If the Yankees let Jeter and Rivera go...

Blackout

Rivera will get what he wants. 1 or 2 years. Doesn't matter. After the season Jeter had, him asking for more than the 3/$45 mill the Yankees offered really pisses me off. Cashman should play hardball. Who else is giving him that deal? Tell me... ? Who? He's a soon to be 37 year old shortstop who plays the position poorly, and had his worst offensive season ever. The man has already been awarded for all that he has done. Giving him 3/$45 is overpaying, him wanting to be even more overpaid because his name is Derek Jeter.... rubs me the wrong way.

I will always be a Yankee fan.

But I can still hate the ownership and GM.

This is nothing new for me. I hated George in the late 1980s and rejoiced when he was banned from baseball.

If Crapman screws this up I'll still be a fan, but I'll hate his POS a$$ and Halbatros and Hankenstein.

Rivera will get what he wants. 1 or 2 years. Doesn't matter. After the season Jeter had, him asking for more than the 3/$45 mill the Yankees offered really pisses me off. Cashman should play hardball. Who else is giving him that deal? Tell me... ? Who? He's a soon to be 37 year old shortstop who plays the position poorly, and had his worst offensive season ever. The man has already been awarded for all that he has done. Giving him 3/$45 is overpaying, him wanting to be even more overpaid because his name is Derek Jeter.... rubs me the wrong way.

It's not the avg, it's the years that's an issue.

Crapman gave Posada 4 yrs taking him to past 40.

Crapman also agreed to pay ARoid $30 million a yr until he's 42 yrs old. He agreed to pay AJ $85 million

Don't give me that nonsense that paying Jeter 3/45 is overpaying and rubs you the wrong way. That's total bullsh*t and you know it.

Crapman has been overpaying since day 1.

It's not the avg, it's the years that's an issue.

Crapman gave Posada 4 yrs taking him to past 40.

Crapman also agreed to pay ARoid $30 million a yr until he's 42 yrs old. He agreed to pay AJ $85 million

Don't give me that nonsense that paying Jeter 3/45 is overpaying and rubs you the wrong way. That's total bullsh*t and you know it.

Crapman has been overpaying since day 1.

What did Posada's numbers look like the season before he got that 4 year deal? And was there an actual market for him (there isn't for Jeter). Yankees wanted to give Posada 3 years, but then he had lunch with Omar Minaya, Mets needED a catcher. Posada was still an elite player, we needed him. The market was set. 4 years is what the market asked for. I think everyone expected Posada wouldn't finish that deal behind the plate, even though he had never been on the DL before signing that deal. I would hope Cashman would do that deal again if he could.

A-Rod went around Cashman and was signed by the Steinbrenners. This is all well documented.

It's only 2 years into A.J's deal. 1 good. 1 bad year. Time will telll....though the market was set at 5 years. Yankees had to outbid the Braves to get A.J.

BTW. I love how all the Cashman haters were nowhere to be found this time last year.

What did Posada's numbers look like the season before he got that 4 year deal? And was there an actual market for him (there isn't for Jeter). Yankees wanted to give Posada 3 years, but then he had lunch with Omar Minaya, Mets needED a catcher. Posada was still an elite player, we needed him. The market was set. 4 years is what the market asked for. I think everyone expected Posada wouldn't finish that deal behind the plate, even though he had never been on the DL before signing that deal. I would hope Cashman would do that deal again if he could.

A-Rod went around Cashman and was signed by the Steinbrenners. This is all well documented.

It's only 2 years into A.J's deal. 1 good. 1 bad year. Time will telll....though the market was set at 5 years. Yankees had to outbid the Braves to get A.J.

BTW. I love how all the Cashman haters were nowhere to be found this time last year.

If Jeter can do better on the open market that $45 million over 3 years, good luck and bon voyage.

As bad as the A-rod contract was he was coming off an MVP year. And the roids stuff hadn't come out yet. And again he only got that contract by going around Cashman.

A team of overpaid aging vets is not going to win. Did we learn anything from the ALCS thsi year? Did you enjoy watching Jorge Posada age before your eyes in the last 2 postseasons?

I know this hard line is also a good idea because Mike Lupica is up in arms somewhere in Connecticut.

Huh? People were killing Cashman when he let Damon and Godzilla walked and replaced them with utter crap in Nick Johnson. He brought back Javy who sucked.

Crapman, to be honest, has not done a good job as Yankee GM this past decade with the payroll he has and his failures have been epic (Pavano, Igawa, AJ, etc.).

If Jeter can do better on the open market that $45 million over 3 years, good luck and bon voyage.

As bad as the A-rod contract was he was coming off an MVP year. And the roids stuff hadn't come out yet. And again he only got that contract by going around Cashman.

A team of overpaid aging vets is not going to win. Did we learn anything from the ALCS thsi year? Did you enjoy watching Jorge Posada age before your eyes in the last 2 postseasons?

I know this hard line is also a good idea because Mike Lupica is up in arms somewhere in Connecticut.

It's not the amount per year, it's the number of yrs that's the issue.

And Crapman had to know about ARoid. Get real. They just dealt with Giambi's juicing a$$.

It's completely disingenuous to all of a sudden create a hardline with Jeter when there has never been one before.

