111 replies to this topic

#51 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,045 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

How much does he care about the members of this site?  He once asked me to create a bunch of alt accounts so members who play Mafia can have alter egos for a single game in that forum.  A dozen or so users are nothing for a site like this in terms of traffic.  The mafia forum does very little in terms of adding traffic to this site as well...  but Max cares enough about the user-base that a little extra effort put forth to make a small group of people happy is nothing that Max would think twice about. 

Not for nothing, but the Mafia forum is currently the third most trafficked forum on the site behind this one and the lounge. By the time next season starts, it will probably have more posts than all of "Other Sports" combined. Max has been very good to all the angry nerds that make up that little weirdo corner, but the mafia people have been good for the site, too.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#52 Nolder

Nolder

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 4,583 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

How much does he care about the members of this site?  He once asked me to create a bunch of alt accounts so members who play Mafia can have alter egos for a single game in that forum.  A dozen or so users are nothing for a site like this in terms of traffic.  The mafia forum does very little in terms of adding traffic to this site as well...  but Max cares enough about the user-base that a little extra effort put forth to make a small group of people happy is nothing that Max would think twice about.  On multiple occasions as an admin here I witnessed Max taking great measures to fix the smallest of bugs that 99.99% of the user base wouldn't notice.  He did so for the one person who did notice.  Other places would put the issue on the future fix list and forget about it.  Oh, and have I mentioned how expensive it is to run this place?

As someone who comes to this site only for mafia I can say that however small the amount of traffic the mafia forum produces it does do it's small part. I haven't been around very long but I have no doubt that everything you said about Max is true and I definitely appreciate it. Happy birthday JN!  :-)

#53 The Crusher

The Crusher

Comeback Player of the year 2016

• Moderators
  • 29,127 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

POPULAR

Not for nothing, but the Mafia forum is currently the third most trafficked forum on the site behind this one and the lounge. By the time next season starts, it will probably have more posts than all of "Other Sports" combined. Max has been very good to all the angry nerds that make up that little weirdo corner, but the mafia people have been good for the site, too.

Typical Jets fan happy to be # 3. 

#54 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 32,799 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

super8new__index.jpg

Congrats Max! 

Truly the best collection of Jets fans on the interwebz, in a well-cultivated environment. An achievement nothing short of "super". 

Cheers!

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#55 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 36,763 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

The only reason I post here is Max.  Ok, thats a lie.  Crusher told me to say it.

Posted Image

#56 SMC

SMC

Day-to-day

• Members
  • 19,180 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

Happy Birthday & Congrats!!!

Edited by SMC, 18 February 2013 - 12:07 PM.

Posted Image

#57 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 57,824 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

No doubt if you ever wanted to see what a labor of love looks like just take a look at this site.  Max has put his love all over the place.  From the first time I came here from JI to enjoy the Mafia goodness without persecution he has done everything to make everyone feel welcome.  Hell... he even gave us our own forum.  Are you kidding me? 

Bergen is 100% spot on.  The mafia forum produces very few post, a rare new poster and few compared to the rest of the site but Max treats us like we are as important as the rest of the place.  Dealing with our complaints and doing everything he could so just a few people could enjoy themselves here.  Though he has no idea what the heck we do there our what the game is about he comes by and ask what he can do to help. 

Truly an outstanding fella running an outstanding site.  Really glad to have been part of it the last few years and appreciative for everything her has done.  The football part is pretty cool too.

Thank you Crusher. I am going to play a game one of these days. I honestly have no idea what it is you all do in there, haha.

You have brought so many people to this site. Thank you for all that you do! I really appreciate it.

#58 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 57,824 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

The master plan involves just merging all those posts with the NFL forum and then claiming there was a technical glitch. The mafia forum will be at 0 and then everyone will be super motivated to catch up to the previous impressive post counts, lol.

Just kidding.

#59 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 57,824 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

As someone who comes to this site only for mafia I can say that however small the amount of traffic the mafia forum produces it does do it's small part. I haven't been around very long but I have no doubt that everything you said about Max is true and I definitely appreciate it. Happy birthday JN!  :-)

Thank you! The mafia community is great, and I really am going to try to make it in there for a game. Someone just has to teach me what the hell is going on in there, lol.

#60 Lily

Lily

Day 3 lynch

• Members
  • 3,995 posts
  • LocationMafia board

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

I'm here mostly for mafia, too, although I have popped into the lounge a few times. Max, you have been there for us no matter what little thing we've wanted or needed. You're the best!

#61 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,231 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

You people are making a good name for the Mafia- who would have thunk it!

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#62 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,197 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

I don't even know what mafia game is:(
Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#63 billybroome

billybroome

Bengalszone's Bad Boy, been here since '05.

• Members
  • 2,672 posts
  • LocationPrescott Arizona

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Me either. The one forum here I've never been in.

#64 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,118 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Picture a hot tub. You're in it with six other guys. You're all making jokes about one of the guys having an awkward erection. Then everyone has an awkward erection. Mafia.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#65 The Crusher

The Crusher

Comeback Player of the year 2016

• Moderators
  • 29,127 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

Picture a hot tub. You're in it with six other guys. You're all making jokes about one of the guys having an awkward erection. Then everyone has an awkward erection. Mafia.

You have mafia confused with the mod lounge.

#66 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 57,824 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

You have mafia confused with the mod lounge.

Sounds like a good name for your next game:

Mod Lounge. "Where what's up is really up".

#67 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Gratz guys best Jets fan site on the web. I used to be on JI, but since I found JN it's the only Jet fans site I look too.

#68 billybroome

billybroome

Bengalszone's Bad Boy, been here since '05.

• Members
  • 2,672 posts
  • LocationPrescott Arizona

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

What's weird here Is I've never see a single Bills fans here. It ain't like Buffalo isn't right down the road.

#69 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,032 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Sounds like a good name for your next game:

Mod Lounge. "Where what's up is really up".

OMG Mod Lounge Mafia.  This needs to happen.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#70 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,118 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

What's weird here Is I've never see a single Bills fans here. It ain't like Buffalo isn't right down the road.

There are a couple. SweetLee and another dude who check in before Bills games.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#71 Leelou

Leelou

Red headed Wench

• Members
  • 5,234 posts
  • LocationNorwood

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

Congrats and thanks, Max! 

Mafia is not just all guys. 

The Lovely Leelou :wub:

Belongs to Verbal

#72 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,118 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

It was a metaphor.

#73 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 57,824 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Gratz guys best Jets fan site on the web. I used to be on JI, but since I found JN it's the only Jet fans site I look too.

POTW anyone? :)

Thanks.

#74 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 57,824 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

Which is exactly why Tom is never in there. Hey Now.

#75 Dan.

Dan.

No Longer a Fake Man but still banned

• Members
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Thanks for everything, Max!!!!!!!! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users