Malcolm Floyd

Gastineau Lives

Malcom Floyd: Jets interested in Malcom Floyd

Malcom Floyd - WR - SD - Jul. 30 - 12:08 am et

According to the Newark Star-Ledger, the Jets' free agent options at receiver are Malcom Floyd, James Jones, and Braylon Edwards.

Noticeably absent: Randy Moss. Beat writer Jenny Vrentas concedes that Edwards may be too expensive, but that door hasn't been shut. This is the first we've heard of a Jets interest in Floyd, who has previously been connected to the Vikings and 49ers. Jul. 30 - 12:08 am et

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Sign this beast. 6'5 225 for all of you size queens here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7-ixu1FkcA

I'm down with it. Floyd is still rough around the edges but obviously has the size and potentially has the game to be just as good as BE last year. Not sure how his run blocking is though, that was an area that Braylon really excelled at which we will miss.

Always a little skeptical when judging guys who've been catching balls from Philip Rivers.

yeah, but if you look at his biggest plays he's adjusted to the ball and has just showed so much athleticism going over or around defenders that it seemed like it wasn't because of rivers for a lot of his big plays.

So does Edwards.

Who's price tag is higher (I don't know). Who has a DWI and recently crashed his car (that I do know), who did the Jets spurn to sign a CB and now feels like the proverbial red headed step child (same guy). The Jets would have to charter a separate flight for all of Edwards baggage.

Who's price tag is higher (I don't know). Who has a DWI and recently crashed his car (that I do know), who did the Jets spurn to sign a CB and now feels like the proverbial red headed step child (same guy). The Jets would have to charter a separate flight for all of Edwards baggage.

His play on the field outshines his little baggage he carries. This is the NFL not the church choir league.

If Floyd is cheaper, then I'm cool with him being a Jet. He's a bit inconsistent, but would make a solid addition. Big target.

Holmes

Cotchery

Floyd

Kerley

Turner

McKnight

Courtney Smith

Would like to see us add a 2nd WR via FA actually, doubtful that happens though.

His play on the field outshines his little baggage he carries. This is the NFL not the church choir league.

Malcolm Floyd is the better choice. He's bigger, averaged twenty yards a catch last season, just as athletic (if not more so) and is not one step away from the pokey. ;)

There must be a reason the Jets (according to sources) have no interest in Braylon right now and do have interest in Floyd. I mean, they're familiar with him, he knows the system, fits into it, has made huge plays for us, but yet "no thank you". Why?

Malcolm Floyd is the better choice. He's bigger, averaged twenty yards a catch last season, just as athletic (if not more so) and is not one step away from the pokey. ;)

There must be a reason the Jets (according to sources) have no interest in Braylon right now and do have interest in Floyd. I mean, they're familiar with him, he knows the system, fits into it, has made huge plays for us, but yet "no thank you". Why?

Agreed or it could be a ploy to lower Edwards asking price.

If Floyd is cheaper, then I'm cool with him being a Jet. He's a bit inconsistent, but would make a solid addition. Big target.

Holmes

Cotchery

Floyd

Kerley

Turner

McKnight

Courtney Smith

Would like to see us add a 2nd WR via FA actually, doubtful that happens though.

Jets could also spread out LT or Joe McKnight in a pinch.

I love me some WR's, but I don't think the position's a priority for the Jets at all. You'd think a coach that's all about stopping WR's would be more interested in having a couple quality guys on his own team. :blink:

Jets could also spread out LT or Joe McKnight in a pinch.

I love me some WR's, but I don't think the position's a priority for the Jets at all. You'd think a coach that's all about stopping WR's would be more interested in having a couple quality guys on his own team. :blink:

Cotch and Holmes are a couple of quality guys.

But I agree. I also think we carry 4 RBs all season and get back to running the ball 60% of the time. I'd love that actually. 25-30 pass attempts per game for Sanchez.

Doesn't every receiver on the Chargers look great running 9-routes for Rivers? Are we sure he's not Alvin Harper?

This is 100% the biggest red flag on Floyd. Would have rather seen us land Vincent Jackson opposite Holmes. That would be boner worthy.

This is 100% the biggest red flag on Floyd. Would have rather seen us land Vincent Jackson opposite Holmes. That would be boner worthy.

There aren't many receivers left to sign without red flags. If the biggest red flag on him is that he caught balls from the same guy that gives you a boner, I'd love to take the chance on him.

I'm down with it. Floyd is still rough around the edges but obviously has the size and potentially has the game to be just as good as BE last year. Not sure how his run blocking is though, that was an area that Braylon really excelled at which we will miss.

Good to see you back, bro.

Malcolm Floyd is perfectly capable of replacing Braylons 53 catches and 900 yards. The TDs might be tough to come by as it makes no sense to throw to a tall receiver in the end zone, but that's a Schotty thing...

Good to see you back, bro.

Thank you, sir. The hiatus was good for the soul even though I did check in as a visitor from time to time. Now I'm right back into being a football zombie. It's really counter-productive for the rest of my life but as long as I see a god damn SB parade it will all be worth (probably not).

I'd be okay with him, but it would be a step back to be honest. He has let me down in fantasy football alot. And that's how I judge players. ;)

Hahaha... yep I had him too, disappeared some weeeks. What a bum.

Archived