Huh? People were killing Cashman when he let Damon and Godzilla walked and replaced them with utter crap in Nick Johnson. He brought back Javy who sucked.

Crapman, to be honest, has not done a good job as Yankee GM this past decade with the payroll he has and his failures have been epic (Pavano, Igawa, AJ, etc.).

I'm sure you were hating on him after he brought over CC, Tex, and Swisher and won the World Series. Anchored by a home grown bullpen, he drafted and signed.

Oh and Damon and Matsui did great last season. /sarcasm. Cashman was right when he let them go, both players are done.

Every GM has his hits and misses. I don't count Pavano as one of them. How the hell is he suppose to predict Pavano would be injured his entire contract? He pitched well before he got to NY and after he left NY, and teams like Boston wanted him before we signed him. AJ is still up in the air, very early in that contract. And guys like Nick Johnson, and Randy Winn are meaningless...1 year no risk deals. Thames was a good pick up was he not? Do you not give him credit for pulling the trigger on a guy like Nick Swisher? Of course not. You're just a hater.

You Crapman sycophants are hilarious.

Crapman has ALWAYS gone well above market on contracts.

CC Sabathia's market was $100 million. Crapman paid him $160 mil. Crapman is now willing to pay soon to be 33 yr old Lee $23 mil a year until he's 39 yrs old. Neither the Rangers no anyone else will go anywhere close to that.

Crapman also went well above market for Tiexiera.

The issue is not the $15 mil. It's the years. And, no, Jeter is not retiring at 39 yrs old so a 3 yr deal isn't a "retirement" deal. Jeter is on record in the News as saying "I don't want to go through this again," which means he wants a longer deal than 3 yrs.

I'm sure you were hating on him after he brought over CC, Tex, and Swisher and won the World Series. Anchored by a home grown bullpen, he drafted and signed.

Oh and Damon and Matsui did great last season. /sarcasm. Cashman was right when he let them go, both players are done.

Every GM has his hits and misses. I don't count Pavano as one of them. How the hell is he suppose to predict Pavano would be injured his entire contract? He pitched well before he got to NY and after he left NY, and teams like Boston wanted him before we signed him. AJ is still up in the air, very early in that contract. And guys like Nick Johnson, and Randy Winn are meaningless...1 year no risk deals. Thames was a good pick up was he not? Do you not give him credit for pulling the trigger on a guy like Nick Swisher? Of course not. You're just a hater.

A hater? Yeah, I'm a hater on Crapman because Crapman has not done a good job relative to the resources he has.

Crap pays well above everybody. If Minaya was running the Yanks he could have signed CC, Tex, and Swisher with the Yanks' money. That didn't take skill, negotiate acumen, or an eye for talent.

Saying Jeter plays his position poorly is just idiocy.

4 years, 61 million. That will be the final deal. I posted it here awhile ago. It is overpaying for the Yankees no doubt. It isn't the crazy amount that Jeter is throwing around right now. And it is FAR more than Jeter would get anywhere else.

I don't think Jeter would get $15 per on the market. I'm not even sure he could get $10 per if it was a multi-year deal unless some GM had a hardon for his intangibles.

I think Jeter could get $10-12 mil somewhere else. His name alone would sell a ton of tickets and he'd be playing with the biggest chip on his shoulder that anyone has ever seen. He'd probably have a .310/20/85 RBI season with 20ish steals. I think we'd see a big dropoff after that but he'd feel vindicated in trying to get $25 mil from the Yanks.

I think Jeter could get $10-12 mil somewhere else. His name alone would sell a ton of tickets and he'd be playing with the biggest chip on his shoulder that anyone has ever seen. He'd probably have a .310/20/85 RBI season with 20ish steals. I think we'd see a big dropoff after that but he'd feel vindicated in trying to get $25 mil from the Yanks.

Jeter will not hit 20 home runs with 85 rbi's next season. I'm willing to put good money on that. He's only done that 3 times in his career.

Jeter will not hit 20 home runs with 85 rbi's next season. I'm willing to put good money on that. He's only done that 3 times in his career.

I think if he leaves he'll go to a team that will let him bat 2nd so he'll have a high OBP/speedster in front of him.

Again, I could be dead wrong but my basic point is that his production will far exceed what it was this year which I realize isn't saying much, but it will be more than what people expect of him.

I will still be a Yankees fan. It's the uniform you root for formost guys.

now....I don't see us winning a division without Mariano one bit. He's the guy we need to resign more but please resign both Steinbrenners!

I love Mariano, but Jeter needs to go. It's no secret he's not that good anymore, and he's just being greedy. I officially hate Jeter now because of his greediness....

A hater? Yeah, I'm a hater on Crapman because Crapman has not done a good job relative to the resources he has.

Crap pays well above everybody. If Minaya was running the Yanks he could have signed CC, Tex, and Swisher with the Yanks' money. That didn't take skill, negotiate acumen, or an eye for talent.

Swisher was acquired by trade.

TD is right, your hatred is misguided. You shoot yourself in the foot when you argue that any GM would overpay as the Yankees GM because they can. If that's the case, you can't hold it against him. What you're basically saying is whoever is, was or will be Yankees GM sucks because they have that advantage.

Let me ask you: if you were the Yankees GM with the resources and ability to sign guys like Tex and CC, would you pass? Or would you only sign guys to bargain deals?

Archived