Schottenheimer will not be fired

Jetlag

I'm sorry to be the one to crush everyone's dreams but BS will be calling our plays next season. Rex Ryan is our HC not Herm Edwards, he is not about to start throwing coordinators under the bus. Especially one's that have developed a rapport with the teams 24 year old franchise QB.

I'd suggest coming to this conclusion as soon as possible so as to not have your heart broken again.

P.S. This thread is not meant to be Pro-Schotty, because that a-hole really screwed the pooch last night, but instead point out the obvious.

I'm sorry to be the one to crush everyone's dreams but BS will be calling our plays next season. Rex Ryan is our HC not Herm Edwards, he is not about to start throwing coordinators under the bus. Especially one's that have developed a rapport with the teams 24 year old franchise QB.

I'd suggest coming to this conclusion as soon as possible so as to not have your heart broken again.

P.S. This thread is not meant to be Pro-Schotty, because that a-hole really screwed the pooch last night, but instead point out the obvious.

You're probably right, but let's hope you're wrong.

I just don't understand why they chose to run LT at the goal line when Shawn Greene is so obviously the better move. LT goes down on contact. Greene never goes down on first contact.

This reminds me of the Lamont Jordan situation when CMart was at the end of his career.

I just don't understand why they chose to run LT at the goal line when Shawn Greene is so obviously the better move. LT goes down on contact. Greene never goes down on first contact.

This reminds me of the Lamont Jordan situation when CMart was at the end of his career.

The only reason that has crossed my mind, and this might be crazy...but LT has the 2nd most TD's in the history of the game.

And Schotty wont be fired because he's got the support of his HC and QB.

The only reason that has crossed my mind, and this might be crazy...but LT has the 2nd most TD's in the history of the game.And Schotty wont be fired because he's got the support of his HC and QB.

That's nice for a resume, but you play the hot hand.

The only reason that has crossed my mind, and this might be crazy...but LT has the 2nd most TD's in the history of the game.

And Schotty wont be fired because he's got the support of his HC and QB.

With that logic, we shouldn't have drafted Sanchez in the first place and should have signed Dan Marino out of the broadcast booth instead. Or Joe Montana, or Jim Kelly, or John Elway....

LT is a has-been at the end of a game at the end of a long season at the end of a long career. It's a young man's game and RB in particular is a young man's position. You give it to the young bull, no matter how LT ran when he was in his prime, because he is years removed from what he once was.

That's nice for a resume, but you play the hot hand.

With that logic, we shouldn't have drafted Sanchez in the first place and should have signed Dan Marino out of the broadcast booth instead. Or Joe Montana, or Jim Kelly, or John Elway....

LT is a has-been at the end of a game at the end of a long season at the end of a long career. It's a young man's game and RB in particular is a young man's position. You give it to the young bull, no matter how LT ran when he was in his prime, because he is years removed from what he once was.

I'm not saying it was wrong or right or I agree with the decision. I'm just stating the logic. 4th down, need a TD in a big moment. Are you going to trust Greene and his 6 career TD's or LT and his 144 career TD's. I'm thinking that situation, is exactly why they brought LT here in the first place.

I'm not saying it was wrong or right or I agree with the decision. I'm just stating the logic. 4th down, need a TD in a big moment. Are you going to trust Greene and his 6 career TD's or LT and his 144 career TD's. I'm thinking that situation, is exactly why they brought LT here in the first place.

think so too.. reminded me of herm with martin, especially in big spots

No, that is not why he was brought in here.

He was brought in for his leadership, receiving out of the backfield, pass blocking and to give Greene spells. At least that is what they said at the time and it all made sense. Then LT showed some early flashes that he may have a lot left and he became the starter. But by mid season, it was very obvious that he was past his prime as a runner. Unfortunately, Schotty is a f#cking retard, and takes awhile to pick up on things.

No, that is not why he was brought in here.

He was brought in for his leadership, receiving out of the backfield, pass blocking and to give Greene spells. At least that is what they said at the time and it all made sense. Then LT showed some early flashes that he may have a lot left and he became the starter. But by mid season, it was very obvious that he was past his prime as a runner. Unfortunately, Schotty is a f#cking retard, and takes awhile to pick up on things.

