Braylon Tells SNY What He Wants for Christmas

Ken Schroy

Only team dumb enough to grant his wish. Smart Braylon.

He isn't a big dollar receiver anymore, as of right now. But his knee is good, his hammy is getting better. We have a chance to tie him up right now, for long term.. at a decent value. Hasn't seen too much time the last couple of years, guys got some miles left on him.

Dude, I put it right above you!

And its a great video. Guy says it twice. Wants to be here long term, wants to finish his career here. NO ONE else has said anything like that. Sign the man!

I agree! I dont care what you say about his personal life, Bray has been one of the most consistently hard working, non-bitching wide receivers This franchise has had. The guy does not mail it in. Sign him!

Exactly.

I was sighing because you actually asked about his "value".

The fact that he bad mouthed the Jets, so the playoff team Seahawks cut him, and then the Jets went and added him tells me everything I need to know about his worth to a GOOD football team, and everything I need to know about the integrity of this Jets regime.

I was sighing because you actually asked about his "value".

The fact that he bad mouthed the Jets, so the playoff team Seahawks cut him, and then the Jets went and added him tells me everything I need to know about his worth to a GOOD football team, and everything I need to know about the integrity of this Jets regime.

Yeah, I got it, "Integrity".

I honestly don't know what the deal is with this guy. I love him but he's insane. Why is he so obsessed about being here all the time? Not just this year but in 2010-2011 too.

Also he's like the only receiver that ever says anything good about Sanchez. Never really hear Holmes doing that. Cotchery was such a professional but don't think he ever liked Sanchez. The postgame interview with Kerley the other day was like the most non-supportive interview I've ever heard from a WR to his QB.

Lulz. No, he didnt say anything about a discount so clearly this is yet another example (like Landry) of how players dont really want to play for Rex.

My greatest concern is the manner that Rex coaches players-whether they came with discount or not.

This is one of the most non-developing staffs I have ever seen.

My greatest concern is the manner that Rex coaches players-whether they came with discount or not.

This is one of the most non-developing staffs I have ever seen.

I'm pretty sure you know nothing about the manner in which Rex coaches players.

Rex can develop D. To say different is foolish.

I'm pretty sure you know nothing about the manner in which Rex coaches players.

Rex can develop D. To say different is foolish.

I see the byproduct on the field, which tells me plenty how he coaches.

Smart coaches know how to beat Rex's defense.

-In short yardage situations you bring them in tight, with a jumbo formation, and you gash them on the edge with a run. Works for big yards any number of times. Running left (for whatever reason seems to be the better spot).

-Clear out for one-on-ones against Kyle Wilson. It does not matter the quality of WR you single him on, put a WR against Wilson in space, and you can get chunks of yardage.

-Use Rex's agression against him. Screen plays are a good bet to work (although, I have to admit Wilkerson is starting to wise up).

-Focus on the tight end. The Jets can't cover 'em.

The thing is, the Jets have been playing against such inept offenses (mirror images of them), that they can't take advantage of these known tendencies.

Your pollyanna approach to Rex, and failure to see what is really happening is as blinding as the midwest snow.

I see the byproduct on the field, which tells me plenty how he coaches.

Smart coaches know how to beat Rex's defense.

-In short yardage situations you bring them in tight, with a jumbo formation, and you gash them on the edge with a run. Works for big yards any number of times. Running left (for whatever reason seems to be the better spot).

-Clear out for one-on-ones against Kyle Wilson. It does not matter the quality of WR you single him on, put a WR against Wilson in space, and you can get chunks of yardage.

-Use Rex's agression against him. Screen plays are a good bet to work (although, I have to admit Wilkerson is starting to wise up).

-Focus on the tight end. The Jets can't cover 'em.

The thing is, the Jets have been playing against such inept offenses (mirror images of them), that they can't take advantage of these known tendencies.

Your pollyanna approach to Rex, and failure to see what is really happening is as blinding as the midwest snow.

Meh, his D has shut down the best in the biz. Give him an offense that can help out and we're not having this conversation.

Oh, and is it too much to ask my head coach to be more than a one trick pony? Because that is all Rex is.

So are 95% of the HC's in the NFL.

Meh, his D has shut down the best in the biz. Give him an offense that can help out and we're not having this conversation.

So are 95% of the HC's in the NFL.

Your Christmas giving knows no bounds. The passes that you give Rex are truly worldly.

Just the SIMPLE things that the Jets fail to do on a regular basis (and things that Herm got skewered for):

-Failure to get right personnel in the game and package mis-coordination

-Time management

-Self scouting to see their own tendencies and change up

Not to mention the lack of being accountable. Loyalty is a great thing in life, but when you overuse it as a football coach, you are done.

If you simply choose to gloss over these impairments, well that is on you then.

Archived