2012: A Heavenly Dream Season

SoFlaJets

Well the "Season In Hell" is *****OFFICIALLY*****over and we can now let the Season In Hell thread die. I'm glad. The 2012 Jets season starts today and there is a lot of possibilities and yes, even hope. I have been saying it since even BEFORE the Christmas Eve game was played that we all already KNEW what was going to happen; that the Jets were going to lose that Giants game and the Super Bowl was going to be between the Pats and Giants-well, it happened. The other thing that I have been saying since then was that Woody Johnson was not going to stand for this and it would be HE who would make some kind of a bold move like getting Peyton Manning to try and steal some of the thunder and the back pages from the Giants. So as of today, with the new season coming I fully expect Woody Johnson and the Jets to do any and everything possible to get Peyton Manning for us...if he succeeds then our Season In Hell will be "A Heavenly Dream Season"...let's all hope...oh yea, and I might even spring for the NFL Sunday Ticket again if it does happen....

So is anybody else at least a LITTLE bit excited about the upcoming off-season, draft, pre season? Also, when teams lose a Super Bowl like New England did last night the next year they always seem to struggle a bit-this could be a great open window for the Jets IF, IF they make some significant moves starting with the pursuit of #18...Now if it looks like we have no chance to get Manning then I want to see us try for Matt Flynn-somebody who will at least be given a CHANCE to battle it out with Sanchez for the starting spot. That's what it's going to take: the Jets will ONLY make it a competition if the go out and GET another starting caliber signal caller. If it comes down to us going into the summer with Kevin O'Connell and Greg McElroy well then you can pretty much write the 2012 season off and start watching which seniors we're going to be drafting in April 2013

So is anybody else at least a LITTLE bit excited about the upcoming off-season, draft, pre season? Also, when teams lose a Super Bowl like New England did last night the next year they always seem to struggle a bit-this could be a great open window for the Jets IF, IF they make some significant moves starting with the pursuit of #18...Now if it looks like we have no chance to get Manning then I want to see us try for Matt Flynn-somebody who will at least be given a CHANCE to battle it out with Sanchez for the starting spot. That's what it's going to take: the Jets will ONLY make it a competition if the go out and GET another starting caliber signal caller. If it comes down to us going into the summer with Kevin O'Connell and Greg McElroy well then you can pretty much write the 2012 season off and start watching which seniors we're going to be drafting in April 2013

Problem with Matt Flynn is that he is going to want to go somewhere he can start without competition and will get starter money. Dolphins, Redskins, etc etc. Someone will overpay for his services. The Jets are probably looking at someone like Brady Quinn to come in and try to compete, which I'd be okay with.

we are going to enjoy a great season ending a year from yesterday with Rex, Woody and gang hoisting the Lombardi trophy in the best place in the world to win a Supe -- NOLA

followed by the FIRST HOME SUPERBOWL WIN in NFL history - the repeat at Jet Life in 2014

GO JETS!!!

Problem with Matt Flynn is that he is going to want to go somewhere he can start without competition and will get starter money. Dolphins, Redskins, etc etc. Someone will overpay for his services. The Jets are probably looking at someone like Brady Quinn to come in and try to compete, which I'd be okay with.

Agree with the first part. Someone is going to give Flynn a Kolb/Cassell contract.

If the second part comes true the Jets are playing minor league ball. They need to bring in someone to actually compete, not try to compete.

This will be a crazy off season for Woody and the Jets , Coach Ryan will get one shot to fix his team or his time may come to an end. plus add the fact that the other NY team won it all and used the Jets as a stepping stone on the way to the title makes even harder to swallow. I for one think if Peyton will be on the market Gang Green will go after him head first, but other changes will happen the whole roster will change on both sides of the ball. Scott, Leonard, Plax will all be gone just to say a few

Seriously though what has Jason Campbell done in his career- playoff wins? and he will be competition?

I'm not trying to defend Jason Campbell, because I don't think he's a particularly good QB, but for people to be suggesting that Sanchez has somehow proven more in his NFL career because his team won some playoff games in which he passed for less than 200 yards is lunacy to me.

Where is JiF to bring some negativity to this thread?

Thats completely unfair. Reading this board lately and you'd think the Jets are a bunch of talentless hacks. Which I completely disagree with...we're a QB away from being contenders every single season. I <3 Rex Ryan and I'm confident he'll fix the locker room issues and the Jets will be back in the playoffs next season.

Just because I passionately hate Sanchez doesnt mean I dont think the Jets are a good team. Its actually quite the opposite. I hate Mark Sanchez because he's holding back a great team. Thats my honest opinion.

Go Jets!!!

just stating my opinion hector

and based on what I have seen from both Campbell and Sanchez in their careers,,,,

Campbell would be a major downgrade at QB for the Jets

Over his last 50 games, Campbell has completed ~62% of his passes for an AY/A of 6.6 while playing on teams inferior to the Jets.

Sanchez, in his career, has completed ~55% of his passes with an AY/A of 5.7.

I don't see how we'd be looking at a major downgrade in any way, outside of smexyness.

I'm not trying to defend Jason Campbell, because I don't think he's a particularly good QB, but for people to be suggesting that Sanchez has somehow proven more in his NFL career because his team won some playoff games in which he passed for less than 200 yards is lunacy to me.

Here's a simple way to look at this...put Mark Sanchez on the Redskins and tell me how his winning percentage looks.

Thats completely unfair. Reading this board lately and you'd think the Jets are a bunch of talentless hacks. Which I completely disagree with...we're a QB away from being contenders every single season. I <3 Rex Ryan and I'm confident he'll fix the locker room issues and the Jets will be back in the playoffs next season.

Just because I passionately hate Sanchez doesnt mean I dont think the Jets are a good team. Its actually quite the opposite. I hate Mark Sanchez because he's holding back a great team. Thats my honest opinion.

Go Jets!!!

OFFENSIVE COORDINATING WIDE RECEIVERS.

Go Jets!!!

Passionately hating a Jets player seems a bit rash. He's a person as well. There aren't many other options out there for QB of the Jets, ya know?

Archived