Forget the Jets front Office

TNJet

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, I got nothing against Plex, I like the guy. You didn't see me rioting when they signed him. It's just the fact that next year, Mark will be throwing to Santonio, Dustin and [insert three guys he's probably never met here]. That's assuming Santonio doesn't get suspended for the whole year, in which case it's Dustin and 4 guys he's never met.

And how is that different from any other QB in the league? That's life in the NFL.

Schotty will find a way to make it all work.

hahahaha! exactly, thats why we cant afford to lose every cohesive WR we had last season...oh wait we already did. Maybe we can bring in a bunch of overrated over the hill wr's and get the same results...oh wait we already did that too....yet we wont get any production since they wont last 5 games before they get injured.

Every team dismantles their WR corps every single year? I didn't know that.

I still fail to see how we "dismantled" anything. We locked up Homes long term, and cut Jericho Cotchery. Brad Smith was overpayed to go to BUF and Bray we wanted no part of re-signing. We have signed Plaxico Burress and picked up a couple projects in the draft. IVe said it before in this thread and Ill say it again, the Jets FO is clearly not willing to spend big money on the #2 or #3 WR spot. I think ultimately the goal is for those positions to be given to drafted players that have been developed through the system. IF it all works out, as those players contracts run out and take deals elsewhere, we will continue to replace them with home grown products. When Santonio's contract expires, we will then look to address our #1 receiver spot again.

Again, under Rex we are gong to be a defensive minded team that likes to run the ball and value possession on offense. We pride ourselves on being physical and smart on both sides of the ball. And we have kept the OL, RBs, and QB together, and added more depth in the trenches on D, while at the same time keeping the secondary and LBs together. Say what you will, but this has been as good as an offseason as you could have asked for given the situation we were in. And I have a feeling Tanne still isn't completely done yet.

Holy sh*t. I know I'm a pretty pessimistic guy, but even I find this sh*t to be completely ridiculous. This board has become unreadable this evening. I was nearly as big of a fan of both Edwards and Cotch as you'll find, and I certainly wish Sanchez was working with a WR corps he had more experience with, but this reaction is beyond absurd. Over the past few years the Jets have successfully managed to retain every single one of their best players, and haven't truly regretted a loss since the whole Kendall fiasco. Their most important guy, Sanchez, is still growing and improving. There's some guys that are gone that I would have liked to keep, but not one of them was anything close to a deal-breaker in terms of the abilities of this team. The Jets still have a stellar OL with a stable full of RBs to run behind it and a top notch defense who added two blue chip prospects to its DL and retained all but one defensive starter from a year ago (and he may still return). Sure in a perfect world the Jets would have a better OC, Sanchez would be MVP caliber and the Jets WR corps would be All-Pros across the board, but that sh*t just isn't happening. You don't have to be thrilled with every single decision, and I'm sure as hell not, but this is absolutely freakin' ridiculous. We wonder why Jets fans get the rep that we do, and then we can't even have the slightest bit of confidence in a front office and coaching staff who have brought us to back to back championship games, after not having been to one in over a decade.

I liked Cotch a lot, but the guy played like crap for 90% of the year last year (including when he was starting while Holmes was out) and it didn't stop the Jets from having the success they had. And as much as I was in favor of bringing Edwards back, the guy clearly has some serious problems, and if it's enough for even Rex and the Jets of all teams to have concerns about bringing him back, that speaks volumes. And while the two-year layoff certainly brings some questions, from a skillset standpoint Plax really is the perfect replacement you could ask for in place of Edwards. Seriously think about this, if the Plaxico move works out, what exactly about this team could you declare is so horridly worse than last years? Is there a single thing? Not that there isn't some legit risk there, but that sure as hell isn't enough reason to throw in the towel already.

Like I said, I don't expect everyone to love every move, as I certainly haven't, but to curse the team and FO and already declare the season a loss is an absolutely infantile reaction. They could cut another 20 guys and this team would still beat the crap out of half or more of the Jets teams we've rooted for over the years.

I don't think it's a downgrade. I'll miss Edwards, but the dude had major issues and he might not even be there for half the season. We didn't have a choice in that matter. For the money we had, we did very good. Plax is a proven red zone threat with a fresh body, who can block just as good as Edwards. If he plays even close to the way he used to, that's an upgrade. Mason is better than Cotchery, and who knows if Cotch is ever going to be the same after the back surgery. That's another upgrade. If Sanchez continues to improve and build even more chemistry with Santonio, we'll be fine. I know he had chemistry with Cotchery and Edwards, but he'll still have fully capable receivers.

Say what you want but they downgraded the receiving core. Just what a 3rd year QB needs.

F--KING STUPID.

So Tannenbaum/Rex are stupid. I GUARANTEE you if you had a conversation/argument with them about what they've done this offseason, they would rip you a new a$$hole.

And no, not every GM makes great decisions all the time but for fans, it's all speculation and talking out of your a$$ when you challenge moves by the front office and sometimes you will just happen to be right.

But to pretend that you know how to run a football organization better than the two guys that have been to the AFC Championship the last two years is just F--KING STUPID.

The fact that you are so sure of what you're saying is a dead f-cking giveaway.

I have to say i have been one who was definitely on the side of "the front office is ******* our offense" but after rewding through this thread i have to agree that we should let this play out. I read a post a few pages back that really made me think...this offense that we, including me, have been so angry about them letting go is the same offense that scored 0 and 9 points in games last year. It wasnt like they were the best offense of all time. I would LOVEto see some.of our young guys get some playing time and maybe have some homegrown wide recievers. I think we might see that with Kerley and Turner this year as well as Plax and Mason fitting into their roles well. If you step back and look its really not that bad.

Personally, I think the team has improved. The QB is infinitely more important than the WR, and the current crop of WRs is not without talent. The DL is younger like I've wanted for years. The LBs all seem to be healthy. The DBs from last year are back again. There's still room and time to spend...

You will see that a true #1 is frequently over 1,000: Megatron (50% of seasons), Fitzgerald (5/7 seasons), Andre Johnson (5/8 seasons), Reggie Wayne (70% or 7/10)

Holmes.... 1/5. Not inspired.

How many of those teams are run first teams???

The team goes to back-to-back AFC title games, has one of the best defenses in the NFL both years under Rex, and some fans say they have "had enough" of the FO that built this team.

LOL. Is every fanbase like this?

Archived