Some of you needed this epic loss.

Bob

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know I just took it really hard! Im staying away from ESPN today

You & Crusher ( & JiF sometimes) make posting here fun!

Why sometimes? I'm a joy 24/7.

No seriously...its one regular season loss. We still have Football to play. If this is how we ended the season, I'd be right there with you...but we got 4 more games and the playoffs too!

You havent heard the last of the 2010 New York Jets. The Dolphags are coming to town and what better way to take out some frustration than to fry some gay sharks?

No seriously...its one regular season loss. We still have Football to play. If this is how we ended the season, I'd be right there with you...but we got 4 more games and the playoffs too!

You havent heard the last of the 2010 New York Jets. The Dolphags are coming to town and what better way to take out some frustration than to fry some gay sharks?

This is how I felt last night:

NSFW!

JIF fans dont deserve any loss due to their perspective thats just silly. I was looking at this (and the way I interpreted what he said) as the Jets have shown various weaknesses in a few areas that are very concerning to some fans while other fans just brush that off claiming OMG were 9-2. Thats it. Maybe 100% was a bad way to put it, but I was not under the impression he was trying to tell anyone how to "root' for a team. He was pointing out that others saw the weaknesses that seem to be consistent all year .

When a team becomes a winning team the focus seems to change a bit for me from what do we do during the regular season and will it show up in the playoffs. We are now a playoff caliber team and every little weakness we show during the regular season will be exploited to its fullest extent in the playoffs. Some regular season teams simply dont have what it takes to beat these type of teams but their peers (other playoff teams) Do. A lot of perennial playoff teams beat down lesser opponents all year and may even get a big win vs a power house team but they always seem to lose in the play offs when the weaknesses are exploited thats how I see the Jets this year. THE PROBLEM is I think we have the talent to be an absolute beast of a team and were not coached very well and it eats away at me just like it did in the 90's until Parcells came here and changed the entire organisation. I believe in 98 the jets had the best team in the NFL and a few bad bounces and fumbles lost us the AFCCG that was totally on the players because that coaching staff was one of the best ever assembled IMHO. This team is the exact opposite loaded with talent and bad coaching on the offensive side of the ball.

You got all of this from a guy who started a thread titled...."Some of you needed this epic loss" and the reason was because you shouldnt drink the kool-aid. WOW!!! lol

There are obvious concerns and anyone that knows Football could see this game was going to be a disaster. However, I'm not going to tell someone how to root for a team or tell a fan they deserved to watch their team get the ever living sh*t beat out of them on National TV because they drink the kool-aid of the team they love who is rarely in this position.

Regarding your post; luckily, the season didnt end last night.

JIF you keep saying this is one loss but this close to the playoffs and the ramifications this game had make it a HUGE loss. What rested on this game was a division lead, home field through out the playoffs and only having to win 2 games to get to the SB. Sure things can change but with only 4 games left the window is rapidly closing. Going from Top seed to WC is a HUGE difference.

It wasn't 'one regular season loss'.

If we had been able to score at all....maybe.

This was confirmation that a well-prepared team can shut down our pathetic offense on any given day. It doesn't bode well for Playoff week1.

Several of our wins were tight and the score only opened up with special teams gimmes and miracles. I have YET to see a game against a good team where the scores came from our offense doing it's job from their own 20 or 30.

4th quarter miracles only mean we suck and got lucky. Championship teams don't rely on that.

Also,

If someone says "we'll crush the dolphins" again I'm going to puke. That team sucks. We need to convincingly beat GOOD teams to survive the playoffs.

LOL! They get embarrassed and humiliated on national tv in the biggest game of the year and you're happy? :rl:

You got all of this from a guy who started a thread titled...."Some of you needed this epic loss" and the reason was because you shouldnt drink the kool-aid. WOW!!! lol

There are obvious concerns and anyone that knows Football could see this game was going to be a disaster. However, I'm not going to tell someone how to root for a team or tell a fan they deserved to watch their team get the ever living sh*t beat out of them on National TV because they drink the kool-aid of the team they love who is rarely in this position.

Regarding your post; luckily, the season didnt end last night.

