The Official Miami Heat Road to the Title Thread

dolphann4life

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lost in all of this is how unbelievable Lebron's been since that early March skid. Dude shot 58% for the MONTH. Hate to say this because I've been a big Rose for MVP advocate this year, but you look at the swing that Cleveland's taken and then you see what happens if he shoots under 50%, even without Wade and they BARELY lost. Simmons had it right after The Decision, non-Clevelanders would be able to move on within a year. Any basketball fan should be actually. If you aren't in awe watching him play, something is just wrong with you.

Lost in all of this is how unbelievable Lebron's been since that early March skid. Dude shot 58% for the MONTH. Hate to say this because I've been a big Rose for MVP advocate this year, but you look at the swing that Cleveland's taken and then you see what happens if he shoots under 50%, even without Wade and they BARELY lost. Simmons had it right after The Decision, non-Clevelanders would be able to move on within a year. Any basketball fan should be actually. If you aren't in awe watching him play, something is just wrong with you.

I felt worse for Orlando when Shaq bolted for the Lakers, because they had given Shaq pieces to work with. Cleveland fans were dopes to expect Lebron to stick around to watch Antawn Jamison and Mo Williams fling up shots, especially with a mega-douche like Dan Gilbert climbing on his back every 20 seconds.

As for Lebron's greatness, I think Michael Jordan's reign as GOAT is going to survive Kobe (barely), but it might not survive Lebron. Especially if in three years Lebron takes his act to Brooklyn (LA, Phoenix, wherever) and wins his own rings--assuming he nabs a ring with Wade.

I felt worse for Orlando when Shaq bolted for the Lakers, because they had given Shaq pieces to work with. Cleveland fans were dopes to expect Lebron to stick around to watch Antawn Jamison and Mo Williams fling up shots, especially with a mega-douche like Dan Gilbert climbing on his back every 20 seconds.

As for Lebron's greatness, I think Michael Jordan's reign as GOAT us going to survive Kobe, but it might not survive Lebron. Especially if in three years Lebron takes his act to Brooklyn (LA, Phoenix, wherever) and wins his own rings--assuming he nabs a ring with Wade.

It's hard for me to feel sorry for the Cavs as a franchise. The city sure, but not the team. They had their chances. They could have gotten Amare last year but didn't want to let go of Hickson. They wasted their efforts on those ridiculous trades for a broken down Ben Wallace and Wally Szczerbiak. Ferry got completely burned by Boozer because he couldn't finagle the cap. He had Lebron for SEVEN seasons and the most talented player he managed to bring in to help him in all of that time was Mo friggin Williams.

I don't think he'll ever surpass Michael, or Kobe even. But I can definitely say, without question, he is the most naturally talented basketball player I've ever seen in my life. There is absolutely no argument to be made against him for best player in the world right now. He might not be the most clutch, but he's certainly carried teams to the extent that Rose or Howard has (to a more extreme degree even, some of those Cleveland teams were absolutely putrid). He needs to start winning rings soon if he's going to catch Michael or Kobe, and I don't think it's going to happen, but if you're a basketball fan, you're plain ****ed in the head if you don't enjoy watching him play to some degree.

Hate the guy, but I think he's the MVP at this point. Cleveland's collapsed without him. Miami's gone from a lower-tier playoff team to competing for the 1-seed in just one year, with a much thinner roster than they previously had.

And for what it's worth--and to MVP voters I assume it's worth something between "fart in a thunderstorm" and "t!ts on a boar"--Rose just isn't a terribly efficient player.

It's hard for me to feel sorry for the Cavs as a franchise. The city sure, but not the team. They had their chances. They could have gotten Amare last year but didn't want to let go of Hickson. They wasted their efforts on those ridiculous trades for a broken down Ben Wallace and Wally Szczerbiak. Ferry got completely burned by Boozer because he couldn't finagle the cap. He had Lebron for SEVEN seasons and the most talented player he managed to bring in to help him in all of that time was Mo friggin Williams.

I don't think he'll ever surpass Michael, or Kobe even. But I can definitely say, without question, he is the most naturally talented basketball player I've ever seen in my life. There is absolutely no argument to be made against him for best player in the world right now. He might not be the most clutch, but he's certainly carried teams to the extent that Rose or Howard has (to a more extreme degree even, some of those Cleveland teams were absolutely putrid). He needs to start winning rings soon if he's going to catch Michael or Kobe, and I don't think it's going to happen, but if you're a basketball fan, you're plain ****ed in the head if you don't enjoy watching him play to some degree.

