Remember Jeter?

Matt39

Seriously. The Yankees are completely handcuffed now. They'll only be able to trade for Pujols, Chris Carpenter and Ichiro at the deadline, but they won't be able to afford Hanley Ramirez now. OH CRUEL FATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha Ha

Repped

A few years? Are you ******* insane? He hit .334 in 2009. I'm sure you can find some bullsh*t geek stat to explain how .334 with a .406 OBP (both 3rd in the AL) and 18 homers is somehow an off year, but you won't be able to convince me. The guy had one off year and he hit .270 then. It will be interesting to see how they handle dropping him in the lineup, but that probably won't be necessary until 2015. As for dropping him this year, sure he was slumping, but who was hitting well enough to move up? Swisher and Posada certainly didn't deserve to be moved up.

And he has a ton of them on his body. 17th season. Probably another season (at least) worth of post season play on top of that.

Jim Rice was a power hitter who hit in the .300s one year and the next (and last two of his career) was a shell of himself? Why? Players get old.

This is probably more a testament of Jeter being clean.

And he has a ton of them on his body. 17th season. Probably another season (at least) worth of post season play on top of that.

Jim Rice was a power hitter who hit in the .300s one year and the next (and last two of his career) was a shell of himself? Why? Players get old.

This is probably more a testament of Jeter being clean.

He is old and he was slumping. That much is true. You want to determine he is done based on that do so at your own peril, but at least I see the logic.

OTOH, saying that he has been "on the downside the past few years" is moronic. In 2009 he may have had his best season and was a legit MVP candidate.

JonE, please quote my post saying Derek Jeter is done. I said it would be interesting to see how they handled it. Never said he was done.

And what Pedroia in a slump has to do with any of this is beyond me. By the end of the season I'm sure Pedroia will be hitting just fine.

Jeter has been on the downside for the past few years. Pedroia is 27 an should be entering his prime. A slump is something all players go through in a given season.

I am not a flopper. And I at least know the difference between your and you're.

WHat are you insinuating then? How the Yanks and Girardi will handle Jeter's MVP's trophy?

He is old and he was slumping. That much is true. You want to determine he is done based on that do so at your own peril, but at least I see the logic.

OTOH, saying that he has been "on the downside the past few years" is moronic. In 2009 he may have had his best season and was a legit MVP candidate.

Dude...he is 37. It is all downside from 30. You know what I am talking about. ;)

While he might be two years removed from a great season, he is clearly not what he once was. It does not mean he can be dangerous and have a Kevin Garnett like game/series.

Dude...he is 37. It is all downside from 30. You know what I am talking about. ;)

While he might be two years removed from a great season, he is clearly not what he once was. It does not mean he can be dangerous and have a Kevin Garnett like game/series.

It may be downside for us, but if that was his "downside" at 35 I am quite okay with it.

It may be downside for us, but if that was his "downside" at 35 I am quite okay with it.

2009 was a good year for him, if not great. That said, with the exception of 2009, his OPS has gone down every year since 2006. I'm sure that is what was meant by "downside".

WHat are you insinuating then? How the Yanks and Girardi will handle Jeter's MVP's trophy?

I wasn't insinuating anything. I said it would be interesting to see how they handle it. It being his slow start. Just like Carl Crawford's slow start it was interesting to see how Francona handled it. Now both players are turning it around.

I wasn't insinuating anything. I said it would be interesting to see how they handle it. It being his slow start. Just like Carl Crawford's slow start it was interesting to see how Francona handled it. Now both players are turning it around.

Lets be honest....I don't think Francona envisioned his teams $140 Million Dollar investment to bat 8th

The Yanks are know for some horrible contracts, but IMO this Crawford contract will go down as the worst ever

So you are comparing a huge contract of a player that IS playing in the Major Leagues, and know one knows how he will perform, vs. a player who has become a career minor leaguer?

Does Scranton need a matinee idol that much?

Shall I go down the list of poor Mess contracts, starting at George Foster?

Lets be honest....I don't think Francona envisioned his teams $140 Million Dollar investment to bat 8th

The Yanks are know for some horrible contracts, but IMO this Crawford contract will go down as the worst ever

He's hitting .341 in May. Let's not be hasty in judging the guy who got off to a slow start. Teixeira hit .200 his first month as a Yankee.

None of them truly are. That said, I don't see why he isn't worth the money in the grand scheme of things.

He's your number 8 hitter

He's too much of a pussE to bat leadoff

He is a player that made his $$$$ running the bases....he needs to get on bases 1st

He's your number 8 hitter

He's too much of a pussE to bat leadoff

He is a player that made his $$$$ running the bases....he needs to get on bases 1st

He wouldn't bat leadoff. Ellsbury is the leadoff hitter. Not sure exactly where he fits yet but it isn't a terrible problem to have

Archived