The Official Miami Heat Road to the Title Thread

dolphann4life

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've spent a lot of time in Miami and I can tell you first hand that those fans down there are LAUGHABLY bad in every sport. They don't show up, when they do they don't pay attention to the game and their level of knowledge is so low it's almost funny. NTM that when the Knicks or the Jets play there our fans outnumber theirs 2 to 1 in their own arenas.

Why? You disagree that the amount of Dallas fans in that building last night was disgraceful? You really don't think that you live in the worst sports town in America?

It was a closeout game they came out for it and to be honest there was nothing for our fans to cheer about, we got our a$$ kicked. For most of post season the place was great hence our playoff home record. We were one win away from setting the all time playoff home wins in a row mark. Save your worst fan stuff for a fan thats actually bad. I dont spend my time talking about my team on forums or spending money on tickets because I'm a sh*tty fan.

Wha? Dude you could hear them loud and clear on TV. Cuban said in postgame that Dallas' fans flat out bitched Miami's fans last night. Don't be an idiot.

We were getting our a$$ kicked a majority of the game? WTF did you want us to scream about? Fans go as the team does.We had one of the best HCA advantages in the playoffs this year regardless of what ever says about our attendance and fans.

I agree with everything except the bolded part. When you average 35 ppg in a Finals series you are the lead dog.

I'm talking about being "The Man." Wade was brilliant that series, but we can't have revisionist history here. Everyone viewed that season & postseason as Shaq's Revenge. Wade was happy being Robin to Shaq's Batman which was juxtaposed to Shaq's relationship with Kobe.

Wade emerged as a superstar after that series, but going into the Finals he was never viewed as "The Man."

The Heat ARE legit contenders simply because of how talented their high-end talent is. The star system works, but it has to be with the right stars.

Was anyone killing the Heat's roleplayers when they were up 2-1? Or in the last 2 minutes of the previous 2 games with victory close at hand?

Neither Wade nor LeBron stepped up in those games. HELLO, Wade missed a crucial free throw at the end of the game that allowed for the Mavs victory. LeBron had 8 points in a game. Wade had a poor game 6 and LeBron had a nondescript game.

The Heat will only go as far as Wade and LeBron take them, regardless of how good (or poor) their supporting cast is.

The bottom line for me is that the Heat's 2 superstars may not have what it takes to lead a championship team. Remember, Heat was the young gun in Shaq's immense shadow in 2006. Wade has never been The Man on a championship winning team. In other words, he has never been in the role of Dirk, Hakeem, or Jordan.

Meh, that was Wade's team. Even Shaq admitted it back then.

It was a closeout game they came out for it and to be honest there was nothing for our fans to cheer about, we got our a$$ kicked. For most of post season the place was great hence our playoff home record. We were one win away from setting the all time playoff home wins in a row mark. Save your worst fan stuff for a fan thats actually bad. I dont spend my time talking about my team on forums or spending money on tickets because I'm a sh*tty fan.

Weak.

If the Knicks were down 3-2 coming home for game six of the NBA finals, I'd be willing to bet you'd be hard pressed to find a single fan of the opposing team in the Garden. Same can be said for Boston, Chicago, LA and ... wait for it.... CLEVELAND!

Meh, that was Wade's team. Even Shaq admitted it back then.

Revisionist history. Shaq said that AFTER THE FACT.

That Heat team was known for Shaq's Revenge, Riley's Redemption for past Heat failures, Alonzo Morning finally getting a ring, and the emergence of Wade.

Also, Wade 34.7 ppg in the 2006 Finals while in the 2011 Finals, he averaged 26.5 ppg. If Wade had played the 2011 series like he did the 2006 series then the Heat would be champions again.

Weak.

If the Knicks were down 3-2 coming home for game six of the NBA finals, I'd be willing to bet you'd be hard pressed to find a single fan of the opposing team in the Garden. Same can be said for Boston, Chicago, LA and ... wait for it.... CLEVELAND!

Ok our fans suck...next.

based on....WINNING. Like i said in a previous post we were 1 win away from setting the most consective home playoff wins mark.

I know, right? With influence like that, it's no wonder that the arena was that full of Dallas fans. Where would the Heat have been all year without those Fan Up emails?

That Heat team was known for Shaq's Revenge, Riley's Redemption for past Heat failures, Alonzo Morning finally getting a ring, and the emergence of Wade.

Also, Wade 34.7 ppg in the 2006 Finals while in the 2011 Finals, he averaged 26.5 ppg. If Wade had played the 2011 series like he did the 2006 series then the Heat would be champions again.

Maybe so from a promotional standpoint, but from a basketbal standpoint it was Wades team and everyone knew that going in. Shaq was in the breakdown stage at that point. He missed around 20 games that year and I dont even think he averaged 20 a game. Wade was above 25. Wade was the guy that drove the team. Shaq was the guy who drove to get Van Gundy fired but he was more along for the ride than he was the star of the show, on the court. Off the court its another issue, but that was Wades team going into the playoffs and through the playoffs.

Maybe so from a promotional standpoint, but from a basketbal standpoint it was Wades team and everyone knew that going in. Shaq was in the breakdown stage at that point. He missed around 20 games that year and I dont even think he averaged 20 a game. Wade was above 25. Wade was the guy that drove the team. Shaq was the guy who drove to get Van Gundy fired but he was more along for the ride than he was the star of the show, on the court. Off the court its another issue, but that was Wades team going into the playoffs and through the playoffs.

There was that story about him announcing in their first practice that it was Wade's team too.

Happy for what? They are bottom dwellers now and the Heat are contending for titles. Thrilling to be a Cavs/Toronto fan where your only thing to root for is a Heat loss

Happy that the soft a$$ overrated player that thought he was taking a shortcut to a championship was crying like a little girl after he lost.

Happy that the soft a$$ overrated player that thought he was taking a shortcut to a championship was crying like a little girl after he lost.

There is no denying he didn't show up for the Finals. Played at a very high level through all the other rounds I thought for sure he would produce this series.

I made a bet with my friend before the playoffs started, that if the Heat won the title, I'd burn my Revis jersey and record it on youtube. I was actually scared there for a minute. You can't expect the Heat to win a title after just 1 year together. They will be beastly in years to come, but in reality they were lucky to get as far as they did this year. If the Bulls didn't completely break down, they would have taken them. I wonder why they almost completely ignored Dwayne Wade in the last 5 minutes, yesterday. He was playing his heart out and he's one of the few guys on the team that has been in that situation before and stepped it up to win a title.

EDIT: You're right, I looked at the wrong season.

So LeBron boots his home town team and takes the whimpy road to winning a championship. And even then fails to win a championship. And he is still supposed to be like Mike or better than him ?

Oh and this Miami team has only one more season to win a championship. Only one. If they do not do it next year the handful of Heat fans will be calling for a reworking of the roster!

So LeBron boots his home town team and takes the whimpy road to winning a championship. And even then fails to win a championship. And he is still supposed to be like Mike or better than him ?

Oh and this Miami team has only one more season to win a championship. Only one. If they do not do it next year the handful of Heat fans will be calling for a reworking of the roster!

did you watch this season? It was far froma whimpy road to get to a the Finals.

Hmmmm, I dont remember with 100% certainty. But I'm pretty confident before that season and all throughout, Shaq consistently called that Wade's team. Shaq missed a lot of games.

Nevermind, just saw you response to Jason.

did you watch this season? It was far froma whimpy road to get to a the Finals.

They cried after the Bulls swept them... then gave up in the finals... with just those two examples you are wrong.

Archived