So the Yankees lineup looks like this (as of Feb 9th 2011)?

Blackout

Plese feel free to add on

C Francisco Cervelli

1B Marky Mark

2B Robby Cano

SS Derek Jeatah

3B Alex "don't show me with Cameron Diaz" Rodriguez

OF Brett Gardnah

OF Curtis Granderson

OF Nick Swishaliscous

DH Jorge Posada

bench: Andruw Jones, Russell Martin, Kevin Russo, Colin Curtis

S Sabathia

S Hughes

S Chamberlain

S Burnett

S ?Sergio Mirte? (please no)

RP Soriano

RP Dumbasso Marte

RP ?Boone Logan?

CL Mariano

please tell me I'm missing some good players, like a 5th pitcher

Cervelli isn't the starter. He's a backup. Russell Martin will start.

Chamberlain will not be a starter. Replace him with Ivan Nova. 5th starter will likely be whoever wins it. Between Mitre, Freddy Garcia, and Bartolo Colon. Ramiro Pena, Eduardo Nunez, and Ronnie Belliard will likely compete for 2 bench spots. What I have below is what I would do if the season started tomorrow, but obviously the team isn't done being constructed. Also Jesus Montero will likely break in the big at some point during the season. Though I assume he'll start in AAA, unless either Martin or Posada get injured.

Starters:

C. Russell Martin

1B. Mark Teixeira

2B. Robinson Cano

SS. Derek Jeter

3B. Alex Rodriguez

LF. Brett Gardner

CF. Curtis Granderson

RF. Nick Swisher

DH. Jorge Posada

Bench:

C. Fransico Cervelli

OF. Andruw Jones

OF. Colin Curtis

IF. Eduardo Nunez

IF. Ronnie Belliard

Rotation:

LHP. CC Sabathia

RHP. Phil Hughes

RHP. A.J. Burnett

RHP. Ivan Nova

RHP. Sergio Mitre/Freddy Garcia/Bartolo Colon

Bullpen:

RHP. Mariano Rivera

RHP. Rafael Soriano

LHP. Pedro Feliciano

RHP. David Robertson

LHP. Boone Logan

RHP. Joba Chamberlain

jesus this is gonna be ugly

No, because Jesus Montero figures to get either Belliard's or Cervelli's spot on the bench and see a lot of time at catcher. This is still a very good lineup, but would help a bunch if several of Jeter's groundouts turn into line drive base hits.

The Yanks at some point are going to have to address that rotation through trade. They will just have to.

Figure Austin Romine("Orson Romaine" as per Mike Francesa)or Montero are dealt.

However, one thing not listed abovet-Betances is the real deal. He's fully healthy. Could be by June he is in the rotation.

The rotation sucks. Cashman couldn't care any less either...he's gone once the season ends.

The more I read this the more I believe it...I hope he finds his way to the Cubs....read a Joba piece where it sounds like the decision to not let him start is almost totally Cashman's, and Joba doesn't really seem happy with it...personally, I think he should get another shot to start.

I am really bummed that Joba won't be starting, or given a shot to. They have such a need, it seems like such a natural fit. I know his velocity is down but isn't the bullpen what did that to him?

Cashman --- it is a miracle that he has survived as long as he has. With all the resources he has I can't believe he hasn't taken more heat over the years.

I am really bummed that Joba won't be starting, or given a shot to. They have such a need, it seems like such a natural fit. I know his velocity is down but isn't the bullpen what did that to him?

Cashman --- it is a miracle that he has survived as long as he has. With all the resources he has I can't believe he hasn't taken more heat over the years.

probably because he's made the post season ever year beside 1. with a handful of world series rings. once you get there it's a crap shoot.

Joba hasn't been the same since he hurt himself in texas two years ago, he lost a couple mph off of every pitch, and since batters no longer have to really fear his fastball, they can sit on his slider and aren't fooled like they were when he made his rise. He has had to learn to pitch and he just flat out is a headcase.