Hate the guy, but I think he's the MVP at this point. Cleveland's collapsed without him. Miami's gone from a lower-tier playoff team to competing for the 1-seed in just one year, with a much thinner roster than they previously had.

And for what it's worth--and to MVP voters I assume it's worth something between "fart in a thunderstorm" and "t!ts on a boar"--Rose just isn't a terribly efficient player.

I dont know. There is no question LeBron is the most physically gifted players in the history of the league, but watching Rose...wow...the kid is really F'ing good. Knocking him for efficiency is hard love for a PG. I find the stat to be overrated to begin with because the impact of efficiency doesnt necessarily equate to wins. That said, he's got to be top 3 for his position.

I'm just saying, Rose is coming into his own, and you can tell. His comfort with the ball in hand is incredible and it seems effortless. For his age, this kid has a maturity about him that LeBron could never sniff. I ******* hate LeBron, always have, always will and I'm trying to be unbiased. I dont know, Rose is a baby. Only time will tell, but my expectations are higher for Rose.

That said, he's got to be top 3 for his position.

His TS% and EFG% aren't great, and even his PER (which tends to forgive inefficient shooting as long as it comes in bunches) is only 8th in the league. Rose is probably my favorite player to watch, but I have a tough time getting behind the MVP stuff this season.

We'll see who's owning who April 7th...

[/quote

Rose leads Bulls past Celtics 97-81

By ANDREW SELIGMAN, AP Sports Writer51 minutes ago

The Bulls’ 17th win in 19 games put them four games up on Boston and Miami with four to play and eliminated the Heat from getting the No. 1 seed.

The Celtics, who play the Heat on Sunday, still have a mathematical shot albeit a remote one.

But barring a collapse, Chicago will be the top seed in the East.

It’s another step for a team that expected big things after a major overhaul, and all the Bulls have done is deliver their best season since Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen made championship celebrations a regular event.

Rose was a one-man highlight reel against Rajon Rondo(notes), beating him with his crossover and getting to the rim, particularly in the early going. Rose scored 16 points in the first half as the Bulls jumped out to a 48-43 lead, and Chicago regrouped after momentarily falling behind in the third.

Luol Deng(notes) scored 23 points, and Carlos Boozer(notes) added 14 points and 12 rebounds.

Chicago outscored the Celtics 44-22 in the paint, outrebounded them 44-35 and held Boston to 38.4 percent shooting.

Paul Pierce(notes) led Boston with 15 points. Kevin Garnett(notes) scored all 10 of his points in the second half and Rondo finished with seven. Jeff Green(notes)scored 10 and Ray Allen(notes) had seven points.

The Bulls led 48-43 at the half when Pierce made a jumper and Rondo hit his first two baskets to give Boston a one-point lead, but the Bulls responded by running off 10 straight, a dunk by Deng and floater by Rose making it 58-49 midway through the third.

It was 61-58 after Glen Davis(notes) hit two free throws with just over three minutes left in the quarter when the Bulls started a 13-2 run that stretched into the fourth quarter.

Deng started the spurt with a 3, and he followed a layup by Boozer off a turnover with a steal and layup to make it 68-58 with 1:31 left. Davis hit two free throws for Boston. But Rose made a 3 with 23 seconds left in the quarter, and Boozer added a three-point play 45 seconds into the fourth to boost Chicago’s lead to 74-60.

Not only were the Bulls facing one of the top teams in the East, they also honored Pippen by unveiling a sculpture of him during a halftime ceremony.

Rose leads Bulls past Celtics 97-81

By ANDREW SELIGMAN, AP Sports Writer51 minutes ago

The Bulls’ 17th win in 19 games put them four games up on Boston and Miami with four to play and eliminated the Heat from getting the No. 1 seed.

The Celtics, who play the Heat on Sunday, still have a mathematical shot albeit a remote one.

But barring a collapse, Chicago will be the top seed in the East.

It’s another step for a team that expected big things after a major overhaul, and all the Bulls have done is deliver their best season since Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen made championship celebrations a regular event.

Rose was a one-man highlight reel against Rajon Rondo(notes), beating him with his crossover and getting to the rim, particularly in the early going. Rose scored 16 points in the first half as the Bulls jumped out to a 48-43 lead, and Chicago regrouped after momentarily falling behind in the third.

Luol Deng(notes) scored 23 points, and Carlos Boozer(notes) added 14 points and 12 rebounds.

