All things Cotchery

MarylandJetsFan

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't Mason going to retire not so long ago?

I'm pretty sure he actually did retire and it was right after McNair was killed. Plus I'm sure there was a money factor. He came back out of "retirement" like a week later. So what either way?

Since then (I think that was 2 years ago) he's put up

1000 yds / 7 TDs

800 yds / 7 TDs

Cotchery, in those same 2 years, at age 27 and 28:

800 yds / 4 TDs (a rushing TD is still a TD)

400 yds / 2 TDs

Oh you can bank on Belichick picking up Cotch and using him against us...along with Ellis. Cant wait to hear that everday on espn how great they are for the pats. <_<

What can Cotch tell Belichick about our offense he already does not know ? After all Shotty predictable is our OC.... Plus I think the Pats are set at WR they wont sign an injured vet when they already have 4 and 2 pass catching TE's

What can Cotch tell Belichick about our offense he already does not know ? After all Shotty predictable is our OC.... Plus I think the Pats are set at WR they wont sign an injured vet when they already have 4 and 2 pass catching TE's

THAT is something we can agree on.

Although it's going to be tougher to know when the Jets are running the ball with Brad Smith off the field. Of course that sleaze BB, and every other opposing coach, can just go with ol' reliable: a Jets RB lining up 7 yards back = run up the gut. If Cotchery "informed" BB of that does anyone think BB's reaction would be, "Ooooh, really? Wow, now that IS helpful. We've 8000 minutes of game footage and 20 guys with binoculars. How on earth could we have missed that? Thank you, Jerricho."

Great quote from Brandon Moore on Cotchery: "Before all the all-stars came, he was here, making plays. We won a lot of games w/ him." #Jets

web • 8/6/11 9:25 AM

From Cimini on twitter. A lot of teammates speaking out against the move.

Just like they did when we let go of Alan Faneca and Thomas Jones last year. No complaints about those moves now.

Just like they did when we let go of Alan Faneca and Thomas Jones last year. No complaints about those moves now.

PEW PEW PEW

Perhaps their issue lies in how he perceives he never got his fair shot rather than the release. He wanted out and that's what happened, I fail to see the issue.

I'm pretty sure he actually did retire and it was right after McNair was killed. Plus I'm sure there was a money factor. He came back out of "retirement" like a week later. So what either way?

Since then (I think that was 2 years ago) he's put up

1000 yds / 7 TDs

800 yds / 7 TDs

Cotchery, in those same 2 years, at age 27 and 28:

800 yds / 4 TDs (a rushing TD is still a TD)

400 yds / 2 TDs

You're not comparing apples to apples

2 years ago Cotch has a rookie QB with serious growing pains

Last year, Cotch is 3rd receiver

Mason 2 years ago was Baltmore's #1 guy, and last years #2

Nice effort though

Nice effort though

Mason was Baltimore's ONLY receiver. Meaning he was mostly facing double-teams and still outperforming Cotchery handily. That argument goes both ways.

Nice effort though.

Nice effort though

If Cotch is so amazing and so much better, why wasn't he #1 or even #2 last year?

Nice effort though

Excuses.

While he was the #2 here before Santonio came off suspension Cotchery was just as invisible, averaging like 20 ypg. And it's not like teams routiney put their best DB on him.

Cotchery was a damn solid draft pick and player for us. He is (or was) tough to bring down once he had the ball, for a WR his size, but didn't get the ball enough. The main reason is he just doesn't get open that easily due to lack of speed and quickness. His 1 amazing catch a year doesn't erase all the plays he's not able to make. It's also unusual for him to not miss games due to one injury or another.

He's far from the worst receiver in the league, meaning we could do a lot worse, but we can also do better.

Mason was also good enough to be a marginal #1 WR. Cotchery was not. He did so well in the #1 role the team scrambled to find Braylon Edwards after the season already was underway.

Chris Baker is available right now!

I remember the whole, "Victor Hobson's going to make the pro bowl" idiocy after NE picked him up. Of course they also dumped him before the final roster cutdown.

Similar lunacy when NE "stole" Chris Baker from us. His crowning achievement was a 2-TD pre-season game for them.

Archived