Right and wrong. LT was brought here for all those reasons, but being a goalline runner was 100% part of their reasoning. He's been our goalline guy all year long and they clearly stuck to that plan.

Again, in that situation, you have the one of the greatest goalline runners of all time or you have Shonn Greene. And I'm not saying they are right or wrong, just telling you what the logic was, IMO.

Right and wrong. LT was brought here for all those reasons, but being a goalline runner was 100% part of their reasoning. He's been our goalline guy all year long and they clearly stuck to that plan.

Again, in that situation, you have the one of the greatest goalline runners of all time or you have Shonn Greene. And I'm not saying they are right or wrong, just telling you what the logic was, IMO.

Bullsh*t. I was in San Diego during LT's prime. They never ran him on goal line situations. They always used Neal or Turner. When they ran LT near the endzone it was almost always to the outside.

even old LT would've gotten in if he was given 4 straight handoffs. :(

Then why when Pitt was at the goal line did they choose to run Mendenhall when they could have chosen either Rocky Bleier or Franco Harris? Those guys are HOFer's. It made no sense.

To me at that point, if you're throwing on 3rd down then you're obligated to throw on 4th and conversely if they had just run the ball on 3rd down then they would have been forced to run again on 4th. That 3rd down call was the worst call of the night and then it got followed up with another bad play.

I too have no choice (UG - THIS HURTS! :puke:) but to agree.

It was not the offense's fault for yesterday's loss.

Our run defense could not reset against a (and I can pull the stats) broken Offensive line for the 1st half.

That killed us.

Shottenheimer (unfortunately) will be here the next 2 years (one year after the lockout) Guaranteed.

And that hurts even more...

Oh, you are absolutely dead on as to their reasoning. It was just a mistake. When one guy is averaging over 5 YPC and breaking tackles and the other guy is averaging under 2 YPC and falling down like Julius Caesar, you play the former in that situation. I don't care what their names or resumes are.

Bullsh*t. I was in San Diego during LT's prime. They never ran him on goal line situations. They always used Neal or Turner. When they ran LT near the endzone it was almost always to the outside.

bwahahahhahahahahahhahah deep breath bwhwhahahahahahahahahaaha

Lorenzo Neal had 2 TD's in 5 seasons with the Chargers and Michael Turner had 6 TD's is 4 years. Meanwhile, LT had 138 TD's...but he wasnt getting the goalline carries.

LOL - thats a good one.

Then why when Pitt was at the goal line did they choose to run Mendenhall when they could have chosen either Rocky Bleier or Franco Harris? Those guys are HOFer's. It made no sense.

LOL - I'm not saying I agree with the call, I'm just telling you the logic.

Oh, you are absolutely dead on as to their reasoning. It was just a mistake. When one guy is averaging over 5 YPC and breaking tackles and the other guy is averaging under 2 YPC and falling down like Julius Caesar, you play the former in that situation. I don't care what their names or resumes are.

For the 100th time in this thread...I'm not saying it right or wrong or that I agree with the decision. I'm telling you why he was in their carrying the ball in that situation over Shonn Greene.

100% correct LT NEVER was an inside guy, he was primarily used as an outside guy becuase of his speed....This doesnt mean he never ran on the inside, just primarily to the outside....As for Greene, we all saw him pounding the Dline and run over the LB...on 1st and goal, Greene should have had 4 chances to get the TD...the reason why that didnt happen only the Jets know, but in retrospect it was the WRONG MOVE...PERIOD

Shonn greene was running for 5 YPC, i understand LT's credentials but they had to go with Greene there. Bad call and I'm surprised jif is defending it so strongly..

****u...I'm not taking your bait. h8u

100% correct LT NEVER was an inside guy, he was primarily used as an outside guy becuase of his speed....This doesnt mean he never ran on the inside, just primarily to the outside....As for Greene, we all saw him pounding the Dline and run over the LB...on 1st and goal, Greene should have had 4 chances to get the TD...the reason why that didnt happen only the Jets know, but in retrospect it was the WRONG MOVE...PERIOD

Yep. LT never ran inside...he's the 6th all time leading rusher in yardage, 2nd all time in TD's, 5th all time in attempts...yet he never ran inside. He gained every single on of those yards and TD's bouncing it outside. :blink:

****u...I'm not taking your bait. h8u

Yep. LT never ran inside...he's the 6th all time leading rusher in yardage, 2nd all time in TD's, 5th all time in attempts...yet he never ran inside. He gained every single on of those yards and TD's bouncing it outside. :blink:

You can tell someone is retarded or knows their argument sucks when they have to insist on using strawman and scope shifts.