Chicago outscored the Celtics 44-22 in the paint, outrebounded them 44-35 and held Boston to 38.4 percent shooting.

Paul Pierce(notes) led Boston with 15 points. Kevin Garnett(notes) scored all 10 of his points in the second half and Rondo finished with seven. Jeff Green(notes)scored 10 and Ray Allen(notes) had seven points.

The Bulls led 48-43 at the half when Pierce made a jumper and Rondo hit his first two baskets to give Boston a one-point lead, but the Bulls responded by running off 10 straight, a dunk by Deng and floater by Rose making it 58-49 midway through the third.

It was 61-58 after Glen Davis(notes) hit two free throws with just over three minutes left in the quarter when the Bulls started a 13-2 run that stretched into the fourth quarter.

Deng started the spurt with a 3, and he followed a layup by Boozer off a turnover with a steal and layup to make it 68-58 with 1:31 left. Davis hit two free throws for Boston. But Rose made a 3 with 23 seconds left in the quarter, and Boozer added a three-point play 45 seconds into the fourth to boost Chicago’s lead to 74-60.

Not only were the Bulls facing one of the top teams in the East, they also honored Pippen by unveiling a sculpture of him during a halftime ceremony.

Wow, showing up only when your team wins...some fan. I haven't seen you post here for a while. And again, I'm not gonna dwell on one loss to a good team. As for the MVP discussions above, I'm surprised Dwight Howard isn't the favorite. Yeah, Rose is a hell of a player, but if you remove him, Chicago is still a decent team. You take Howard off of Orlando, and they are the Cavs. People say "well you see what happened to the Cavs? LeBron HAS to be MVP!" Well, MVP is supposed to be who is the most valuable player to his team. ANd right now, Howard is more valuable to his team than James is. But Rose will get it, because people still seem to think that MVP means best player.

I dont know. There is no question LeBron is the most physically gifted players in the history of the league, but watching Rose...wow...the kid is really F'ing good. Knocking him for efficiency is hard love for a PG. I find the stat to be overrated to begin with because the impact of efficiency doesnt necessarily equate to wins. That said, he's got to be top 3 for his position.

I'm just saying, Rose is coming into his own, and you can tell. His comfort with the ball in hand is incredible and it seems effortless. For his age, this kid has a maturity about him that LeBron could never sniff. I ******* hate LeBron, always have, always will and I'm trying to be unbiased. I dont know, Rose is a baby. Only time will tell, but my expectations are higher for Rose.

Rose said ti best himself... paraphrasing... "I haven't won it yet... but if I do it will be for winning and not just some stats... it will be nice to win it for being a winner not just the #'s"

Wow, showing up only when your team wins...some fan. I haven't seen you post here for a while. And again, I'm not gonna dwell on one loss to a good team. As for the MVP discussions above, I'm surprised Dwight Howard isn't the favorite. Yeah, Rose is a hell of a player, but if you remove him, Chicago is still a decent team. You take Howard off of Orlando, and they are the Cavs. People say "well you see what happened to the Cavs? LeBron HAS to be MVP!" Well, MVP is supposed to be who is the most valuable player to his team. ANd right now, Howard is more valuable to his team than James is. But Rose will get it, because people still seem to think that MVP means best player.

WHHHHHAAAAAMMMBUULLLANNNCEEEE TIME!

Yeah I've seen the TS numbers, but it's basketball, not football man. Everything's pretty much out in the open on the court and fairly obvious. Chicago would be somewhere around a 6-8 seed without Rose. Switch Rose out with someone like, I don't know, Rondo or D-Will, and Chicago definitely is not even close to a 1-seed.

The hitch is this though, the Bulls actually have a good team. Cleveland was pathetic around Lebron, and Miami really isn't all that good when he's not healthy either. They lost both games he missed this year and their record when he shoots under .50% is meh I think also.

Remember all those years we would say, man imagine how awful the Cavs would be without Lebron? Well, now we actually see it. I don't think anyone, ever, carried a team that bad, to that extent, for that long. That team was a 1-seed. You know, the Cavs that everyone looks at as an all-time joke. Yeah, those guys were a 1-seed just last season, and the year prior too. A 1-SEED! And in losing only 1 player, went to the worst team in the league. That is the definition of value.

I said earlier in the season I'd take Rose over Lebron if I was building a team right now, to tell you the truth I don't know what I was thinking. Lingering hatred from how he dogged Clevelanders in The Decision I guess. The guy tanked it in the playoffs last year sure, but you can't say he hasn't had postseason success thus far. I think Rose may be my favorite player to watch live, simply because of his body control and how effortless he makes everything look, but as a straight-up player I can't ever see him passing Lebron.

