Mets "Bleeding cash" per ESPN

Blackout

Nope..........the Mets are a joke in every way. No one can deny that.

And for all the sh*tstorm that swirls around them, they have only one less championship than the Yankees over the last decade, and are within games of their record this year.

I love the front office that is in place for the Mets and any cash crisis they may face. They are going to build from within, and develop talent. That will enable to seize upon the appropriate free agents.

What the Mets and the rest of recent baseball has taught us is that the team with the largest payroll does not win more Championships than the other franchises.

In baseball its about getting to the playoffs, which the Yankees are very good at because they spend a lot of money.

Not too many low budget teams consistently making the playoffs. Its all about how much you spend in baseball.

In baseball its about getting to the playoffs, which the Yankees are very good at because they spend a lot of money.

Not too many low budget teams consistently making the playoffs. Its all about how much you spend in baseball.

I don't think the Mets are going to dip in the lower half of payroll.

It is one thing to spend money. It is another to spend money wisely, and have it mesh with a productive farm system.

We will see ho wit works. Spending hasn't worked for them

I don't think the Mets are going to dip in the lower half of payroll.

It is one thing to spend money. It is another to spend money wisely, and have it mesh with a productive farm system.

We will see ho wit works. Spending hasn't worked for them

Because they had the wrong people spending it.

For starters putting the 2 in the same sentence............ :rolleyes:

You debate like a 4 year old.

Good for you Visa, you managed to pick a team who had, what, 20 championships at least when you decided to follow them. You are so blessed.

And then , you choose to insult anyone else who follow another team?

You debate like a 4 year old.

Good for you Visa, you managed to pick a team who had, what, 20 championships at least when you decided to follow them. You are so blessed.

And then , you choose to insult anyone else who follow another team?

Been a Yankee fan all my life inherited from my grand father. Your right good for me cause the Mets suck on and off the field. They are an embarrassment to NY and Major League baseball.

If the shoe fits wear it.

laugh.gif

I love when Mets fans and Yankee fans fight.

And especially when Visa gets into yet another fight with someone over something stupid.

Excuse me, but whos fighting? I will always defend my opinion. I dont walk away like others. The Mets SUCK.

Excuse me, but whos fighting? I will always defend my opinion. I dont walk away like others. The Mets SUCK.

Ok. Bickering back and forth. Is that better?

And great to see you dont walk away. Always a sign of a smart man.laugh.gif

Mets suck? Yeah I guess since they are below .500. But that sucky team did beat the 2011 AL All Star team once this weekend.

When the Madoff story first broke, Wilpon and his media lackeys like Mike Lupica claimed this woulnd't effect how they run their operations even a bit.This was their stance right up unitl December; it was a lie.

They didn't mention getting $25 million in loans for MLB.

They didn't mention Saul Katz recruited people for Madoff only as long as they asked no questions.

They didn't mention that they assigned Arhtur Friedman to investigate whether they could get insurance from a Ponzi scheme on their Madoff investments.

They didn't mention that they were getting money out of Madoff right up until the end, while other lost millions.

And they didn't mention that they re losing money like crazy. And this has been because Wilpon is s cheap fvkc who like being an owner of an MLB franchise, but doens't like spending the cash necesssary to win, and he allows his idiot son to run the show. Alderson is probably the GM now only because MLB demanded it after the $25 million loan.

The abuse their fans with the faux Ebbets Field/Brooklyn Dodger crap. And worse, pretending every year they have a shot when Wilpon won't spend. Allowing Reyes to leave would be criminal, but typical.

They lied. Fred Wilpon lies every time he moves his lips. They wouldn't know the truth if it bit them on the a$$.

The Wilpons are lying scumbags who should sell the team before they do any more damage.

And for all the sh*tstorm that swirls around them, they have only one less championship than the Yankees over the last decade, and are within games of their record this year.

there's a big difference in winning a WS in 2009 and not winning one in 25 years

Ok. Bickering back and forth. Is that better?

And great to see you dont walk away. Always a sign of a smart man.laugh.gif

Mets suck? Yeah I guess since they are below .500. But that sucky team did beat the 2011 AL All Star team once this weekend.

Yea they got lucky or the Yankees felt sorry for them. Mets fans who beat their chests make me laugh. Then theres those that talk about spending money. The Mets have wasted alot of money on so called superstars who have sucked and got them nowhere. Theres the Bernie Madoff scandal to add to the misery. Yet theres many still beating their chests.