I agree with you JIF I dont want anyone telling me how to root for my team either I dont want anyone telling me I deserve a loss because Im a fan. better words copuld have been used but I think his underlying message was exactly what you said , dont be so surprised we lost this game, rather than telling people how to root for a team . Maybe he should clarify wtf he meant lol Im not a mind reader neither are you.

I agree with you JIF I dont want anyone telling me how to root for my team either I dont want anyone telling me I deserve a loss because Im a fan. better words copuld have been used but I think his underlying message was exactly what you said , dont be so surprised we lost this game, rather than telling people how to root for a team . Maybe he should clarify wtf he meant lol Im not a mind reader neither are you.

I think Bob was just tired of people getting flamed for legitimately analyzing our (weak and about to wreck this team) offense.

JIF you keep saying this is one loss but this close to the playoffs and the ramifications this game had make it a HUGE loss. What rested on this game was a division lead, home field through out the playoffs and only having to win 2 games to get to the SB. Sure things can change but with only 4 games left the window is rapidly closing. Going from Top seed to WC is a HUGE difference.

LOL! They get embarrassed and humiliated on national tv in the biggest game of the year and you're happy? :rl:

I'm not happy about the loss. I'm happy that we have a very good team with a 9-3 record and more Football to play in a good position to make another playoff run.

The season didnt end last night.

The Pats were 4-10 on 3rd down.

That said, that was a poor offense performance all around, from the ill-advised game plan down to the execution.

The 3rd down stat is deceiving. When the game was still a game, The Pats managed to get 19 on 3rd and 22, and then Branch went all the way on 4th down.

This was confirmation that a well-prepared team can shut down our pathetic offense on any given day. It doesn't bode well for Playoff week1.

Amen Jerry - it bodes even worse for weeks 2 and on - but thats where euthanasia helps out as there won't be anything past week 1 unless this team matures very rapidly. I'm hoping last night's abomination really makes some lights go on in the right rooms. If not, we're lucky to be 1-3 in December. Still a very good season for a sophomore HC and QB.

I haven't said a word since JN went down last night. I was just saying to my wife and my son that this was like running into Vince Lombardi and Bart Starr in 1967-two hall of famers in Belichick and Brady performing at their very best. There's no shame in losing especially on a night when it clearly is NOT your night and nothing goes right-not one damn thing. Pick up the pieces and move on to the Miami game.

And according to you. It's all Rex's fault

And according to Bob, it's the kool-aid drinkers.

And according to me, it was the whole ******* team that failed terribly. sh*t happens.

you know who's fault this REALLY is 8-9? Mike Greenberg's for putting a Tom Brady jersey over his #12 Joe Namath on national television.

you know who's fault this REALLY is 8-9? Mike Greenberg's for putting a Tom Brady jersey over his #12 Joe Namath on national television.

Actually Greenie was scared to wear the Jets jersey claiming bad Karma. I blame him -- Sanchez on Mike Kay now

Actually Greenie was scared to wear the Jets jersey claiming bad Karma. I blame him -- Sanchez on Mike Kay now

no, he started his show wearing a #12 Namath jersey and when Bob Kraft came on he gave him a Brady jersey which he put on over the top of the Namath.

no, he started his show wearing a #12 Namath jersey and when Bob Kraft came on he gave him a Brady jersey which he put on over the top of the Namath.

True but on Fridays broadcast he was hesitant to wear it and Golic gave him a hard time telling him he was being foolish -- it was kinda funny anyway.

I haven't said a word since JN went down last night. I was just saying to my wife and my son that this was like running into Vince Lombardi and Bart Starr in 1967-two hall of famers in Belichick and Brady performing at their very best. There's no shame in losing especially on a night when it clearly is NOT your night and nothing goes right-not one damn thing. Pick up the pieces and move on to the Miami game.

Jimmy, you can give the Patriots all the credit you want. but after Sanchez threw that pic to start the 2nd half the entire Jets team quit. the defense just fell apart after that.

after Sanchez threw that pic to start the 2nd half the entire Jets team quit. the defense just fell apart after that.

Wow - I have to go watch the 1st half again. I could have sworn the Defense sucked the bag from the Pats 1st possession. :P

Wow - I have to go watch the 1st half again. I could have sworn the Defense sucked the bag from the Pats 1st possession. :P

They got the 2 sacks in a row right before the half to stop them..lol..it was a small burst of effort.

Archived