Miami Heat vs. New York Knicks

dolphann4life

The showdown looms tmrw night, i've already landed in Newark and am on my way to lovely town of Freehold. Knicks played a hell of a game against Boston last night, going blow for blow with them. I honestly think the letdown from this loss leaves the Knicks primed for a a$$ whoopin. I do believe however, Amare's streak will continue.

The showdown looms tmrw night, i've already landed in Newark and am on my way to lovely town of Freehold. Knicks played a hell of a game against Boston last night, going blow for blow with them. I honestly think the letdown from this loss leaves the Knicks primed for a a$ whoopin. I do believe however, Amare's streak will continue.

Unless he gets into foul trouble, I see Amar'e going for 40 against the Heat's soft-a$$ interior.

Whether or not they can pull out a victory is another story.

Unless he gets into foul trouble, I see Amar'e going for 40 against the Heat's soft-a$$ interior.

Whether or not they can pull out a victory is another story.

That's my thinking as well.

But I disagree with DF4 about a let-down. Actually Saturday's back-to-back against Cleveland might be a letdown for the Knicks. This Knick teams has looked forward to playing BOTHthe Celtics and Heat. They didn't call it Dream WEEK for nothing. It wasn't Dream Wednesday.

Dolan and the Garden is selling his Knicks' team like they are actually good. Stoudamire makes them improved, may be enough to get a playoff berth in a weak Eastern Conference. But after tonight the Knicks will ahve lost 2 ina row at home to the best teams in the East.

Meanwhile the team Dolan doens't care about has win 3 in a row, and had a great win at home last night after beating the 2 best teams in their conference on the road. This has always been the case, the Rangers get scraps; the Knicks, despite usually sucking balls, get heavy promotion.

And why the nonsense about Lebron James; so he choose not to come here. Big deal.

Chris Bosh is our 3rd option, Amare is your first...puhlease. And don't be suprised if Chris Bosh gets his tonight...Amare dont play no D.

You've got to be kidding me. Nobody gives a sh*t about Bosh. Lebron is on Jordan's level for Garden dominance over the course of his career and that's all anyone with half a brain should be concerned with.

My heart says NY but my head says Lebron. He's been too good in MSG and watching how he played against that Cleveland crowd, I think he can handle any road situation in the regular season at this point. We still have nobody who can stop him and I can legitimately see him putting up 50 with all the hype surrounding this one.

The showdown looms tmrw night, i've already landed in Newark and am on my way to lovely town of Freehold. Knicks played a hell of a game against Boston last night, going blow for blow with them. I honestly think the letdown from this loss leaves the Knicks primed for a a$$ whoopin. I do believe however, Amare's streak will continue.

You sonofabitch. You're gettin' pizza at Federici's ain't ya? I would kill for some Fed's.

You've got to be kidding me. Nobody gives a sh*t about Bosh. Lebron is on Jordan's level for Garden dominance over the course of his career and that's all anyone with half a brain should be concerned with.

Looking at box scores i see Amare is dominating but it seems like the big on the other team is putting up numbers as well...thats all. Believe you me, i would like nothing more than for LBJ to go off for 50 tonight. Also Wade has a pretty good track record against the Knicks.

• 2 weeks later...

Should be interesting. Miami's slowed their pace down and are playing intelligent ball. Knicks need to keep things high-paced all game to have a shot because Lebron will wreck them if they can force the Knicks into playing half-court offense.

Exactly.

The Knicks scored 34 TOTAL in the 2nd half of the first Miami game. The Knicks have no chance if they do that against any team, let alone one of the best in Miami.

Exactly.

The Knicks scored 34 TOTAL in the 2nd half of the first Miami game. The Knicks have no chance if they do that against any team, let alone one of the best in Miami.

They're just overwhelming teams right now. Knicks are going to have to shoot at least around 60% to win. We only committed something like 13 fouls the last time we played them. That's not enough. If you can't block them when they're attacking then put them down. Knock guys like Chalmers and Arroyo on their asses even out of the paint, and keep things moving so Lebron and Wade can't shrink the court. Buckle down on the perimeter and get some steals so you can keep them running. Run, run, run. What Miami realized is that they don't need to be a fastbreak team all the time, because nobody in the league can compete with their speed and athleticism in any way; therefore it pays off for them to shrink the court when they can. It's exactly how they beat LA. If they can get you to man up on them, they win. The only way you beat them is by taking them out of that comfort zone.

Damn i almost hit this one dead on. Knicks need Melo. Trade Gallo or Chandler...they're no that good anyway.

Good job, DP4

I'm okay with trading either, but not both. Gallo is maddening though. He has great size and is a topnotch shooter, but he's so freakin' inconsistent.

Good resiliance by coming back by like I mentioned above, the Knicks had no shot to win it by how they started the game. The Knicks need to score consistently in order to win. They didn't do that last night. When they made their run they couldn't close the deal because they had to be perfect down the stretch which they weren't.

Celtics, Heat, Mavs, and Spurs are the 4 best teams in the NBA by far this year. The Lakers may pull a 2009 Celtics this year and look disinterested in the regular season then turn it on in the postseason, but they're clearly not in the top 4's league right now. I'd put them 5th, but there's a big drop off from the top 4 to them.

Archived