Free Agents: Defensive Backs

Integrity28

I don't think these lists, captured from Scout.com, include all of the released players from the past few days. However, their a good starting point for discussing where we go next in FA, now that Aso won't be playing in Revis's shadow.

I would like to see the Jets add 2 new CB's and a new Safety to the secondary. Let's try to make this thread about players that could help, rather than rehashing the same debates that have overwhelmed all the other threads on the first page right now.

Safeties:

screenshot20110730at943.png

Corners:

screenshot20110730at942.png

Discuss... :D

I think if we can't re-sign Cromartie, we will end up with someone like Chris Carr, or Richard Marshall as our #2. Then we'll be in that Drayton Florence / Randall Gay territory for our #3 CB.

Way I see it, we have #1 Revis and #4 Wilson, and are missing #2 and #3.

Those corners look like linebackers.

You put the OLB's where the CB's are supposed to be. :)

I don't think it's very up to date with signings, either.

Thanks - I screen capped a couple positions, and mixed up the illegible thumbnails on imageshack. Fixed now. :)

And no, they aren't totally up-to-date. I figure most of us know who is and is not available and we can correct each other. I like Richard Marshall, but have no idea if he's available for instance.

I think if we can't re-sign Cromartie, we will end up with someone like Chris Carr, or Richard Marshall as our #2. Then we'll be in that Drayton Florence / Randall Gay territory for our #3 CB.

Way I see it, we have #1 Revis and #4 Wilson, and are missing #2 and #3.

You need CB's, but I hope Wilson is higher than that on the chart. And they do have Marquice Cole, too. They have about six weeks before the opener to get their UDFA's in shape. :lol:

You need CB's, but I hope Wilson is higher than that on the chart. And they do have Marquice Cole, too. They have about six weeks before the opener to get their UDFA's in shape. :lol:

I hope Wilson is higher too - maybe he's #3, and they are shopping for #4?

Didn't you guys hear, we're set at safety now, we re-signed Eric Smith. Granted he isn't even good enough for scout.com to rank him amongst their top 25 FA safeties, but he's gritty!

Seriously though, the Jets absolutely need to get another LEGIT safety, no more of this backups pretending to be starters crap. And I agree with the Ape, the Jets are probably going to look at signing at least two more veteran CBs, 1 to be a legit day one starting and another to compete with Wilson to see who takes the #3/#4 spots. Just look at last year, the top 4 CBs are all going to see plenty of playing time, so the team needs at least 4 decent players for those spots. As long as the price isn't too insane, I think the Jets make a serious run at Cromartie at this point, and then go from there.

I think Chris Carr is arguably the best of what's left, he's relatively young, and should be able to get up to speed extremely quickly coming from the Ravens. He'd easily be my first choice.

The light seemed to come on for Mike Huff this year - but I'm not sure that wasn't just the awareness of being in a contract year. Sensabaugh from the 'boys may not be a bad choice, either. I think Rex is far more concerned about the CB position, though, and views the safety as an afterthought.

Hey man! Good to see you posting again ... how are thing with your Gramps?

Good... Hes still recovering from surgery and looking to move into a care home so things are getting easier. I still dont have internet so I'm just posting from my phone... Enough time to post in this forum but I dont know if I can play a whole mafia game from my phone.

Good to be back though.

Good... Hes still recovering from surgery and looking to move into a care home so things are getting easier. I still dont have internet so I'm just posting from my phone... Enough time to post in this forum but I dont know if I can play a whole mafia game from my phone.

Good to be back though.

Glad to hear it. There is talk of playing mafia into the NFL season, so you can get a game anytime. :D

You know what would've been cool? If we'd drafted a safety at some point over the past few years. That would've been cool. You know what else would've been cool? If we'd picked up Joe Lefeged instead of Scotty whats-his-name (friend of Sanchez I think, white kid, kinda mediocre). But we didn't. Good thing our GM is awesome, or I'd be scratching my head about now.

JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora

Chris Carr, one of top remaining corners on the market, very close to re-signing with Baltimore

Odd, Carr talked a lot about wanting a shot to start. Not saying he should land with us, but early buzz on him was he thought he could start elsewhere.

Odd, Carr talked a lot about wanting a shot to start. Not saying he should land with us, but early buzz on him was he thought he could start elsewhere.

Carr would probably start here over Wilson, but not over Cro. So arent we out to improve over last years team?

The Ravens are reportedly "very close" to re-signing free agent CB Chris Carr.

We wonder if a deal with Carr might lead to Domonique Foxworth's release. Foxworth is due $4.4 million coming off a torn ACL. Carr has been unable to land a starting job on the open market. The Jets settled on Donald Strickland instead

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

Carr would probably start here over Wilson, but not over Cro. So arent we out to improve over last years team?

Stop asking me stupid questions. "We" are fans killing time. The Jets are dealing with a huge amount of free agents, one at a time. Just because its not apparent to you with each new rumor how they are approaching dealing with all these free agents, doesn't mean they aren't trying to improve the team.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

One more CB off the market: Ravens reached agreement with cornerback Chris Carr on a four-year deal.

That sucks. That's who I wanted.

The pickings are slim, and I think Cro is going to want around 9 million, which is a lot more then he's worth

Archived