Sanchez on Dan Patrick Show" (LT) better come back. I want him back"

Blackout

Sanchez says all the right things. He's a leader and a genuine nice guy.

But LT flew out of the chute last year like a guy out to prove something, and then faded fast. If the Jets choose to let him go, well, that's the business and I'd have no problem with it. RB is a young man's game. Hopefully McKnight's learned a lot this season, and the team gained some confidence in him as the year went on. Be great if he could step up as next in the Leon Washington/Brad Smith line.

There are always RB's in the undrafted heap (see Woodhead, Danny; Blout, LeGarrette). They just need some filler behind Greene.

But LT flew out of the chute last year like a guy out to prove something, and then faded fast. If the Jets choose to let him go, well, that's the business and I'd have no problem with it. RB is a young man's game. Hopefully McKnight's learned a lot this season, and the team gained some confidence in him as the year went on. Be great if he could step up as next in the Leon Washington/Brad Smith line.

There are always RB's in the undrafted heap (see Woodhead, Danny; Blout, LeGarrette). They just need some filler behind Greene.

I think it would be great if McKnight could step up and yet still keep LT on. He faded fast as a runner, but even at the end of the year the guy was still great as a receiver. It became clear that the problem was, he just didn't have the speed or tackle breaking ability to get out into the open field anymore. But as we saw when he was catching passes, once he does get the ball in his hands in the open field, he can still make some serious moves and break some ankles for extra yards. He was a big time target on a lot of the early throws in almost all of the Jets game-winning drives this year and clearly a nice security blanket for Sanchez.

With 3 of the Jets top 4 WRs as FAs and even then, a number of them with serious catching issues and a TE who can't decide how well he does or doesn't want to play, I think the Jets have to consider their QB's comfort level here. The only way this changes is if McKnight proves in training camp that he's ready to take on a serious role as a receiving back in the Jets offense.

yea he was on Boomer and Carton a little while ago trying to be heard while Joe Theismann was hawking products and telling us stories of why they decided to pronounce his name to rhyme with Heisman-O.M.G.

I can just imagine that. Theismann is clearly a guy who loves the sound of his own voice and also can't stand not being the center of attention.

nice of him to stay, but i hope they'll make decisions based on the field stuff.. I'd like to bring Ricki Williams in personally.. he was a beast 2 years ago and maybe has somethign left after all that time off..

I think Greene requires more than filler. I like him, but he seems a little untrustworthy and I think this team is good enough they need somebody they can trust. I'm hopeful that Greene will grow up and step to the plate as a true #1 and not a 1A or 1B, but I don't think it's a given. I think LT was fine and he had more ypc than Greene. Sure he suffered down the stretch but so did the Oline. I keep repeating it, but guys were hurt. He ran well in the playoffs against the Colts and Pats.

I agree about if the Jets choose to release him I'd have no problem with it, but that is because internally they know if my theories about Greene's maturity and the Oline have any validity and they can tell if LT really wore down. I don't see them cutting him though because I don't think he has any bonus due and until there is a new CBA they should keep all options open. The only guy I expect to see cut is Gholston and that is based on his bonus, not his sucking.

I;d like to have two bigger backs(Greene and someone else) and LT as the 3rd down guy

I don't see that happening. They aren't ditching McKnight and I don't see them carrying 4 RBs after only carrying 2 for most of Rex's tenure. Maybe when Richardson retires, but I doubt it.

nice of him to stay, but i hope they'll make decisions based on the field stuff.. I'd like to bring Ricki Williams in personally.. he was a beast 2 years ago and maybe has somethign left after all that time off..

We know, the two of you at a Phish concert noodle dancing and happy happy smoke mon. hahah Try staying objective bra.

Archived