Yeah I've seen the TS numbers, but it's basketball, not football man. Everything's pretty much out in the open on the court and fairly obvious. Chicago would be somewhere around a 6-8 seed without Rose. Switch Rose out with someone like, I don't know, Rondo or D-Will, and Chicago definitely is not even close to a 1-seed.

The hitch is this though, the Bulls actually have a good team. Cleveland was pathetic around Lebron, and Miami really isn't all that good when he's not healthy either. They lost both games he missed this year and their record when he shoots under .50% is meh I think also.

Remember all those years we would say, man imagine how awful the Cavs would be without Lebron? Well, now we actually see it. I don't think anyone, ever, carried a team that bad, to that extent, for that long. That team was a 1-seed. You know, the Cavs that everyone looks at as an all-time joke. Yeah, those guys were a 1-seed just last season, and the year prior too. A 1-SEED! And in losing only 1 player, went to the worst team in the league. That is the definition of value.

Slow down there buddy... this 2011 Cavs are NOT the 2010 Cavs... you cannot blame their crappy team 100% on Lebron leaving...

They lost guys that are starting or getting big minutes elsewhere on playoff teams... Lebron does not take the 2011 Cavs as far as the 2010 Cavs

It is amazing really. 60 wins to 17 wins.

I said earlier in the season I'd take Rose over Lebron if I was building a team right now, to tell you the truth I don't know what I was thinking. Lingering hatred from how he dogged Clevelanders in The Decision I guess. The guy tanked it in the playoffs last year sure, but you can't say he hasn't had postseason success thus far. I think Rose may be my favorite player to watch live, simply because of his body control and how effortless he makes everything look, but as a straight-up player I can't ever see him passing Lebron.

I'm still taking Rose. And its really not my unabashed hate for LeBron which dates back way before The Decision. He's a smug chump coward and I really cant stand him. I prefer Rose's game and the way he carries himself infinitely more than LeBron.

I'm never going to deny the talent that LeBron possess. He's amazing. I'm just not sure what is more impressive, how big of an a$$ clown he is or his talent. With Rose, its easy. Guy is as humble as it comes and is a straight baller. I'm not sure I've ever seen a smoother player who makes the impossible look so easy.

IMO the only reason why LeBron is perceived by many as better, is because of the his physical gifts, not his game. The league has never seen a player his size move the way he can. But his game isnt butter like Rose. Make LeBron Rose's size, he's nowhere near the same level of player.

Slow down there buddy... this 2011 Cavs are NOT the 2010 Cavs... you cannot blame their crappy team 100% on Lebron leaving...

They lost guys that are starting or getting big minutes elsewhere on playoff teams... Lebron does not take the 2011 Cavs as far as the 2010 Cavs

Right, because Shaq, Ilgauskas and West are lighting the league up on other teams.

Well, that too. You could also make a lesser but similar argument for Howard.

IMO the only reason why LeBron is perceived by many as better, is because of the his physical gifts, not his game. The league has never seen a player his size move the way he can. But his game isnt butter like Rose. Make LeBron Rose's size, he's nowhere near the same level of player.

Well sure, the guy's 100% freight train. He's made some of the best defenders in the league just throw the towel in when it comes to trying to stop him. Garnett basically just said eff it and tried decking him in the stomach, still didn't work. Tayshaun ran for his dear life in that legendary 4th/OT run. If I had a body like that I wouldn't waste my time trying to cross people over either.

Well sure, the guy's 100% freight train. He's made some of the best defenders in the league just throw the towel in when it comes to trying to stop him. Garnett basically just said eff it and tried decking him in the stomach, still didn't work. Tayshaun ran for his dear life in that legendary 4th/OT run. If I had a body like that I wouldn't waste my time trying to cross people over either.

All that and a quitter in the clutch.

Put them on the Cavs and they double their wins.

Not a chance in hell. And even if it did happen, 34 wins still doesnt get you into the playoffs and its nearly half the win total of the year before w/ LeBron.

Sure, but the result of this is that he doesnt have the moves/diversity a lot of other scorers posses.

Gotta be the worst thing ever that can happen to you, right? At least something like prison rape you can just live with the Kite Runner-shame and have a normal life eventually.

On the plus side, it's +20 inches on the infant vertical leap.*

* Because it's Jason Richardson's baby, allegedly. No other reason (coding, etc.).

Archived