Packers-Patriots game thread.

visajets

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen this game before. Philly and Baltimore both with backup QB's in 2007. They'll push the Pats all the way and eventually break hearts.

Also, the most blatant block in the back you will ever see on the kicker during the kickoff, right in front of the fat mess rolling down the field and they don't call it. Unbelievable.

Not to be annoying here, but after looking at the playoff situation, I came to the conclusion that somehow or other, this game means virtually NOTHING to us. That is, the effect is almost the same whether the Pats win or lose. Kinda sucks but that's what it looks like.

Am I wrong about that?

Not to be annoying here, but after looking at the playoff situation, I came to the conclusion that somehow or other, this game means virtually NOTHING to us. That is, the effect is almost the same whether the Pats win or lose. Kinda sucks but that's what it looks like.

Am I wrong about that?

No, you're wrong. If we win out and the Pats lose out, we take the division. If we end up tied, its a possibility we win the tiebreaker under certain circumstances, and win the division. New England winning this game all but seals the division.

Am I wrong about that?

Not true.

Green Bay giving us and any other playoff team the blueprint for how to stop the Pats offense and beat their D with a backup QB has infinite value.

Plus its just fun to watch them lose.

No, you're wrong. If we win out and the Pats lose out, we take the division. If we end up tied, its a possibility we win the tiebreaker under certain circumstances, and win the division. New England winning this game all but seals the division.

I don't think so, here's why.

Jets win out: 12-4.

Pats win this game, move to 12-2, drop the next two, 12-4.

Jets/Pats finish 12-4, Jets win division because of division tiebreakers: Jets would be 4-2, Pats 3-3 (loss to each of the Jets, Bills, Dolhpins)

Supposing now that the Pats lose this game, and lose to the Phins but beat the Bills. Jets win out. Both are 12-4, but with tied records inside the division, we move to the next tiebreaker which the Pats win.

See what I mean?

Essentially, Jets MUST win out and Pats MUST lose to BOTH Bills and Dolphins for the Jets to win the division. Packers game becomes completely irrelevant.

Edit: @Integrity: THAT I agree with!

I don't think so, here's why.

Jets win out: 12-4.

Pats win this game, move to 12-2, drop the next two, 12-4.

Jets/Pats finish 12-4, Jets win division because of division tiebreakers: Jets would be 4-2, Pats 3-3 (loss to each of the Jets, Bills, Dolhpins)

Supposing now that the Pats lose this game, and lose to the Phins but beat the Bills. Jets win out. Both are 12-4, but with tied records inside the division, we move to the next tiebreaker which the Pats win.

See what I mean?

Essentially, Jets MUST win out and Pats MUST lose to BOTH Bills and Dolphins for the Jets to win the division. Packers game becomes completely irrelevant.

Edit: @Integrity: THAT I agree with!

It's semantics, but in your scenario Jets and Pats would have the same record in common games. The difference being Jets beat Cleveland and the Pats beat Baltimore...which is a wash. They'd also have identical conference records. Patriots would have the edge in strength of victory. So basically, your point is still valid. Losing to Miami was the kill game for our division chances.

Archived