26 Houston Brown, Duane OT

27 San Diego Cason, Antoine CB

28 Seattle Jackson, Lawrence DE

29 San Francisco Balmer, Kentwan DE

30 NY Jets Keller, Dustin TE

31 NY Giants Phillips, Kenny FS

Full Draft Order >>

Look at the talent we passed up to draft Vernon Gholston. DAMMIT :angry:

After the first 4 picks the only guys I liked for the Jets were Stewart (just traded for Jones the year before) and Albert (had signed Faneca for LG just that offseason).

I probably would have been fine with a CB, but neither guy is setting the world on fire either.

While Mangini had no say in all of the good first round picks, it seems he had all the say in the Gholston one. That's the story and the Jets are sticking to it!

1 Miami Long, Jake OT

2 St. Louis Long, Chris DE

3 Atlanta Ryan, Matt QB

4 Oakland McFadden, Darren RB

5 Kansas City Dorsey, Glenn DT

6 NY Jets Gholston, Vernon DE

7 New Orleans Ellis, Sedrick DT

8 Jacksonville Harvey, Derrick DE

9 Cincinnati Rivers, Keith LB

10 New England Mayo, Jerod OLB

11 Buffalo McKelvin, Leodis CB

12 Denver Clady, Ryan OT

13 Carolina Stewart, Jonathan RB

14 Chicago Williams, Chris OT

15 Kansas City Albert, Branden OG

16 Arizona RoCromartie, Dominique CBdgers-

17 Detroit Cherilus, Gosder OT

18 Baltimore Flacco, Joe QB

19 Carolina Otah, Jeff OT

20 Tampa Bay Talib, Aqib CB

21 Atlanta Baker, Sam OT

22 Dallas Jones, Felix RB

23 Pittsburgh Mendenhall, Rashard RB

24 Tennessee Johnson, Chris RB

25 Dallas Jenkins, Mike CB

26 Houston Brown, Duane OT

27 San Diego Cason, Antoine CB

28 Seattle Jackson, Lawrence DE

29 San Francisco Balmer, Kentwan DE

30 NY Jets Keller, Dustin TE

31 NY Giants Phillips, Kenny FS

Full Draft Order >>

Look at the talent we passed up to draft Vernon Gholston. DAMMIT :angry:

I bolded the only players that would make a difference, not better than Gholston, but make a difference this season, counting the personnell we already have, the one I want is the one we should have drafted at 30 instead of Keller is DJax, I thought we traded up for him at the time, but Mangini would never take a character issue player, you better believe Rex would have drafted him.

pretty weak class IMO

It's the greatest class in the history of fantasy football.

Chris Johnson, Ray Rice, Forte, Stewart, McFadden, Hillis, Felix Jones, Slaton.

The RBs in that class were ridiculous, and it also contained DeSean Jackson, a franchise tackle (Clady), and two possible franchise QBs (Ryan and Flacco). That class was FAR from weak, at least offensively.

The RBs in that class were ridiculous, and it also contained DeSean Jackson, a franchise tackle (Clady), and two possible franchise QBs (Ryan and Flacco). That class was FAR from weak, at least offensively.

i wanted flacco. it was right after that movie the replacements and i thought it would be cool to have him on our team. not to mention i thought he was a good player. I knew he was going to be a bust, but hoped for the best.

i wanted flacco. it was right after that movie the replacements and i thought it would be cool to have him on our team. not to mention i thought he was a good player. I knew he was going to be a bust, but hoped for the best.

I wanted Flacco too. Thought he'd be better than Ryan.

Honestly, at the six spot, we didn't have much choice. There was a "Big 6" in that draft, and Gholston was the last one available. I didn't want him either, but we'd have looked like ri-tards if we'd done something else.

I wanted Flacco too. Thought he'd be better than Ryan.

Honestly, at the six spot, we didn't have much choice. There was a "Big 6" in that draft, and Gholston was the last one available. I didn't want him either, but we'd have looked like ri-tards if we'd done something else.

It wouldnt have been the first time. Im so pissed about this wasted draft pick.

Jamaal Charles too

Once Parcells passed on him to draft Jake Long, Tannenbaum should have treated Gholston like he was radioactive. Parcells enjoys drafting tackles in the first round about as much as Rex enjoys introspection.

Oh yes, the mighty Tuna's drafting strategy should be referred to when making your pick :rolleyes:

His overall drafting quality is fair at best. I wouldn't let what he does influence who I would pick.

If the guy who drafted John Abraham and DeMarcus Ware and Willie MGinest and coached Lawrence Taylor passed up Gholston, despite Gholston destroying the Combine and being Ohio State's all-time sack leader, (opting instead to take a decent RT prospect whom Gholston allegedly owned in college), then you can probably be pretty sure that player sucks.

If the guy who drafted John Abraham and DeMarcus Ware and Willie MGinest and coached Lawrence Taylor passed up Gholston, despite Gholston destroying the Combine and being Ohio State's all-time sack leader, (opting instead to take a decent RT prospect whom Gholston allegedly owned in college), then you can probably be pretty sure that player sucks.

So the mighty one can never be wrong when it comes to a LB? IIRC, Long was a top 5 prospect. Is it not entirely possible that the mighty one thought that Long was the best player in the draft, and/or he was the best player for the Phags at the time?

So the mighty one can never be wrong when it comes to a LB? IIRC, Long was a top 5 prospect. Is it not entirely possible that the mighty one thought that Long was the best player in the draft, and/or he was the best player for the Phags at the time?

