WHERE IN THE WORLD IS TOM BRADY?

BaumerJet

He's vacationing with his family, BFD :rolleyes:

Actually, he's not vacationing - he had to go with MRS. BUNDCHON to Rio so he could be with her when she performs in Rio De Janeiro's Samba Parade Tomorrow.

He was on OGLOBO a few hours ago & they called him "MR. BUNDCHON!!" tongue.gif

You honestly think Brady gives a sh*t if there's football next season?

at this point I'm not so sure if I do either Matt. I just picked up a nice 4:30-7:30 Sunday gig at the hottest place in town and I know that when football season comes that one goes.

What war-ensemble said is dead on.

Brady is part of the Manning, Brees group that will file a lawsuit against the NFL if the union de-certifies.

http://www.boston.co...t_brady_ag.html

And yet instead of standing as his union rep for his team (Like he was instructed to do) he jets off to Rio for a month.

Must be nice to have so much money, you don't care what happens if you get locked out.

And yet instead of standing as his union rep for his team (Like he was instructed to do) he jets off to Rio for a month.

Must be nice to have so much money, you don't care what happens if you get locked out.

Please provide a link to where he was 'instructed' to be there?

Matt Light is the Patriots' player representative. Brady is the alternate.

My uneducated guess is neither the NFL or NFLPA has every representative for every team in the meeting. That would be 64 player reps (assuming there i sonly one alternate), every owner and/or ownership group representative, league representatives and assorted lawyers who likely represent each group.

If this was truly the members sitting in on the negotiations, then we would never watch professional football again.

It is good to see that even despite your team's recent success you are getting wrapped up in what Mr. Budchen is doing.

My uneducated guess is neither the NFL or NFLPA has every representative for every team in the meeting. That would be 64 player reps (assuming there i sonly one alternate), every owner and/or ownership group representative, league representatives and assorted lawyers who likely represent each group.

If this was truly the members sitting in on the negotiations, then we would never watch professional football again.

It is good to see that even despite your team's recent success you are getting wrapped up in what Mr. Budchen is doing.

:P

No seriously though this thread is sort of weird.

Only because they made a huge deal last night on OGLOBO TV about Gisele...

I think the NFLPA wanted Brady to be in all these meetings because he , Manning, and Brees are the most visible players in the NFL. Manning and Brees have played ball (really more Manning a Brees was on board and involved with the CBA stuff for some time now) but Brady has basically been the guy that says he will do it but hasnt gone out of his way to represent the players. Hes the guy that signed a new deal when the union pretty much wanted he and Manning to both sit on the sidelines in regards to contracts. Manning played ball and Brady did not. Cant blame Brady for that (and I believe he has his own lockout insurance based on the timing of his signing bonus money so that he will continue to get millions from Kraft this year), but Id think some of the players dont like having him as the face on the potential lawsuit since it certainly seems his heart is not in it. Personally I think its a mistake to have the highest paid players be the one crying foul in court. Right now I think the fans either side with no one or with the players in this case, which is rare in sports negotiations. Having guys making 15-20 million a year, one of which is a free agent and another who decided to sign a mega deal with one of these organizations, bring suit against the NFL is not a good PR decision, IMO. Its the lower paid guys who should be the faces of those lawsuits especially since those are the guys that can actually paint the picture of just how short a NFL career can be and how it is not as financially rewarding as everyone may think when you consider some of the long term expenses associated with it. A guy with 150 million in the bank cant make the same plea and have anyone care. If anything its just going to make people mad.

Only because they made a huge deal last night on OGLOBO TV about Gisele...

WTF is OGlobo?

I think the NFLPA wanted Brady to be in all these meetings because he , Manning, and Brees are the most visible players in the NFL. Manning and Brees have played ball (really more Manning a Brees was on board and involved with the CBA stuff for some time now) but Brady has basically been the guy that says he will do it but hasnt gone out of his way to represent the players. Hes the guy that signed a new deal when the union pretty much wanted he and Manning to both sit on the sidelines in regards to contracts. Manning played ball and Brady did not. Cant blame Brady for that (and I believe he has his own lockout insurance based on the timing of his signing bonus money so that he will continue to get millions from Kraft this year), but Id think some of the players dont like having him as the face on the potential lawsuit since it certainly seems his heart is not in it. Personally I think its a mistake to have the highest paid players be the one crying foul in court. Right now I think the fans either side with no one or with the players in this case, which is rare in sports negotiations. Having guys making 15-20 million a year, one of which is a free agent and another who decided to sign a mega deal with one of these organizations, bring suit against the NFL is not a good PR decision, IMO. Its the lower paid guys who should be the faces of those lawsuits especially since those are the guys that can actually paint the picture of just how short a NFL career can be and how it is not as financially rewarding as everyone may think when you consider some of the long term expenses associated with it. A guy with 150 million in the bank cant make the same plea and have anyone care. If anything its just going to make people mad.

How do you know?

I have heard Brees talk about the issues around the Superbowl, but have yet to see Manning and Brady in front of cameras. The only thing I have read is them lending their names to the lawsuit if it happens.

All I am saying is the only Colt I have seen is Jeff Saturday. Not Peyton. And no Brees since the Superbowl.

If Brady was the only player of all the primary and alternate player reps not there, then this thread would have a point.

My guess, is there are alot more high salary players doing what Brady is doing than what Saturday is doing.

Archived