However will we beat the dolfins now?

Bravejamriot

http://www.oregonlive.com/nfl/index.ssf/2011/07/quarterback_matt_moore_to_sign.html

Former Oregon State quarterback Matt Moore will sign a two-year deal with the Miami Dolphins today, according to a source close to the situation.

Moore, who spent the previous three seasons with the Carolina Panthers, arrives in Miami today to sign a contract worth $5 million with incentives that could push it as high as $7.5 million.

The incentives are mostly playing-time based, which means Moore would have to unseat incumbent starter Chad Henne, who threw for 3,301 yards and 15 scores while leading the Dolphins to a 7-9 record.

Miami reportedly held discussions with Denver about acquiring quarterback Kyle Orton. The addition of Moore probably ends those talks. Had Miami landed Orton, a source said Moore would have been in play with the Broncos, as well as San Diego.

Moore, who entered the league in 2007 with Dallas as an undrafted rookie free agent, last year signed a one-year deal with the Panthers worth $3 million deal as a restricted free agent. Moore beat out rookie Jimmy Clausen but struggled, completing 55.2 percent of his passes for 857 yards and five touchdowns with 10 interceptions over six games for an offense riddled with injuries.

Clausen eventually replaced Moore but didn’t perform any better and the Panthers finished 2-14. In April Carolina selected Auburn quarterback Cam Newton with the No. 1 overall pick making Moore expendable.

Miami would like to see Moore duplicate his performance at the end of the 2009 season when he led the team to victories in four of its final five games and finished the season with a 98.5 passer rating. Moore threw for 1,053 yards and eight touchdowns with two interceptions.

Revis and Nnamdi are no match for Matt Moore!

Mat Moore lol I'm so used to the losing and this joke of a franchise that I actually get a rush from bad signings and losing. I'm addicted to my team being a joke.

I was legitimately concerned about Kyle Orton. Really thought you guys were making the smart move there. Smarter than Kolb to the Cards.

I know a lot of your fans didn't like the move (and you have to wonder if that affected your publicity minded front office), but Kyle's proven himself the past couple years and had a history with BMarshall.

Mat Moore lol I'm so used to the losing and this joke of a franchise that I actually get a rush from bad signings and losing. I'm addicted to my team being a joke.

Let's face it-you guys need to get rid of Jeff Ireland-it wasn't Parcells' fault it wasn't Dan Henning's fault-it isn't even Tony Sporano's fault-you guys need a real GM

I was legitimately concerned about Kyle Orton. Really thought you guys were making the smart move there. Smarter than Kolb to the Cards.

I know a lot of your fans didn't like the move (and you have to wonder if that affected your publicity minded front office), but Kyle's proven himself the past couple years and had a history with BMarshall.

I completely agree with this. While he's not a superstar, I think Orton is woefully underrated and on a good team can be a quality option as a starting QB. He's absolutely a WHOLE lot more proven than Kolb (who I don't get the hype with at all). He would have made the Dolphins a lot better team. Moore is a freakin' joke.

I completely agree with this. While he's not a superstar, I think Orton is woefully underrated and on a good team can be a quality option as a starting QB. He's absolutely a WHOLE lot more proven than Kolb (who I don't get the hype with at all). He would have made the Dolphins a lot better team. Moore is a freakin' joke.

Nobody sells QB's better than the Eagles. Watch them figure out a way to flip Vince Young for a high pick.

Nobody sells QB's better than the Eagles. Watch them figure out a way to flip Vince Young for a high pick.

Honestly, I would just as soon have called the Packers and see what they were looking for in return for Matt Flynn. I'm sure it would've been a decent amount less, and that's a team that's notorious for development of backup QBs.

Let's face it-you guys need to get rid of Jeff Ireland-it wasn't Parcells' fault it wasn't Dan Henning's fault-it isn't even Tony Sporano's fault-you guys need a real GM

It doesn't matter. Rick Speilman, Randy Mueller, Jeff Ireland....no matter who we bring in they will fail. lol

idk I wouldnt give up a 3rd for him. I'm actually happy they stood firm on their 4th round offer but it also sucks were not getting Orton now lol It's a no win situation!

I don't know why u won't give up that pick...u guys have drafted horrible the past few years anyway....take a chance.

Spoken like a true phag, adding to sig.

idk I wouldnt give up a 3rd for him. I'm actually happy they stood firm on their 4th round offer but it also sucks were not getting Orton now lol It's a no win situation!

I think he would've been well worth a 3rd round pick for the Dolphins considering they've blown 2nd rounders on Feeley, Culpepper, Beck, Henne, and White, it sure as hell would've been a better investment than previous picks.

Yep, dolphins = failsauce. Once again. You gotta pull the trigger on a move like that. Give up a damn 3rd round pick. You know Orton is tried and true, whereas your 3rd rounder is a gamble and chances are a lost gamble because ya'll can't draft for sh*t. Henne ain't the future of that franchise.

They are killing them on the radio right now. Dolphags are pissed lmfao

Are you hearing this stuff rillo? First of all I have never heard so many stupid people calling into radio shows in my life. If they can even speak the language it's a surprise and when they do, the brothers all calling in I swear to God you can't even understand half of the words coming out of their mouths. Jets fans are 10X more knowledgeable than Miami's fan base.

Elway wanted a second not a third and they should have given it to them and paid the money Orton is twice as good as Henne or Matt Moore will ever be. You want to talk bout a disheartened fan base? Wow. It almost pisses me off as a fan of this game to see what they are doing and to actually HEAR Jeffrey Ross TODAY touting their 11-5 season from 3 years ago...man I can almost feel sorry for my Dolphins fans friends-almost...

Are you hearing this stuff rillo? First of all I have never heard so many stupid people calling into radio shows in my life. If they can even speak the language it's a surprise and when they do, the brothers all calling in I swear to God you can't even understand half of the words coming out of their mouths. Jets fans are 10X more knowledgeable than Miami's fan base.

It's pure comedy I listen on my lunch break and I can't believe the stupidity some times. Some of the host are terrible also, Jorge Sedano and Evan Cohen are just terrible.

Archived