1. He wasn't wrong.

2. Every stop he makes, his first move is for the pass rusher.

1. He wasn't wrong.

2. Every stop he makes, his first move is for the pass rusher.

Yes the mighty one is never wrong, OK. No way possible that he thought Long was the best player in the draft and/or for his team, OK. You know for a fact that he thought Gholston would be a bust, OK. Sorry, but I would not base my draft pick decision on what someone else does with the 1st pick in the draft for a 1-15 team. That's just plain assinine.

Parcells always rebuilt the OL...in '98 the Jets started new guys at LT and C, and kept Jumbo Elliot a Parcells pick from the Giants back in '88. Cowboys in '05 had 2-3 different starters. Both teams teams ran the ball better and more often...Parcells didn't draft Ware until his 3rd year there...

I do guess that there's a point in if Parcels passes on a pass rusher then F it, but Long was considered the most solid prospect in the draft and his combine showed him to be a freak athlete himself. Remember, Parcells also has the whole Global theory where there's only a finite amount of really athletic 300 pound men, and when one shows up you better take it...He toook Long, the Rams took the best DL, the Falcons went QB, the Raiders went the best offensive player in McFadden, the Chiefs took the best DT, and we were left with the guy with the most perceived upside as a pass rusher...he didn't work out...it almost sucks except the team is on it's best run everz in 40 years anyway. I do wish he had drafted Pace in '98 with that same thought in mind...oh how different things would be.

Parcells always rebuilt the OL...in '98 the Jets started new guys at LT and C, and kept Jumbo Elliot a Parcells pick from the Giants back in '88. Cowboys in '05 had 2-3 different starters. Both teams teams ran the ball better and more often...Parcells didn't draft Ware until his 3rd year there...

I do guess that there's a point in if Parcels passes on a pass rusher then F it, but Long was considered the most solid prospect in the draft and his combine showed him to be a freak athlete himself. Remember, Parcells also has the whole Global theory where there's only a finite amount of really athletic 300 pound men, and when one shows up you better take it...He toook Long, the Rams took the best DL, the Falcons went QB, the Raiders went the best offensive player in McFadden, the Chiefs took the best DT, and we were left with the guy with the most perceived upside as a pass rusher...he didn't work out...it almost sucks except the team is on it's best run everz in 40 years anyway. I do wish he had drafted Pace in '98 with that same thought in mind...oh how different things would be.

Off the top of my head, Parcells has drafted two OL in the first round in his entire life: Brian Williams and Jake Long. That he left Gholston on the board for a guy projected as many to be a better RT prospect speaks volumes as to what he thought of Gholston, bro-haus.

Once Parcells passed on him to draft Jake Long, Tannenbaum should have treated Gholston like he was radioactive. Parcells enjoys drafting tackles in the first round about as much as Rex enjoys introspection.

While I agree with the premise. He took a LT over a franchise QB for a team that has been dying for QB since sh*thead.

While I agree with the premise. He took a LT over a franchise QB for a team that has been dying for QB since sh*thead.

Off topic JIF, but what is Urban doing in Arizona whoring himself on ESPN? I thought he was taking time off to spend it with his family?

Which job is he eying?

I'd bet that Matt Ryan reminded him too much of foofy Drew Bledsoe. He was locked in on Henne, whom I still believe could be niiiiice if he had a better coach.

I'd bet that Matt Ryan reminded him too much of foofy Drew Bledsoe. He was locked in on Henne, whom I still believe could be niiiiice if he had a better coach.

Ha! I was totally against Matt Ryan myself, so I cant really say anything but I'm not Parcells.

Henne's got all the tools, but he's not very smart me thinks. And he's a pussy. Didnt see that coming when I backed him to be a player.

Off the top of my head, Parcells has drafted two OL in the first round in his entire life: Brian Williams and Jake Long. That he left Gholston on the board for a guy projected as many to be a better RT prospect speaks volumes as to what he thought of Gholston, bro-haus.

Long's combine agility numbers were statistically better than D'Brick's...he answered all questions about his athleticism at the combine.

Ha! I was totally against Matt Ryan myself, so I cant really say anything but I'm not Parcells.

Henne's got all the tools, but he's not very smart me thinks. And he's a pussy. Didnt see that coming when I backed him to be a player.

Word. I don't think Henne is a super-genius by any stretch, but he's shown he can stand in and sling it for prolific numbers in some games, unlike a certain gheymofag we both know.

Long's combine agility numbers were statistically better than D'Brick's...he answered all questions about his athleticism at the combine.

Gato, I heart you. I dig your passion and commitment and willingness to stand behind what you believe. That said, Gholston is a sh*tbird, Schottenheimer sucks and Parcells would have drafted Vernon if he thought he'd be any good. Of these things I am convinced.

Gato, I heart you. I dig your passion and commitment and willingness to stand behind what you believe. That said, Gholston is a sh*tbird, Schottenheimer sucks and Parcells would have drafted Vernon if he thought he'd be any good. Of these things I am convinced.

You are wrong on one of three!

I kinda agree with the Parcells/Gholston thing, even if Long deserved to go that high in that crapfest draft. Still can't really fault the pick. It came in a draft where no one would have laughed if some bumblef*ck corner named Dominique-Rodgers Cromartie or a non-workhorse college RB got taken in the top 10...hell the 10th pick was some ILB from Maryland who rose up late after workouts...

I was a big fan of Brandon Albert. Only reason he didn't go in the top 10 is because he played LG rather than LT in college, because his teammates were D'Brick and Monroe. I was happy to see that he's one of the more successful players from that draft, though I still would like to see him play LG one day. He'd be the best LG in the league. PS, Schottenheimer's an awesome coach, Gholston sucks, and Parcells probably passed him because Long > Gholston at playing football.

Archived