The Official Miami Heat Road to the Title Thread

dolphann4life

lucky to make it back??? Lmao theres a good chance this is the worst heat team youll see for the next 4 years. They will no doubt be favored in the east next year and probaly the favorites to win it all.

Typical Miami fan - knows nothing and never learns.

Cavs fans thought the same thing a few years ago, pal. As long as Spoelstra is the coach, they field a bunch of stiffs to complement their "stars" (how many minutes did Eddie House play last night?) and LeBron continues to play like a faggot in crunch time, the Heat ain't winning jacksh*t.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cavs fans thought the same thing a few years ago, pal. As long as Spoelstra is the coach, they field a bunch of stiffs to complement their "stars" (how many minutes did Eddie House play last night?) and LeBron continues to play like a faggot in crunch time, the Heat ain't winning jacksh*t.

Comparing the Cavs to the Heat in this situation is a stretch to say the least. Their core is intact and twice as good as anything the Cavs ever produced. I'm all for hating the Heat and I hope they never make it back...really would be sweet...but who in the East is keeping this team from the Finals again? The Bulls? Not a chance, unless they make some major roster changes which will be tough with what they are paying Boozer.

Heat will make it back, but hopefully the West will keep producing someone to make sure it stops right there.

Comparing the Cavs to the Heat in this situation is a stretch to say the least. Their core is intact and twice as good as anything the Cavs ever produced. I'm all for hating the Heat and I hope they never make it back...really would be sweet...but who in the East is keeping this team from the Finals again? The Bulls? Not a chance, unless they make some major roster changes which will be tough with what they are paying Boozer.

Heat will make it back, but hopefully the West will keep producing someone to make sure it stops right there.

Nothing is guaranteed my friend. LeBron could break his vagina and miss all of next year....

I don't think Spoelstra is that big of a problem. The problem is James wilts is really big situations and Wade thinks he's bigger than life itself. If Wade can temper his ego just a little and if James can muster some swagger in the clutch, they should be formidable. However, here's to hoping they create a legacy of choking together!

Joking aside. Dallas' bench is better than Miami's. Dirk plays filthy for a big guy. The Heat showed no heart in the end. None. And, did you see my boy Barea? NU in the house! :)

I don't know about that, Garbolous. They had no clue how to handle a zone despite the fact they have a 4 that can shoot, and they give up how many easy lay-ups to Dirk in final two minutes because of awful defensive rotation and bad substitutions? Any decent college coach can draw up a few plays to beat the zone, even without the benefit of two of the greatest players in the league. Spoelstra was brutal.

lucky to make it back??? Lmao theres a good chance this is the worst heat team youll see for the next 4 years. They will no doubt be favored in the east next year and probaly the favorites to win it all.

And when they gag it up again people will enjoy it even more than this year.

This was the peak of the LBJ Heat... they will never do better than they did this year. They had some lucky and epic performances against the Bulls and came back to earth against the Mavs.

I say OKC-Bulls in the Finals next year.

Gotta wait and see what happens with the CBA, bro. If the Knicks can get Chris Paul and/or Tyson Chandler and the Bulls can rip a decent shooting guard off of some team (Michael Redd?), the Heat could be in trouble, especially if they keep Spoelstra.

Nothing is guaranteed my friend. LeBron could break his vagina and miss all of next year....

I lol'd.

But since we are talking hypothetically...my questions still remains. Who's beating the Heat in the East?

The Bulls dont have the talent. Boston is done. Orlando totally needs to revamp. As much as we'd both love it, we know the Knicks arent there yet and wont be next season either. ATL? Come'on.

The East IMO is going to be the Heats to lose for a long time unfortunately. Which is entirely possible considering but from an on paper hypothetical standpoint, they should have multiple visits to the Finals.

I don't know about that, Garbolous. They had no clue how to handle a zone despite the fact they have a 4 that can shoot, and they give up how many easy lay-ups to Dirk in final two minutes because of awful defensive rotation and bad substitutions? Any decent college coach can draw up a few plays to beat the zone, even without the benefit of two of the greatest players in the league. Spoelstra was brutal.

