Steve Weatherford Signs With Giants

SoFlaJets

It doesn't make the team better. Losing a player who knows the system and was decent is not a good thing. I'm sure Westhoff isn't happy about it.

Westhoff didn't want him back. That was known before the lockout.

Weatherford sealed his fate with a crappy postseason.

Last, who gives a crap about a PUNTER knowing the "system." What "system"?

Westhoff didn't want him back. That was known before the lockout.

Weatherford sealed his fate with a crappy postseason.

Last, who gives a crap about a PUNTER knowing the "system." What "system"?

So who comes in and punts? It's not a position of wealth with good punters. You can tell by how many teams go through punters like crazy.

Aaron Schatz of Football Outsiders offered this, also on Twitter (@FO_ASchatz): "Weatherford the #1 punter in league by FO measures in 2010. Worth estimated 15 pts worth of field position over average."

So who comes in and punts? It's not a position of wealth with good punters. You can tell by how many teams go through punters like crazy.

Aaron Schatz of Football Outsiders offered this, also on Twitter (@FO_ASchatz): "Weatherford the #1 punter in league by FO measures in 2010. Worth estimated 15 pts worth of field position over average."

You can get a punter off the scrapheap and get the same performance.

Uhm, another punter.

Weatherford had a good year. But like I said, his horrendous postseason did him in. The Jets were ready to move on from him BEFORE this Nnamdi stuff started. Seriously. It was mentioned in January.

Uhm, another punter.

Weatherford had a good year. But like I said, his horrendous postseason did him in. The Jets were ready to move on from him BEFORE this Nnamdi stuff started. Seriously. It was mentioned in January.

It's really easy to just bring in a punter and have him kick in the Meadowlands in the weather and wind and just pick him up off the street. Really?

I can't wait to hear complaints from people about how terrible the new punter is when it comes to crunch time.

It's really easy to just bring in a punter and have him kick in the Meadowlands in the weather and wind and just pick him up off the street. Really?

I can't wait to hear complaints from people about how terrible the new punter is when it comes to crunch time.

It will be hard for him to be worse than Weatherford. Worry about guys who don't suck. The Jets haven't lost any major players so far.

He wasn't good. Did you watch any of the playoffs?

Of course I watched the playoffs. Obviously he wasn't that bad as to make an impression on me.

All I am saying is that it's not easy to bring in a good punter and even harder in NY weather.

We don't even have a punter now do we? There are so many positions going unaddressed because of ONE player. There is going to be a quick turnaround time for these teams. Some semblance of consistency would probably be better than not.

Of course I watched the playoffs. Obviously he wasn't that bad as to make an impression on me.

All I am saying is that it's not easy to bring in a good punter and even harder in NY weather.

We don't even have a punter now do we? There are so many positions going unaddressed because of ONE player. There is going to be a quick turnaround time for these teams. Some semblance of consistency would probably be better than not.

Consistency at punter is completely meaningless.

Near own endzone in a one possession game to boot. That was seriously one of the dumbest plays i've ever seen.

I loved watching the pained expression on Rex's face on SNY after the game when addressing it... looked like he had just eaten bad sushi (no offense).

if there was ever a time he was going to throw a player under the bus that would have been it.

Archived