Shonne Green

jets22

He is still a solid back. But LT is a HoFer, and the Jets are actually a rational team rather than the San Diego Chokers, so it will be hard for Greene to take over the feature role. LT is simply too versatile and too good. He doesn't have the same physical skills he had a few years ago, but that experience he has is so obvious on every down. Mark is still very young and I bet if he really had to choose he'd rather have LT back there right now, just to take the pressure off. Greene can't really do much more than run, whereas LT helps even in the passing game.

I read the same stuff and worse with him last year. Then it was sprinkled with how we wasted picks on him and how, in the first half of his rookie season, he was already declared a bust.

Then those same people were sucking him off later in the season and throughout the playoffs.

I'm just wondering if the 10 lbs he lost are affecting his power. Maybe not. We'll see.

I read the same stuff and worse with him last year. Then it was sprinkled with how we wasted picks on him and how, in the first half of his rookie season, he was already declared a bust.

Then those same people were sucking him off later in the season and throughout the playoffs.

I'm just wondering if the 10 lbs he lost are affecting his power. Maybe not. We'll see.

I know right? He's a damn good RB and we are going to see that before the season is said and done. LT is just the hot hand right now. It amazes me how from week to week people are declared awesome or they suck.

Sanchez has gone from worst QB in the league and a stupid pick to savior in a matter of two weeks. Craaaazy

I know right? He's a damn good RB and we are going to see that before the season is said and done. LT is just the hot hand right now. It amazes me how from week to week people are declared awesome or they suck.

Sanchez has gone from worst QB in the league and a stupid pick to savior in a matter of two weeks. Craaaazy

I think Shonn will be fine. He flashed way too much last year for me to write him off this year. My main concern was would he be able to handle the load for the whole year or would he wear down. With the way we're running our offense though that doesn't look like it'll be a concern.

Still, any updates on his injury would be nice.

I think Shonn will be fine. He flashed way too much last year for me to write him off this year. My main concern was would he be able to handle the load for the whole year or would he wear down. With the way we're running our offense though that doesn't look like it'll be a concern.

Still, any updates on his injury would be nice.

What injury?

Greene had two carries on the last TD drive. LT was the hot hand and got the carries as far as I know

LT is hot so he's getting most of the carries now, but I feel that will help Greene come through since he'll be more fresh later in the season.

Definitely. When teams start wearing down later in the season Greene will be getting the ball and punishing them. I'm not worried about him although I would like to know if he got injured.

He is still a solid back. But LT is a HoFer, and the Jets are actually a rational team rather than the San Diego Chokers, so it will be hard for Greene to take over the feature role. LT is simply too versatile and too good. He doesn't have the same physical skills he had a few years ago, but that experience he has is so obvious on every down. Mark is still very young and I bet if he really had to choose he'd rather have LT back there right now, just to take the pressure off. Greene can't really do much more than run, whereas LT helps even in the passing game.

LT is the man...Good things happen when he's on the field. His blocking made the difference on multiple successful plays last night too. Greene is playing his Lamont Jordan so far...except this coaching staff knows they're actually allowed to use this Jordan.

Greene was running hard before he pulled up lame...his durability is still in question.

I guess you guys are forgetting this is his 2nd year and 1st year starting. We need Greene and he will step up when it matters most. Anyone who thinks he's not good or he's useless is just plain stupid. Wait until December comes when we can't throw the ball like we have been. We're going to have to pount the ball and Greene and LT are the guys to do it.

I think to be concerned about Greene is valid. We dont honestly know if he was a flash in the pan type back last year. They happen all the time, every season only to never be heard of again.

LT is out playing him, and boy is it good to see because my biggest fear this offseason was that Greene was a flash in the pan and LT was washed up. I know I was wrong about the later.

And I do think continuity on the line is affecting our run game overall.

I guess you guys are forgetting this is his 2nd year and 1st year starting. We need Greene and he will step up when it matters most. Anyone who thinks he's not good or he's useless is just plain stupid. Wait until December comes when we can't throw the ball like we have been. We're going to have to pount the ball and Greene and LT are the guys to do it.

It's not that he isn't good, it's as I said, LT is a HoFer and brings so much to the table. I believe in a pass first offense and having 2 capable RBs, so I definitely like Greene too. There are some games where you can just pound the ball, and when those games happen I hope Greene steps up, I don't really think any RB should be getting 30 carries a game anymore. I like a 20-12 type of split more.

Archived