Brutal is a nice way of putting it. Dude couldn't figure out how to beat once simple guard substitution in the starting lineup. Barea's fun to watch but Chris Paul he ain't.

This was the peak of the LBJ Heat... they will never do better than they did this year. They had some lucky and epic performances against the Bulls and came back to earth against the Mavs.

Your delusion knows no end.

I see that the faux confidence has infected the fans too.

I'd say you were right, but only when I see the Heat grow a heart. Maybe they can go visit the Wizard in the off-season.

LOL They didn't show any heart when comin back and beating chicago in chicago being down by 12 with 3 moinutes to go to clinch a spot in the Finals. You use the "heart" b.s. when it's convienient for you. Dallas was the better team this year.

Really Klecko? Besides hating Miami you truly believe this is the last we heard from the Miami Heat? They have no shot at winning anything? They are not gonna win jack sh*t? They came within 2 wins fo a title in their first year being assembled and there crunch time lineup with Haslem and Miller in it didnt play together till the 96th game of the year. Listen I'm sure everyone is happy, especially here on a NY sports website, but don't be stupid and pretend like the Heat will not contend for a title next year.

+1

LOL They didn't show any heart when comin back and beating chicago in chicago being down by 12 with 3 moinutes to go to clinch a spot in the Finals. You use the "heart" b.s. when it's convienient for you. Dallas was the better team this year.

I have to agree with you here. There is some serious overreacting going on.

I know there were a bunch of people picking the Mavs to win on this site, but the Heat were playing insanely good up till this Final. Their defense against the Bulls was outstanding. And the way they were finishing games was nothing like what we saw against Dallas. It almost like people forget they looked unbeatable coming into this series.

I hate the Heat and LeBron is my least favorite athlete in all of sports, but this was their first season together, they made it to the finals and at one point, they looked unbeatable. I'm all for bashing the Heat at every given chance, but now people are acting like this was a one time show? Come'on. They aint going any where.

Double LOL.

The Bulls and their 62 wins are the true "peak" team this season. That team with Noah's and Boozer's awful contracts won't get better.

LeBron's and the Heat's problem is 2 fold (1) Wade isn't the closer his rep says he is and (2) LeBron is a complimentary player in an Alpha Male role. No matter how much more talent the Heat put around them that won't change.

YEssssssss!! Thanks for commenting and taking the focus off me bud. lol

I lol'd.

But since we are talking hypothetically...my questions still remains. Who's beating the Heat in the East?

The Bulls dont have the talent. Boston is done. Orlando totally needs to revamp. As much as we'd both love it, we know the Knicks arent there yet and wont be next season either. ATL? Come'on.

The East IMO is going to be the Heats to lose for a long time unfortunately. Which is entirely possible considering but from an on paper hypothetical standpoint, they should have multiple visits to the Finals.

If the Knicks add the right guys, and a good coach, I think they could be closer than you think. We already know Melo and Amare have more heart than LeBum.

If the Knicks add the right guys, and a good coach, I think they could be closer than you think. We already know Melo and Amare have more heart than LeBum.

I hope so. I highly doubt it, but hope so.

And I tend to worry about Amare's heart to be honest. He does a lot of lolly gagging around, especially on D.

Really Klecko? Besides hating Miami you truly believe this is the last we heard from the Miami Heat? They have no shot at winning anything? They are not gonna win jack sh*t? They came within 2 wins fo a title in their first year being assembled and there crunch time lineup with Haslem and Miller in it didnt play together till the 96th game of the year. Listen I'm sure everyone is happy, especially here on a NY sports website, but don't be stupid and pretend like the Heat will not contend for a title next year.

There is contending for a title and then there is actually having a legitimate chance of winning one.

The Cavs contended for a title with LeBron while never really being a legitimate threat to win it.

And I tend to worry about Amare's heart to be honest. He does a lot of lolly gagging around, especially on D.

