Adam Schefter Tweet About CBA

Maxman

From the owners point of view they have very little to lose by trying to push the union. They have all the leverage and the union members all admit it. Jay Feely on the radio the other day said the only leverage the players have is the court system to try to block them from getting the TV revenue in the event the season is put on hold. Once it goes into March it becomes real for the players. They lose their benefits. They wont be paid their roster and option bonuses. By the end of the month workout bonuses are slowly going to start to vanish. The owners still get their draft and draft coverage. Essentially they will only be losing a few weeks of the offseason program which begins in mid March. Thats it. So this would be a way to simply put the pressure on the players.

From the owners point of view they have very little to lose by trying to push the union. They have all the leverage and the union members all admit it. Jay Feely on the radio the other day said the only leverage the players have is the court system to try to block them from getting the TV revenue in the event the season is put on hold. Once it goes into March it becomes real for the players. They lose their benefits. They wont be paid their roster and option bonuses. By the end of the month workout bonuses are slowly going to start to vanish. The owners still get their draft and draft coverage. Essentially they will only be losing a few weeks of the offseason program which begins in mid March. Thats it. So this would be a way to simply put the pressure on the players.

Though I know it's true, I find it hard to wrap my head around the idea that players who have been raking in one, two, eight-million dollars a year can't possibly miss a few paychecks for the sake of forcing a better deal down the line. Most of these snapperheads go out and live like Lil' Wayne, though, with the seven leased luxury cars and the rented mansions and leeching entourages. It'll be a shame when the union folds again because of sh*tbirds like Antonio Cromartie.

You know who's in a tough spot here? Draft-eligible players. I read that there was pressure being put on them to boycott the Combine and appearing at the draft. A lot of these kids get drafted higher than they would because they show up and run a 4.3 or show good feet in a pass-pro drill. If I'm a top player, locked in as a first, I'd do it. But if I'm Joe Blow from East Alabama State, I'm happily taking the invite.

You know who's in a tough spot here? Draft-eligible players. I read that there was pressure being put on them to boycott the Combine and appearing at the draft. A lot of these kids get drafted higher than they would because they show up and run a 4.3 or show good feet in a pass-pro drill. If I'm a top player, locked in as a first, I'd do it. But if I'm Joe Blow from East Alabama State, I'm happily taking the invite.

Bit has Joe Blow from East Alabama State going no higher than the second round

But if he runs a 4.6 at the Combine at 8% body fat, he'll be under bit's protection for life.

I wonder if Draft Daddy will be sending reports from Baumer's flag football league-IDK but I heard there is a certain player self described as a "bowling ball with razor blades"

I wonder if Draft Daddy will be sending reports from Baumer's flag football league-IDK but I heard there is a certain player self described as a "bowling ball with razor blades"

It would be the first football game covered by both Draft Daddy and the Journal of American Medicine.

Though I know it's true, I find it hard to wrap my head around the idea that players who have been raking in one, two, eight-million dollars a year can't possibly miss a few paychecks for the sake of forcing a better deal down the line. Most of these snapperheads go out and live like Lil' Wayne, though, with the seven leased luxury cars and the rented mansions and leeching entourages. It'll be a shame when the union folds again because of sh*tbirds like Antonio Cromartie.

Word.

It probably like the Vick financial situation, minus the dogs, where he started his career with a proven financial guy to manage and grow his money. Then he starts listening to his 'crew' and appoints an asian lady from Oklahoma to manage his money and squander it away.

They are after all football players, not rocket scientists.

Word.

It probably like the Vick financial situation, minus the dogs, where he started his career with a proven financial guy to manage and grow his money. Then he starts listening to his 'crew' and appoints an asian lady from Oklahoma to manage his money and squander it away.

They are after all football players, not rocket scientists.

I remember hearing about one player who was actually a rocket scientist. Can't fricken remember who it was though.

Archived