The Office Mafia Game Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe I've been agreeing with jif so much the past few pages.

Imo, with a dl tonight, let's look at the info we have right now. 80s role in no way seems beneficial to town, and is a power we've commonly seen as scum, right?

I think they moved it to Wed. night to celebrate the long awaited return of JiF.

I can't believe I've been agreeing with jif so much the past few pages.

Imo, with a dl tonight, let's look at the info we have right now. 80s role in no way seems beneficial to town, and is a power we've commonly seen as scum, right?

What was 80's role again? Was it stop a lynch?

I did find it ironic that JF80 mentioned Angela, moments before he revealed. Could have been an easy convenient fake reveal, but also dont see him being that bold as a first time scum.

JiF, I just looked back to see what you were referencing, and this isn't true. I only mentioned Angela in my reveal post. Not sure what you're looking at.

I find it hilarious that the 2nd lowest post count questions me for posting only fluff. I still have just as much "non-fluff" as Wombat, and I'm doing the same thing I do every game. I'm not changing that any time soon, so get over it.

What happens if AVM is scum and you're town, or vice versa? Is TEH FUUUUSSSSION broken forever?

You do not understand. I am Son Goku. He is the Prince of all Saiyans. We have a unique bond as we compete against each other yet have come to respect each other over the years. When the time calls for it, we join forces and use our fusion technique to lay waste to all of those who oppose us.

He was both my sons reason for getting into football. baby Crusher literally wore the letters of his first Chrebet jersey. I actually had a teacher ask me if he could wear something else4 cause kids picked on him. LOL

Cool picture Crusher, and Chrebet was a big reason why I became a Jets fan too. The 80 jersey was the first Jets jersey I ever owned, and is the reason why I'm Jetsfan80. I used this username since the JI days when I was still in High School and never felt the need to change it despite it being a bit childish.

Already happened 3 times or so. "TEH FUUUUSSSION" cannot be broken, my good friend.

You do not understand. I am Son Goku. He is the Prince of all Saiyans. We have a unique bond as we compete against each other yet have come to respect each other over the years. When the time calls for it, we join forces and use our fusion technique to lay waste to all of those who oppose us.

I am beginning to understand.....

JiF is now me! Good luck to everyone, JVoR has a great setup.

And everyone gets a free item if Verbal dies. ;) jk

Ok, perhaps we can still fight. It's back on for next game missy!

I'm at orgasm #2 and counting. :D

Post of the game.

So you're saying that the "letter of recommendation" is an object, even though the mod was clear that objects would only be passed out at night? Slip much?

You never seemed to mention this again. JVoR specifically stated in the OP that items were to be passed out on N1 unless otherwise noted, or some such wording. And reading the Ape's reveal of how he has no clue what it does until then, this just looked to be round a peg-square hole casing.

Add to this your complete assimilation into this new playstyle, and I think you're scum. (this part is a bit of meta - I know you, and this is not like you)

Unvote

Vote: DPR

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

DPR (5): CTM, Smash, AVM, Pac, Verbal

I28 (2): Sharrow, Jetscode1

CTM (2): JiF, DPR

JiF (2): J80, SMC

Jetsfan80 (1): Lily

Crusher (1): Hess

Lily (1): Vicious

Vicious (1): Brett

Sharrow (1): I28

AVM (1): Wombat

Not voting: Slats, Crusher

With 19 people alive, it takes 10 to lynch.

Deadline has been extended to Wednesday 12PM ET.

REVEALS REMAINING: 1

You never seemed to mention this again. JVoR specifically stated in the OP that items were to be passed out on N1 unless otherwise noted, or some such wording. And reading the Ape's reveal of how he has no clue what it does until then, this just looked to be round a peg-square hole casing.

Add to this your complete assimilation into this new playstyle, and I think you're scum. (this part is a bit of meta - I know you, and this is not like you)

Unvote

Vote: DPR

Pirate got explaining to do. I can think of a couple benign reason's this happened but Im interested in what the Pirate has to say.

vote DPR

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

DPR (6): CTM, Smash, AVM, Pac, Verbal, Crusher

AVM (1): Wombat

Not voting: Slats

I liked Vic & AVM's idea on the reveal limit, but agree that it's turned an organic process of pushing as many people we felt were scummy during the course of the day into a mechanical process of just simply getting our reveals each day.

JiF IMO its a necessary evil for the way we play. Otherwise it's nearly impossible to win ad scum. My only other proposition is very short cycles v

I think shorter cycles and strict deadlines (which you also had) could also be of help.

edit.. and the reason imo, people are hesitant to lynch is that we only play 1 game at a time here and they are large games. Getting axed day 1 means you are on the sideline for a few weeks

I tend to agree with this, too. I think one of the reasons things seem to drag is because with such a large group, it takes a long time to get any consensus, so there's a lot of other mindless chatter in there from the bigtime posters. But that's not something that can really be regulated, either. It can get annoying, but a big part of the fun here is the banter.

Might help if we ran occasional smaller games. If someone started a 12 person game midway thru this one, perhaps? I got killed early in the last one, and it seemed like I was sitting around forever. Lol!

That's very true... which is why I'm on DPR for basically dropping his pants and following this rule blindly.

Someone so headstrong doesn't just bend over for people he views as underlings.

Both very good points.

DPR's getting a lot of heat now, but I'm still trying to resist going there. Although it's starting to seem inevitable. His play style this game seems more patronizing of us than anything else to me -which I certainly find annoying- but that just fits who he is: a bag with which one douches.

If he is scum, he'll come up with a reveal that's more important and more townie-like than either of the J80 or I28 reveals, too. I can pretty much guarantee that. He should've lied about his townie role last game, and he does seem capable of learning.

if you guys keep bickering Slats is going to come in here and freak out again when he wakes up.

I can't believe I slept 'til noon again! I got this girl coming in this afternoon, and should really upgrade the filthiness of my home from garbage dump to -say- compost heap. I'm glad the deadline was moved. I wasn't going to be around this evening, but I should be able to be around before noon tomorrow (should I get up).

In the meantime...

vote: AVM

I'm sensing a weakness in teh fuuusion, too.

I find it hilarious that the 2nd lowest post count questions me for posting only fluff. I still have just as much "non-fluff" as Wombat, and I'm doing the same thing I do every game. I'm not changing that any time soon, so get over it.

This post is hitting me wrong.. feels way to artificial

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

DPR (6): CTM, Smash, AVM, Pac, Verbal, Crusher

AVM (2): Wombat, Slats

JiF, I just looked back to see what you were referencing, and this isn't true. I only mentioned Angela in my reveal post. Not sure what you're looking at.

You're right, I was going off memory at that point and I thought you mentioned the Senator connection before revealing, but you mentioned it after your reveal.

Carry on.

DPR's getting a lot of heat now, but I'm still trying to resist going there. Although it's starting to seem inevitable. His play style this game seems more patronizing of us than anything else to me -which I certainly find annoying- but that just fits who he is: a bag with which one douches.

If he is scum, he'll come up with a reveal that's more important and more townie-like than either of the J80 or I28 reveals, too. I can pretty much guarantee that. He should've lied about his townie role last game, and he does seem capable of learning.

I can't believe I slept 'til noon again! I got this girl coming in this afternoon, and should really upgrade the filthiness of my home from garbage dump to -say- compost heap. I'm glad the deadline was moved. I wasn't going to be around this evening, but I should be able to be around before noon tomorrow (should I get up).

In the meantime...

vote: AVM

I'm sensing a weakness in teh fuuusion, too.

This post is hitting me wrong.. feels way to artificial

I second this.

Fusion envy?

Archived