The right coach can fix that. Too bad the Warriors alread hired Mark Jackson. Can you imagine anyone not playing defense for him?

The Knicks have holes in their roster they must fill, but D'Antoni/HC is the determining factor for future success IMO.

The thing is, everyone in the media and most Knick fans fawned over Donnie and lament his leaving, but that was because his tenure was judged on a curve. Laden and Isiah were solid Fs, while Donnie's performance is a C, but it looks like an A in comparison.

Donnie (we can't blame Dolan or Isiah on this one like so many want to do with everything) chose D'Antoni over Mark Jackson because of D'Antoni's "connection" to star players from Team USA. But the 2 players the Knicks ended up getting, D'Antoni didn't want. We don't know what Jackson would be as a HC, but he was a very smart player and has long professed his commitment to defense.

There is contending for a title and then there is actually having a legitimate chance of winning one.

The Cavs contended for a title with LeBron while never really being a legitimate threat to win it.

That was the Cavs. I'm pretty sure If you ask most of the REGULARS who were talking basketball here all season long they would disagree with you on this. The Miami Heat are LEGIT contenders.

I guess you didnt see last nights game or Chris Bosh crawling back to the locker room crying like a wet baby.

I can see how thtas easy to make fun of from an oppenents view. I was actually really taken back by it as a Heat fan though....I really felt for the guy. After we lost I almost had to walk into another room at the party I was at and gather myself and i'm not the one that put in all the work and took all the criticism all year long. It was real emotion.

That was the Cavs. I'm pretty sure If you ask most of the REGULARS who were talking basketball here all season long they would disagree with you on this. The Miami Heat are LEGIT contenders.

No, they're not. They have too much in common with the great Cavs teams of the '00s. :Nuts:

I can see how thtas easy to make fun of from an oppenents view. I was actually really taken back by it as a Heat fan though....I really felt for the guy. After we lost I almost had to walk into another room at the party I was at and gather myself and i'm not the one that put in all the work and took all the criticism all year long. It was real emotion.

Why weren't you at the game? Dallas fans didn't seem to have much trouble getting tickets last night.

The Heat ARE legit contenders simply because of how talented their high-end talent is. The star system works, but it has to be with the right stars.

Was anyone killing the Heat's roleplayers when they were up 2-1? Or in the last 2 minutes of the previous 2 games with victory close at hand?

Neither Wade nor LeBron stepped up in those games. HELLO, Wade missed a crucial free throw at the end of the game that allowed for the Mavs victory. LeBron had 8 points in a game. Wade had a poor game 6 and LeBron had a nondescript game.

The Heat will only go as far as Wade and LeBron take them, regardless of how good (or poor) their supporting cast is.

The bottom line for me is that the Heat's 2 superstars may not have what it takes to lead a championship team. Remember, Heat was the young gun in Shaq's immense shadow in 2006. Wade has never been The Man on a championship winning team. In other words, he has never been in the role of Dirk, Hakeem, or Jordan.

The Heat ARE legit contenders simply because of how talented their high-end talent is. The star system works, but it has to be with the right stars.

Was anyone killing the Heat's roleplayers when they were up 2-1? Or in the last 2 minutes of the previous 2 games with victory close at hand?

Neither Wade nor LeBron stepped up in those games. HELLO, Wade missed a crucial free throw at the end of the game that allowed for the Mavs victory. LeBron had 8 points in a game. Wade had a poor game 6 and LeBron had a nondescript game.

The Heat will only go as far as Wade and LeBron take them, regardless of how good (or poor) their supporting cast is.

The bottom line for me is that the Heat's 2 superstars may not have what it takes to lead a championship team. Remember, Heat was the young gun in Shaq's immense shadow in 2006. Wade has never been The Man on a championship winning team. In other words, he has never been in the role of Dirk, Hakeem, or Jordan.

I agree with everything except the bolded part. When you average 35 ppg in a Finals series you are the lead dog.

Archived