The rotation isn't going to be as bad as everyone makes it out to be; CC is going to be the horse that he has been, Hughes can hopefully build on the promising first half he had last year (keep his legs under him for a full 200 innings), Rothschild was brought on as our pitching coach for the main reason as he's considered a "mechanics guru" and to get AJ where he needs to be. Nova showed a lot last year and as long as he can give a solid 6 innings, our bullpen, which will be our strength, should be capable of getting us the win. I will agree that Mitre, Colon or Garcia aren't really mlb starters, but for a 5th spot it's not nearly as bad as some make it out to be.

The lineup and bullpen is going to be good enough to mask a lot of our inefficiencies with the back end of our rotation, which should get us to the playoffs where hopefully we will have two guys step up besides CC when it matters. This should be a team that's good enough for 90 wins, but 89 wins didn't get the sox in last year, so it shall be an interesting september.

Amazed a Yankee fan had Cervelli and Joba penciled in the line-up.

As Bugg said the Yanks will be hoping Nova or one of the other kids are ready now and that Colon/Garcia gives them a Aaron Small type season.

The Yanks will be all over the first big SP who becomes available. The line-up is too good and somewhat up there in age to not pay whatever the price is for a pitcher. It's just a question of when one becomes available.

What is mandatory is that Burnett and Hughes are better than last season. The Yankee bats hide a lot of pitching sins but Hughes cannot be expected to be a 5 inning pitcher getting 6 runs of support again to the tune of 18 wins. I think his 5 plus ERA over his last 20 appearances was due to the innings catching up to him. Whatever the reason, the Yanks cannot afford a repeat.

Yanks have been through this before and survived as recently as 2006 and 2007 when they won the East and finished 2nd with the likes of Jaret Wright, Cory Lidle (R.I.P.), Shawn Chacon, Tyler Clippard, Darrel Rasner and Kei Igawa. Both seasons were play-off appearances albeit short stays which is never the goal in the Bronx and the reason why a highly touted Montero and SP prospect may have to go in a trade for the right Ace come June-July.

There was no plan B for Lee taking less money as no one could have forseen that. Just have to be patient now.

Amazed a Yankee fan had Cervelli and Joba penciled in the line-up.

As Bugg said the Yanks will be hoping Nova or one of the other kids are ready now and that Colon/Garcia gives them a Aaron Small type season.

The Yanks will be all over the first big SP who becomes available. The line-up is too good and somewhat up there in age to not pay whatever the price is for a pitcher. It's just a question of when one becomes available.

What is mandatory is that Burnett and Hughes are better than last season. The Yankee bats hide a lot of pitching sins but Hughes cannot be expected to be a 5 inning pitcher getting 6 runs of support again to the tune of 18 wins. I think his 5 plus ERA over his last 20 appearances was due to the innings catching up to him. Whatever the reason, the Yanks cannot afford a repeat.

Yanks have been through this before and survived as recently as 2006 and 2007 when they won the East and finished 2nd with the likes of Jaret Wright, Cory Lidle (R.I.P.), Shawn Chacon, Tyler Clippard, Darrel Rasner and Kei Igawa. Both seasons were play-off appearances albeit short stays which is never the goal in the Bronx and the reason why a highly touted Montero and SP prospect may have to go in a trade for the right Ace come June-July.

There was no plan B for Lee taking less money as no one could have forseen that. Just have to be patient now.

problem with the comparison to the '06 and '07 teams... i don't think the rest of the league, especially the AL East are as good as they are now.

problem with the comparison to the '06 and '07 teams... i don't think the rest of the league, especially the AL East are as good as they are now.

4 and 5 teams each won 90 games in 06 and 07. The AL East did not have the arrival of a strong Rays team yet back then but I think you would agree that this year is a step back year for both the Rays and Toronto. Yanks line-up and pen assures a play-off birth barring injuries. The final product rotation spots 2 through 4 will determine how far they go once they get there.

The more I read this the more I believe it...I hope he finds his way to the Cubs....read a Joba piece where it sounds like the decision to not let him start is almost totally Cashman's, and Joba doesn't really seem happy with it...personally, I think he should get another shot to start.

Cashman to the Cubs?

Only if you take Hendry off our hands.

Archived