We told you he doesn't do short yardage (goal line) work and when he does it's predominantly to the outside. Both of us clearly avoided the universal, which of course is the very thing you hung your hat on.

You need to go back and look through all those TDs and see how many were up the gut in order to be making a cogent point. He definitely has a few, no doubt. Neither of us posted that he had none. But he was primarily an outside runner and was constantly pulled in short yardage. Goal line generally is extended to mean 3rd and 1s and other short yardage situations, it was my mistake to not predict you wouldn't get that though and would immediately talk about TDs.

You need to calm down and stop trying to act like this is personal. You only make yourself look like an idiot when you do that.

You can tell someone is retarded or knows their argument sucks when they have to insist on using strawman and scope shifts.

We told you he doesn't do short yardage (goal line) work and when he does it's predominantly to the outside. Both of us clearly avoided the universal, which of course is the very thing you hung your hat on.

You need to go back and look through all those TDs and see how many were up the gut in order to be making a cogent point. He definitely has a few, no doubt. Neither of us posted that he had none. But he was primarily an outside runner and was constantly pulled in short yardage. Goal line generally is extended to mean 3rd and 1s and other short yardage situations, it was my mistake to not predict you wouldn't get that though and would immediately talk about TDs.

You need to calm down and stop trying to act like this is personal. You only make yourself look like an idiot when you do that.

I am an idiot and retarded...so what do I care?

Bottom line is, you dont have the stats he does if you NEVER (what you guys said) run inside. Thats just crazy. This day in age, its hard to miss a TD from week to week. Especially if you're like me who watches Football highlights, breakdowns, etc, 24/7. I'm sure me and everyone else here posting has seen 90% of LTs career TDs...and I saw him plenty of times running inside for TD or going over the pack or just running right up the center a$$. It happened plenty of times.

You dont get 144 career TDs and become known as one of the greatest all time goalline carries, with a knack for the endzone without running inside. Thats just crazy talk dude.

Bottom line is, you dont have the stats he does if you NEVER (what you guys said) run inside. Thats just crazy. This day in age, its hard to miss a TD from week to week. Especially if you're like me who watches Football highlights, breakdowns, etc, 24/7. I'm sure me and everyone else here posting has seen 90% of LTs career TDs...and I saw him plenty of times running inside for TD or going over the pack or just running right up the center a$$. It happened plenty of times.

You dont get 144 career TDs and become known as one of the greatest all time goalline carries, with a knack for the endzone without running inside. Thats just crazy talk dude.

Stop bringing up LT's career numbers.

They could not be any less relevant when talking about the Jets version. If he's not done, then he's not what he was. It's pointless. Greene is the better back, he was the hot back and he's the more powerful back. He had to be the guy getting the ball. Simplz.

Bottom line is, you dont have the stats he does if you NEVER (what you guys said) run inside. Thats just crazy.

I honestly think now that you just have reading comprehension problems. At least I do not think you are intentionally doing this.

Stop bringing up LT's career numbers.

They could not be any less relevant when talking about the Jets version. If he's not done, then he's not what he was. It's pointless. Greene is the better back, he was the hot back and he's the more powerful back. He had to be the guy getting the ball. Simplz.

Who's arguing that?

I honestly think now that you just have reading comprehension problems. At least I do not think you are intentionally doing this.

Your words my friend...

Yeah, he'll be back. Just please don't be complete garbage for the first 14 weeks again. I have a tiny bit of hope going forward. He got his sh*t together a little earlier this year; maybe he'll get it together even a little earlier next year. They should take his playbook from him though and remove all the garbage plays in the offseason though. Especially all the reverse crap. I don't like the "lets have a slow developing play 5-10 yards in the backfield" idea. That sh*t might have worked back in the day, but now that every team seems to be emphasizing speed on defense, its time has passed.

Archived