When the Madoff story first broke, Wilpon and his media lackeys like Mike Lupica claimed this woulnd't effect how they run their operations even a bit.This was their stance right up unitl December; it was a lie.

They didn't mention getting $25 million in loans for MLB.

They didn't mention Saul Katz recruited people for Madoff only as long as they asked no questions.

They didn't mention that they assigned Arhtur Friedman to investigate whether they could get insurance from a Ponzi scheme on their Madoff investments.

They didn't mention that they were getting money out of Madoff right up until the end, while other lost millions.

And they didn't mention that they re losing money like crazy. And this has been because Wilpon is s cheap fvkc who like being an owner of an MLB franchise, but doens't like spending the cash necesssary to win, and he allows his idiot son to run the show. Alderson is probably the GM now only because MLB demanded it after the $25 million loan.

The abuse their fans with the faux Ebbets Field/Brooklyn Dodger crap. And worse, pretending every year they have a shot when Wilpon won't spend. Allowing Reyes to leave would be criminal, but typical.

They lied. Fred Wilpon lies every time he moves his lips. They wouldn't know the truth if it bit them on the a$$.

The Wilpons are lying scumbags who should sell the team before they do any more damage.

Bugg, when the story first broke, there was no story of a clawback.

I know you can't resist getting a good dig in, but get the facts right. We get it, you don't like Wilpon. Neither do a lot of us. But get YOUR facts right.

Bugg, when the story first broke, there was no story of a clawback.

I know you can't resist getting a good dig in, but get the facts right. We get it, you don't like Wilpon. Neither do a lot of us. But get YOUR facts right.

Please. The Wilpons have Mike Lupica on speed dial to get out their bullsh*t story "we're victims here!" nonsense. And they have known since the day Madoff was arrested they at some point are going to have to sell the Mets. If Wilpon wasn't pals with Selig, Wilpon would have sold already. It's clear now why and how Alderson got this job; to perform an autopsy on this mess and figure out if Wilpon has to be jettisoned. And he does have to go.

Please. The Wilpons have Mike Lupica on speed dial to get out their bullsh*t story "we're victims here!" nonsense. And they have known since the day Madoff was arrested they at some point are going to have to sell the Mets. If Wilpon wasn't pals with Selig, Wilpon would have sold already. It's clear now why and how Alderson got this job; to perform an autopsy on this mess and figure out if Wilpon has to be jettisoned. And he does have to go.

Bugg, when the story broke, the clawback was not even part of the story

Yea they got lucky or the Yankees felt sorry for them. Mets fans who beat their chests make me laugh. Then theres those that talk about spending money. The Mets have wasted alot of money on so called superstars who have sucked and got them nowhere. Theres the Bernie Madoff scandal to add to the misery. Yet theres many still beating their chests.

Of course they beat their chest. They could be worse. They could be the Pirates!

There is nothing easier in this world than being a Yankee fan.

Of course they beat their chest. They could be worse. They could be the Pirates!

There is nothing easier in this world than being a Yankee fan.

FYI, he inherited his fandom from his grandfather. Apparently, they have chips implanted in their head. All the bugs are not worked out yet. ;)

I miss you, man.

FYI, he inherited his fandom from his grandfather. Apparently, they have chips implanted in their head. All the bugs are not worked out yet. ;)

I miss you, man.

Ok thats my reason, whats yours for being a Mets fan? This ought to be good.

My father was Mets / National League fan so I just naturally joined him watching the games.

200 million infusion seems to be getting closer. Better a sale of the entire team for a fresh satrt that is needed.

And for all the shitstorm that swirls around them, they have only one less championship than the Yankees over the last decade, and are within games of their record this year.

I love the front office that is in place for the Mets and any cash crisis they may face. They are going to build from within, and develop talent. That will enable to seize upon the appropriate free agents.

What the Mets and the rest of recent baseball has taught us is that the team with the largest payroll does not win more Championships than the other franchises.

I love this. I actually agree with it. But I love that you typed it out. So much is written about the Yankees "buying" championships when they win. When the Yankees don't win, it is not about money.

The Yankees built a financial empire, that is churning at an incredible rate. ARod and Jeter are overpaid because they bring people to the stadium. That is what people miss out on sometimes.

Archived