday on here turned into a pissing contest.

Yes, well your boy shoulda stfu.

If anyone is to compliment a Dolphins player on a Jets board it's a Jets fan. Starks and Langford really are very good 3-4 DL. The battle between them and our OL is fun to watch.

Nope, that would be Antonio Cromartie.

Cromartie is a bitch! Seriously...I can't believe Jets fans are excited about having him on the team when he is a bitch tackler and gets burned all the time. I can't wait until Sunday night...Fins 31 - Jets 7. Dirty Sanchez sucks; LT is a nice guy but is over the hill and sucks, JT is money but won't do sh!t against the Jake Long...the best LT in the NFL!!!!! You heard it here first...Dolphins will have some tricks up their sleeve re: the Wildcat. Look out for Tyler Thigpen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cromartie is a bitch! Seriously...I can't believe Jets fans are excited about having him on the team when he is a bitch tackler and gets burned all the time. I can't wait until Sunday night...Fins 31 - Jets 7. Dirty Sanchez sucks; LT is a nice guy but is over the hill and sucks, JT is money but won't do sh!t against the Jake Long...the best LT in the NFL!!!!! You heard it here first...Dolphins will have some tricks up their sleeve re: the Wildcat. Look out for Tyler Thigpen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cromartie completely shut down Randy Moss last week. It shouldn't surprise me that you criticize Cromartie in the same breath that you tell us to look out for Tyler Thigpen. lol.

Archived